Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: gado? lundy? neither?
Gado all the way baby 9 47.37%
Lundy!! 8 42.11%
sorry but neither 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2007   #1
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan
Default Gado vs. Lundy

who will be here the longest? who will eventually start if they ever do? Who will play more this year? Why? Who's is ultimately more skilled and in what aspects? I would like to get everyones opinion on this i like both backs alot but am not sure who is better for the texans.

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007   #2
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Rep Power: 10 nfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVP
Default Re: Gado vs. Lundy

My money's on Lundy, who I think will have a break-out season this year. I really think there's talent there we haven't tapped yet.

Sig by AZwhoopr
Adopt-a-Texan 2008 : Matt Schaub
"nfl-brit.....keeping Allah busy since 1988"
nfl-brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007   #3
real

I like how Lundy runs more than Gado. He seems to have better vision.

but if it comes down to a 'one or the other' kind of thing I think Gado gets the nod...
Old 08-16-2007   #4
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I like how Lundy runs more than Gado. He seems to have better vision.

but if it comes down to a 'one or the other' kind of thing I think Gado gets the nod...
see yea like why in the end will gado win the job? i am fine with that i just want reasons, thanks

Old 08-16-2007   #5
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO it's to early to tell. Before Saturday I would have said Lundy. Now I think it is even between the 2. That was just one preseason game though so I think Lundy still has a chance to make an impact.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I need to see more from both of them.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007   #7
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
IMO it's to early to tell. Before Saturday I would have said Lundy. Now I think it is even between the 2. That was just one preseason game though so I think Lundy still has a chance to make an impact.
i guess we will have to see after the game saturday

Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2007   #8
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
see yea like why in the end will gado win the job? i am fine with that i just want reasons, thanks
I like Lundy's quickness...and he has decent vision...

I like the fact that he blocks...I like the fact that he was fairly dependable as a fifth round rookie...

If you can re-watch the pre season game go back to the play where Sage ran for the first down and ran out of bounds right by the sticks...

Lundy comes back and launches into a D-linemen chasing Sage and kept the QB from taking any contact...little things like that matter...

But that doesn't mean Gado isn't a good back as well...I just haven't seen it.....here in Houston....in a game...

I think Gado would make it over Lundy because he's big, strong, fast, has been successful on this level before and shhhhhhh............. he came from green bay.....
Old 08-16-2007   #9
JohnsonFan
All Pro

yea but he did well in GB

Old 08-16-2007   #10
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I like Lundy's quickness...and he has decent vision...

I like the fact that he blocks...I like the fact that he was fairly dependable as a fifth round rookie...

If you can re-watch the pre season game go back to the play where Sage ran for the first down and ran out of bounds right by the sticks...

Lundy comes back and launches into a D-linemen chasing Sage and kept the QB from taking any contact...little things like that matter...

But that doesn't mean Gado isn't a good back as well...I just haven't seen it.....here in Houston....in a game...

I think Gado would make it over Lundy because he's big, strong, fast, has been successful on this level before and shhhhhhh............. he came from green bay.....
I don't remember Lundy's blocking ability being all that great.And he's not all that quick, IMO. I just don't see him being a legit starter for us in the future. The only back I see with starter ability besides Ahman and Dayne, is Chris Taylor.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007   #11
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantTexan View Post
I don't remember Lundy's blocking ability being all that great.And he's not all that quick, IMO. I just don't see him being a legit starter for us in the future. The only back I see with starter ability besides Ahman and Dayne, is Chris Taylor.
i am surprised u think lundy or gado wont

Old 08-16-2007   #12
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i am surprised u think lundy or gado wont
I need to see more of him. Last pre-season he looked quicker and shiftier. I think it was because he was a rookie and pre-season meant more to him. I'll have to see him in the regular season before passing complete judgement on him. I hope he does well and can be the future for us at RB.
Old 08-16-2007   #13
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Quote:
I need to see more of him. Last pre-season he looked quicker and shiftier. I think it was because he was a rookie and pre-season meant more to him. I'll have to see him in the regular season before passing complete judgement on him. I hope he does well and can be the future for us at RB.
what about gado?

Old 08-16-2007   #14
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Quote:
what about gado?
I like Gado's mixture of speed, size, and power. he does alot of things good but nothing great,IMO.He does fit the system though.
Old 08-16-2007   #15
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Quote:
I like Gado's mixture of speed, size, and power. he does alot of things good but nothing great,IMO.He does fit the system though.
and he worked with our rb coach before

Old 08-16-2007   #16
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Quote:
and he worked with our rb coach before
And Kubiak is pretty high on him. I remember even before Taylor was hurt.Kubiak was talking highly of Gado even more so than Taylor. I hope I'm wrong, and Lundy or Gado will have break-out seasons.
Old 08-16-2007   #17
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Quote:
And Kubiak is pretty high on him. I remember even before Taylor was hurt.Kubiak was talking highly of Gado even more so than Taylor. I hope I'm wro, and Lundy or Gado will have break-out seasons.
well thats the thing where will either of them play and when?

Old 08-16-2007   #18
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Lundy, but frankly, I wish we could keep both and have Walker on the PS. I just don't know if Green and Dayne will stay healthy the whole season, and with Taylor lost for the year, I just hope they keep both. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007   #19
JohnsonFan
All Pro

i agree lundy and gado can help in different ways

Old 08-16-2007   #20
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

If Gado hits the hole like I'm pretty sure he can (with the same attitude, if not momentum, that his idol, Christian Okoye did), he'll be solid and maybe more until he can't play anymore.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read