Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-13-2007   #1
techrecruit1

Default Single most important player

If you had to pick one player for this season that is of most value who would it be? (No Schaub)

On another note I had a nightmare that we had 3 starters get season ending injuries on our first reg season game (knock on wood). If that happens i'll be in vegas gambling like a maniac for the remainder of the year.
Old 08-13-2007   #2
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Single most important player

DeMeco
Old 08-13-2007   #3
techrecruit1

DeMeco is def a key to keeping us alive
Old 08-13-2007   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Without DeMeco we are a completely different team imo.
Old 08-13-2007   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by techrecruit1 View Post
If you had to pick one player for this season that is of most value who would it be? (No Schaub)

On another note I had a nightmare that we had 3 starters get season ending injuries on our first reg season game (knock on wood). If that happens i'll be in vegas gambling like a maniac for the remainder of the year.
I am the one with the visions, not you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 292321 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson. He's the only one on our offense that other teams respect.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahman Green. If he can have a great season as a RB, I think our offense stands a chance to be something. Plus, if he can protect the QB by picking up defenders and teach this technique to the rest of our backs, it'll pay dividends down the road.
Old 08-13-2007   #8
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by techrecruit1 View Post

Matt Schaub!

Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Ahman Green. I gotta agree with everything DB said and add that I feel Green is the most talented RB we have ever had on our roster.
Old 08-13-2007   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I know I am going to be laughed at but here goes, Jacoby Jones. Yeah I said it. It's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Here is my convuluted thinking. Jones will win the #2 WR spot and offer Schaub a legitimate second target who will get yards after catch. This
1. allows QB to dump off when AJ is covered or a blitz is recognized. Tight end can fill this role but WR offers more yards.
2. takes heat off Andre and AJ's value sky rockets if that is even possible.
3. motivates Mathis to be like Mike (Jones) and Jerome becomes a better WR AND returner. A little competition if you will among like talents.
4. takes heat off the defensive middle allowing RBs to scurry vertically. Yes, I said scurry.
5. offers a focal point for team and fans to rally behind.

Jacoby to be da MAN!
Old 08-13-2007   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Ahman Green. I gotta agree with everything DB said and add that I feel Green is the most talented RB we have ever had on our roster.
I agree with the both of y'all. There was one if not two runs that appeared like he might run for a while. The one that stands out was around the right side behind a couple pulling linemen as well as Leach. Everything looked good until Green was run down from the backside. Here's a pic courtesy of BullPenPhotos.

Old 08-13-2007   #12
bayshorebevo
Veteran

If Mario came out and played like a house afire, it would pick the whole team up, not to mention the fans.
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #13
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I know I am going to be laughed at but here goes, Jacoby Jones. Yeah I said it. It's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Here is my convuluted thinking. Jones will win the #2 WR spot and offer Schaub a legitimate second target who will get yards after catch. This
1. allows QB to dump off when AJ is covered or a blitz is recognized. Tight end can fill this role but WR offers more yards.
2. takes heat off Andre and AJ's value sky rockets if that is even possible.
3. motivates Mathis to be like Mike (Jones) and Jerome becomes a better WR AND returner. A little competition if you will among like talents.
4. takes heat off the defensive middle allowing RBs to scurry vertically. Yes, I said scurry.
5. offers a focal point for team and fans to rally behind.

Jacoby to be da MAN!
Everything he said, but replace the words Jacoby Jones with Owen Daniels. Mathis and Green/Dayne (combined) would be next on my list of players who will have to have a good year
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #14
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5063 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #15
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 17 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

I like all of your answers. I'm going to say Ephraim Salaam. If he goes down, our "scary" offensive line gets a whole lot scarier.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Ephriam Salaam. He goes down, the ship goes down with him.
Old 08-14-2007   #17
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

You said for this year only right?

Mario Williams.

If he gets going then he can draw more double teams...which in turn gives the whole Dline a easier job to do...and if one of those other guys steps up (weaver or Johnson) then our Dline will be too much to handle. Which in turn makes things easier for Demeco and the secondary.

In fact if Mario started to dominate the whole defense gets better.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #18
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173004 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ - No one else has done a single thing as a Texan. DeMeco is a far second IMO. No doubt he should be great, but I need more then one season as evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #19
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 292321 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Ephriam Salaam. He goes down, the ship goes down with him.
I hear ya. He's my second choice. A real close second.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #20
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I gotta go with Demeco. He has affected/inspired other players on the defense. The one player I think he has had a huge impact on is Dunta. When D-Rob first came in and had that rookie year we were all excited and he was confident. Our ignorant FO cuts every veteran and leaves D-Rob in the spot light. He hasn't improved the way we all thought he would. I think he saw the way Demeco played last year and it inspired him to really work hard to get better and from everything I have heard, he has been playing like the D-Rob we thought he was. I attribute that directly to the leadership and performance of Demeco. Sometimes people need to be pushed and I think Demeco pushes people to become better.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read