Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007   #121
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Pep Band" = Embarrassment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Me either Vinny!! Unfortunately, the Texans have trolls also.

Speaking of bands though. Reading this guys insults about bands brought back memories of the old Oiler days when High School or College bands had seats right on the sideline, played before the game and at halftime. GREAT music, terrific kids who would NEVER have gotten to see a professional football game if not for that opportunity. Personally, I miss entertainment like that. Remember OCEAN OF SOUL?? Fans actually stayed in their seats at halftime to watch that band!! Good memories!!

I remember those Oiler days as well as the Ocean of Soul. The Ocean is stilll very entertaining although I am partial to Prairie View's Marching Storm. One of my best memories in the Dome was a night game with the Oilers against Buffalo. Thurman Thomas was the Bills running back and his former high school band, Willowridge, did the pregame and half time show. That evening, Barbara Tucker sang God Bless America in soprano that could break glasses, and a high spirited show that I wish I had a tape. Best of all, the Oilers won the game.

Back in those days, the Oilers always invited local bands to play at halftime. I have a picture on a plaque of the Willowridge Eagle band in the form of the State of Texas in the Astrodome. I believe it was their last performance before the Oilers left.

At any rate, the poster was unreasonably rude, and if he didn't care to tone down the offense to a mere differing of opinion, then the change is welcome.
Old 08-15-2007   #122
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

i personally think this thread should be closed .. just my opinion
Old 08-15-2007   #123
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Tahoe View Post
LOL. Sorry chief, I don't sugar coat things in hopes not to hurt anyones' feelings. Then again, I didn't call anyone out specifically. You just did. I'm not offended, that is life. Speech is free in this country and you're entitled not only your opinion, but the right to communicate that opinion. It is my opinion that this band is pitiful. To censor that is no better than- I won't get in to politics. But even if you did "ban my IP"... this is the internet. Grow up bud.

I'm a sorry excuse for a Texans fan because I want us to succeed on the field while obtaining a stigma of class off the field??? I think you're a sorry excuse for a fan because you're looking out for your band buddies instead of opening your eyes and wanting what's best for the organization.

Perhaps I'll put my Kinesiology/Sports Psychology degree to use with the Texans organization, and rid ourselves from your goofy bandmates. I have a buddy interning with them right now who has told me that I am not the only one who has contacted them with their displeasure for the "Pep Band"......
And you guys blamed it on Carr .
Old 08-15-2007   #124
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Tahoe is complaining about the band again on the other message board. He even takes a little potshot at this board. Oh well. Some people are never happy.

Thanks to Premier
Old 08-15-2007   #125
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I will be brief and to the point. The Pep Band is great and they work hard. If someone doesn't like them then don't go to our games. We are lucky to have the band.
Old 08-16-2007   #126
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

We've got people representing every lot in this forum. Before the Texans FO gets the idea that fans don't want the pep band because of one squeaky wheel, I say we start petitions of support for the band. It just needs to be something simple, and we can take the combined petitions from all lots and send them to the FO together.

Regular tailgaters represent a mighty aspect of the fanbase, because these are the hardcore fans who have stuck with the team through five years of futility. I think our voices need to be heard, as well. The band is worth the effort, IMO, and it's the least we can do after all the work that they've put into it all these years.
Old 08-16-2007   #127
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2837 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
We've got people representing every lot in this forum. Before the Texans FO gets the idea that fans don't want the pep band because of one squeaky wheel, I say we start petitions of support for the band. It just needs to be something simple, and we can take the combined petitions from all lots and send them to the FO together.

Regular tailgaters represent a mighty aspect of the fanbase, because these are the hardcore fans who have stuck with the team through five years of futility. I think our voices need to be heard, as well. The band is worth the effort, IMO, and it's the least we can do after all the work that they've put into it all these years.
I will sign it!!

BTW, the guy who shall remain nameless gave me a negative rep!!
Old 08-16-2007   #128
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

neg rep! omg

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
Old 08-16-2007   #129
Da_General
Obnoxious Musician

Rep Power: 17 Da_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
I will sign it!!

BTW, the guy who shall remain nameless gave me a negative rep!!
David Carr gave you a negative rep? MAN, that is BAD!

Time to let this thread die, imho.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read