Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2007   #81
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Pep Band" = Embarrassment

he also insulted the clear lake high band. Its a sad day when even I think that you are being a little too bitter.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 08-14-2007   #82
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

oh, and in case it needs saying, BPPB rocks. You guys do a great thing...keep providing us entertainment. We enjoy it...in spite of what one c-muppet thinks.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 08-14-2007   #83
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pep Band among other embarrassments...the real truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
When someone post under different names and is only here to bad mouth posters, it is clear that we have a cowboys troll in the midst.
dude probably is probably just a plain old fashioned troll posting to stir something up...I disabled large chunks of his account and can only lurk in the tailgate forum for now...frankly, he can only see this forum if he logs out. He can come back in if he can participate without insulting people directly and overtly. I'll enable his account again if he just chills out.....but personally, I think he came in with an agenda...and isn't really interested in "texans talk". It's up to him if he wants back in to this thread...we'll see.

He has a unique IP....don't seem like an old poster/fan. I've been running one Texan board or another for a long time....haven't seen him to my knowledge.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 08-14-2007   #84
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't mess with our Bull Pen Band!
We totally love it when the Band comes out to the Blue Lot and plays for the tailagters, talk about gettign you pumped up! On 610 just the other day, somebodyy called in about hearing a local high schools drum corps firing off, getting the blood pumping!
GO BAND!

Also, the "That's another Texans ...FIRST DOWN!" well, we went to Kansas City 3 years ago, and the entire Arrowhead Stadium with the exception of us 4 texans fans did it after every Chiefs first down...very impressive. I hope we get to that point someday soon in the Power House.
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Old 08-14-2007   #85
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee

Let me see if I can put this as simple as possible... Football is a game, games were formed to be competative as well as for fun. It doesn't matter what sport it is, and you can be raked the best team in the world, you can still have fun playing the game as well as watching it. Be honest with us, have you ever been to another professional football game (and no, I don't mean Dallas, I said a professional football game)? What you see on TV doesn't reveal the other team's wacky traditions, which most of them do have.

First, I pitty you, as this takes it to a different level of watching a game, it reflects the kind of lifestyle and personality you have. It seems you are the kind of person who has to take everything as serious as it can be. That's no way to live a life... I lost someone dear to me because they took everything to the extreme without relaxing and having fun. If it wasn't for having fun in life, I probably wouldn't live that long myself.

Here's something to think about... if it wasn't for people in the past having any fun in their lives, games would probably have never been invented, which includes football.

Secondly, you made your comment that you don't like the band, and you think they are a bunch of clowns. You noticed the response from the fans on this board in regards to your thoughts... i hope you realize a majority of the people here disagree with you, and the more you try to argue your point, the more negativity there is going to be against you.

My suggestion to you is to just move on, live your life how you see fit, just don't expect a warm fuzzy from the folks on this message board who don't see things as you do. Maybe someday you will experience fun in your life and realize you don't have to take everything so seriously.

God luck, and bye-bye!
Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D

Last edited by Texan_Lee; 08-14-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-14-2007   #86
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Tahoe View Post
Specific examples aren't necessary for what I'm saying. Look at the demeanor of them as a group. If you want specifics, why don't you poll the fans as they leave the stadium who aren't actually affiliated with them.

It's obvious I barked up the wrong tree on this message board. I was not expecting to find the entire collection of fools that make up or "beloved Pep Band" on a single website. I'm sure you guys are great people and fans, but your act is bush league. And I don't want a bush league team, I want a NFL team.
Let's just get it straight first of all. I am NOT a member, nor do I have relatives or know anybody in the band.

You're the one who started the thread complaining about them yet when asked 5, 6, a dozen times, what it is they've done that's so shameful to the organization, you don't answer. Just some BS about them being clowns, why don't we ask fans. YOU STARTED THE THREAD!! Why should WE have to ask anybody? Besides, judging by the respones in this thread, it looks like the fans have responded as far as I can see, so *poof* goes that little theory.

As I said before, you don't like the band, you've made it known, now deal with it 'cause they ain't going anywhere any time soon.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Old 08-14-2007   #87
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what? Actual clowns would be kinda' cool at the football game, come to think of it.

Especially if they were evil clowns....

Old 08-14-2007   #88
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 22660 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You know what? Actual clowns would be kinda' cool at the football game, come to think of it.

they are sitting on your side of the field
Old 08-14-2007   #89
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:

dude. that's terrifying.
Old 08-14-2007   #90
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Evil Clowns running around on the field with the flags after every score, now that would be tight !!
Old 08-14-2007   #91
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No clowns DB.... They are on my "creepy" list!!!
Old 08-14-2007   #92
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Evil Clowns running around on the field with the flags after every score, now that would be tight !!
That's what I'm talkin' about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
No clowns DB.... They are on my "creepy" list!!!
Not you, Cosmo Kramer!!!!
Old 08-14-2007   #93
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's what I'm talkin' about!

Not you, Cosmo Kramer!!!!
Now that is funny.
Old 08-14-2007   #94
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
TexanLee, since Vinny cast him adrift, Tahoe can't answer either of us. Oh well.

Yea, I posted before reading...

Hey Vinny, Thanks from most, if not all of us!
Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D
Old 08-14-2007   #95
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

This might be a tad off topic, but I'd like to request the Pep Band play the Houston Texans fight song that never quite made it. I hated it played over the loud speakers, but I think it would be great from the band.

Houston Texans - Red White & Blue
Houston Texans - We Cheer for You
Houston Texans - Living the Dream
We Are Texas' Team

T-E-X-A-N-S
Texans - Texans - Texans

Come on, for ol' times sake!
Old 08-14-2007   #96
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: "Pep Band" = Embarrassment

(CLASSIC flick)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 08-14-2007   #97
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Best movie ever...

Killer Clowns from Outer Space

Worst thread ever...

Pep Band = Embarassment

I will just let everyone know that I have a 4x4 Tahoe and we enjoy the Pep Band.
Old 08-14-2007   #98
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
(CLASSIC flick)
You beat me to it!

Gotta love the cotton candy cocoons... Check your local channel 20 listings.
Old 08-14-2007   #99
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

i think the bands interesting, they are for sure not embarrassing those guys get to go to games for free for playing music every few downs, thats cool!
Old 08-14-2007   #100
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 42676 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I have always enjoyed hearing and watching the pep band. I actually hated when they moved from the Bull Pen area to the sidelines. They have provided entertainment in the parking lots as well as the food court area after the game and they are a fun group.

Even though there isn't a lot of time at half-time, I would like to see some of the local high schools and colleges perform. It would give some who otherwise wouldn't have an opportunity to see the team live and up close while providing additional entertainment for the fans. I haven't found kicking 50-yard field goals to win a house to be very entertaining.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read