Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007   #61
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Pep Band" = Embarrassment

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Pictured below is the 1947 Baltimore Colts Marching Band. I think the band plays on despite the fact that the Colts are in Indianapolis and the Ravens are in Baltimore.
Wait a minute, Greg. This guy KNOWS football. There is nothing in history that can change that.
Old 08-13-2007   #62
4x4Tahoe

I don't think anything I've said has been curmudgeonly. This is where we come to discuss the aesthetics of the game rather than the physical playing of the game, correct? I'm not looking for a fight, I'm just promoting my idea which would easily improve our appearance as a first class organization. Do ya'll really get butt-hurt that easily?

DaGeneral, I don't think the "Pep Band" goofballs are anxiously awaiting my response, I suspect they've already posted in here. It appears that some of these bumpkins are a little nervous.

I've heard far more laughs/sneers/jokes/taunts directed at them in the stands and around Reliant than the praises they're receiving here. And I'm CERTAIN that's not a coincidence. It's obvious.

Specific examples aren't necessary for what I'm saying. Look at the demeanor of them as a group. If you want specifics, why don't you poll the fans as they leave the stadium who aren't actually affiliated with them. You might be surprised. My problem with them is that they are bush league. This is the NFL. We want to build a franchise that is viewed with respect. Having clowns on the front row is embarrassing.

And like I already said, I'm all for making game days fun for all ages. It's important to keep the experience "PG" rated for families. My wife and I have a 1 year old who we look forward to taking in a couple years. But I think we could come up with something else rather than these clowns.

It's obvious I barked up the wrong tree on this message board. I was not expecting to find the entire collection of fools that make up or "beloved Pep Band" on a single website. I'm sure you guys are great people and fans, but your act is bush league. And I don't want a bush league team, I want a NFL team.

Old 08-13-2007   #63
4x4Tahoe

One more thing... Since ya'll are so wonderful and "pump" up the crowd and players so much, I suggest we get ya'll behind the Texans bench, and away from the visiting team's bench (and specifically away from me and Sec 123!!!) You wouldn't want to pump up the opposing team would you?

Old 08-13-2007   #64
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Tahoe View Post
I don't think anything I've said has been curmudgeonly. This is where we come to discuss the aesthetics of the game rather than the physical playing of the game, correct? I'm not looking for a fight, I'm just promoting my idea which would easily improve our appearance as a first class organization. Do ya'll really get butt-hurt that easily?

DaGeneral, I don't think the "Pep Band" goofballs are anxiously awaiting my response, I suspect they've already posted in here. It appears that some of these bumpkins are a little nervous.

I've heard far more laughs/sneers/jokes/taunts directed at them in the stands and around Reliant than the praises they're receiving here. And I'm CERTAIN that's not a coincidence. It's obvious.

Specific examples aren't necessary for what I'm saying. Look at the demeanor of them as a group. If you want specifics, why don't you poll the fans as they leave the stadium who aren't actually affiliated with them. You might be surprised. My problem with them is that they are bush league. This is the NFL. We want to build a franchise that is viewed with respect. Having clowns on the front row is embarrassing.

And like I already said, I'm all for making game days fun for all ages. It's important to keep the experience "PG" rated for families. My wife and I have a 1 year old who we look forward to taking in a couple years. But I think we could come up with something else rather than these clowns.

It's obvious I barked up the wrong tree on this message board. I was not expecting to find the entire collection of fools that make up or "beloved Pep Band" on a single website. I'm sure you guys are great people and fans, but your act is bush league. And I don't want a bush league team, I want a NFL team.

Actually you are posting in the tailgating section, which has nothing to do with the game and the players what so ever.

I.E. There is a thread about cooking and receipes.

You do not like them fine we get that. But you talk about being a class organization, and yet you call them names like a 4 year old. Is that showing the class in which you speak of. When you say bush league, I think of the Bengals not the Texans who do everything they can to have stand up players and fun things for all age groups. Not some place where you would not want to take your kids like the dawg pound or raiders game.

I am extremely offended in how you have insulted people you have never met or even talked to. To be 100% honest you sorry excuse for a Texans fan you are lucky I am not a mod because of your insults I would ban your isp. This place is about respect and being cutious, which you have shown none of. Personnaly I hope you don't want to be around because I damn sure do not want you around, because you are exactly what I do not want in a fan base. Lack of respect for anyone who does not share your view point.

If I have offended anyone with my harsh comments, but damn it I am so sick and tired of people not being to say they dislike something without being an ass about it.

Old 08-13-2007   #65
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 36624 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
One more thing... Since ya'll are so wonderful and "pump" up the crowd and players so much, I suggest we get ya'll behind the Texans bench, and away from the visiting team's bench (and specifically away from me and Sec 123!!!) You wouldn't want to pump up the opposing team would you?
While since you know SO MUCH about football I am sure that you would understand that on the home team side is where all of the main camera setups are to include the camera carts and unless the stadium is not a football stadium (which Reliant is) it doesn't have that much space on that side.

But since you are A HUGE FOOTBALL fan...Why don't you move your seats over to the Texan's side? That way you can give Gary Kubiak some help with play calling...

Oh...And just to let you know...I am not in the band...I just take pics of the games...
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
Old 08-13-2007   #66
4x4Tahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post

To be 100% honest you sorry excuse for a Texans fan you are lucky I am not a mod because of your insults I would ban your isp. This place is about respect and being cutious, which you have shown none of. Personnaly I hope you don't want to be around because I damn sure do not want you around, because you are exactly what I do not want in a fan base. Lack of respect for anyone who does not share your view point.

If I have offended anyone with my harsh comments, but damn it I am so sick and tired of people not being to say they dislike something without being an ass about it.

LOL. Sorry chief, I don't sugar coat things in hopes not to hurt anyones' feelings. Then again, I didn't call anyone out specifically. You just did. I'm not offended, that is life. Speech is free in this country and you're entitled not only your opinion, but the right to communicate that opinion. It is my opinion that this band is pitiful. To censor that is no better than- I won't get in to politics. But even if you did "ban my IP"... this is the internet. Grow up bud.

I'm a sorry excuse for a Texans fan because I want us to succeed on the field while obtaining a stigma of class off the field??? I think you're a sorry excuse for a fan because you're looking out for your band buddies instead of opening your eyes and wanting what's best for the organization.

Perhaps I'll put my Kinesiology/Sports Psychology degree to use with the Texans organization, and rid ourselves from your goofy bandmates. I have a buddy interning with them right now who has told me that I am not the only one who has contacted them with their displeasure for the "Pep Band"......

Old 08-13-2007   #67
because I can
That's why!

I'm tired of this banter, but I love seeing all the positive responses. Thanks guys.

Last edited by because I can; 08-14-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 08-13-2007   #68
4x4Tahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by because I can View Post
Ya know, I didn't really have a huge problem with you until you started seriously bad mouthing us. I don't appreciate being called a "goofball" and a bumpkin. I take your post extremely seriously now that you have laid out your views of our inadequacies as a band and as people in general. You don't even know us yet you criticize our personalities and our playing abilities. You have thrown down the gauntlet!
Well, act like a man instead of a clown. Tell your buddies to do the same. Problem solved.

Old 08-13-2007   #69
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

When you have a young man with a hurt pee-pee it may because someone stole his favorite pair of roller skates and unitard. The estrogen and testosterone battle boiling inside his system is enough to make anyone go a little crazy. Some people get set off by overpaid players, but this is the first time I have seen anyone take a crack at the band. May the ghost of Jake and Elwood Blues dance on your virtual grave to the Bull Pen Pep Band's cover of 99 Luft Balloons and Blame it on the Rain.

Spelling y'all in the Oklahoman dialect, ya'll, on this board, will curry no favor with those that bleed Battle Red either.

Last edited by Kaiser Toro; 08-13-2007 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-14-2007   #70
El Toro Rojo
noob

Default Pep Band among other embarrassments...the real truth

I’ve read Texans Talk for a long time and have never posted or even registered but I couldn’t let this thread go. Give it up to the guy who thinks the “pep band” is a joke! He speaks for a large segment of the season ticket holders. Casserly = Capers = Carr = “pep band” = “first down Texans!”. We got rid of the embarrassment in the front office, the boneheads on the sidelines, the quarterback who would rather be skateboarding in California – and now we have GOT to get rid of the bush league game time foolishness that entire braintrust saddled us with. Having a silly second rate goober band is embarrassing. I’m sure they are good folks – nothing personal here, but let’s get real – Dallas, New England, Chicago, Pittsburg and real NFL franchises don’t submit their real football fans to foolish musical hacks providing “pep”. The few minutes the “peppers” gave us at halftime Saturday dragged on longer than the 45 minutes of misery the Clear Lake high band gives us every Friday night in November! And the comments about chanting “first down Texans” were right on the mark too. It’s weak. Why would any sophisticated NFL fan scream this line? Let’s scream for touchdowns, wins, great plays and NFL championships. But “first downs”? Come on folks. What we really need is a bozo who runs out and picks up the kicking tee during kickoffs and roles around the field to the sideline? Oh wait, we did that already last time… Hey, lets yell the last names of the players as they are introduced – oh wait, we already do that (total bush league). Bud Adams has got to be laughing his toupee off!

I read every reply to this guy’s original comments and if anyone wants to know the screenames of the entire peppy band just take a look – what a bunch of band geeks!

Thank goodness I sit on the home side away from the pep band and I’ll be the guy screaming for touchdowns – not first downs.
Old 08-14-2007   #71
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

4X4, you need some school'in......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGo9Xe5dPos
Old 08-14-2007   #72
Tedc
Hardheaded

Default Re: Pep Band among other embarrassments...the real truth

When someone post under different names and is only here to bad mouth posters, it is clear that we have a cowboys troll in the midst.
Old 08-14-2007   #73
Tedc
Hardheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Toro Rojo View Post
I’m sure they are good folks – nothing personal here, but let’s get real – Dallas, New England, Chicago, Pittsburg and real NFL franchises don’t submit their real football fans to foolish musical hacks providing “pep”.

Oh, really?

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/TheCard/fight.html
Old 08-14-2007   #74
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be part of this board when posters feel they must hack out a new thread when there is one on the same subject already in existence at the top of the page. It's pretty bush league. I wonder what visitors from other message boards think of such actions.
Old 08-14-2007   #75
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: "Pep Band" = Embarrassment

Maybe this IS the same person that wanted the cheerleaders banned? Because that person on the main board starting creating new screen names to support him or herself, much like this user just did. I still don't understand why you all are replying to him/her - just a troll looking for attention.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 08-14-2007   #76
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
You know, it is really difficult to be a curmudgeon at age 22. Congratulations.
Great TC... At 22 y/o, I didn't even know what curmudgeon meant....

Anyway.... To our 4x4Tahoe buddy. Most everyone here is very knowledgeable about football and many of us have been PSL and season ticket holders since you were in high school... So, in conclusion, you are right. This board isn't for you...

Thanks for playing though....
Old 08-14-2007   #77
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Perhaps I'll put my Kinesiology/Sports Psychology degree to use with the Texans organization

All it takes is a P.E. degree to KNOW football these days???
Old 08-14-2007   #78
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: "Pep Band" = Embarrassment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Great TC... At 22 y/o, I didn't even know what curmudgeon meant....

Anyway.... To our 4x4Tahoe buddy. Most everyone here is very knowledgeable about football and many of us have been PSL and season ticket holders since you were in high school... So, in conclusion, you are right. This board isn't for you...

Thanks for playing though....
At 28 I still don't!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 08-14-2007   #79
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Of course Yankee would.. We just have to convince him that there is no "I" in Houston Texans...
There most certainly is when translated in 80's metal:

Huzton Texxinz
Old 08-14-2007   #80
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
You know, it is really difficult to be a curmudgeon at age 22. Congratulations.

I'm not sure how classy it is to publicly denigrate a bunch of hard working people because they aren't serious enough for you, the serious football fan.

It is quite possible to love and know football, but also understand that it is also entertainment and is supposed to be fun. Football talk is found in the main forum, not the tailgate forum.
This made me think of an idea for Miller Lite commercial:

This is for you, Mr. Serious Football Fan.

When other so-called 'fans' are tailgating, laughing, eating, and generally having a good time before the game, you continue to watch game film of the next three weeks' of opponents in order that you may still know more than the head coach.

Mr. Serious Football Fan.....don't let your head explode

While other so-called 'fans' paint their faces, wear silly outfits festooned with team colors, and adorn themselves with outlandish hats, you can't be bothered with such tomfoolery. Your clipboard and scowl will reveal the seriousness of your football knowledge.

Mr. Serious Football Fan....you should be working for the front office.

Other so-called 'fans' enjoy the stadium atmosphere, the television timeouts being opportunities to grab a bite to eat, use the bathroom, watch cheerleaders, and yes, even tap a foot to the local 'pep band', you have already taken the liberty to bring a drip I.V. and a catheter so you don't have to leave your seat...just in case the offensive coordinator is lost and looks towards your seat with hopes of enlightening football knowledge falling from the heavens like mana.

Mr. Serious Football Fan....you are the next NFL commissioner!

Please, your finite time on this planet is wasted in such a pointless exercise of discussing stadium entertainment. This fanbase needs you in the main section, to impart your serious football knowledge upon the plebes and to elevate our collective understanding of the game.

Only then will we have the perspective to comprehend the nature of your complaints. After all, we're just a bunch of dumb bumpkins that are only looking for opportunities to get wasted at a public event.

I wish we were all Mr. Serious Football Fans, because that's what wins the Super Bowl.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read