Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007   #41
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Pep Band" = Embarrassment

Quote:
Originally Posted by because I can View Post
I am completely shocked and disgusted by your comments about the Pep Band. As a young woman in the band I am usually the first one to be annoyed with so called “goofy” behavior, but as it is, I have NEVER been embarrassed by any behavior our young men exhibit. I have been more embarrassed by some of the fans who sit behind us in their drunken stupors and yell inappropriate comments to players on the field. I have never been “shocked” as you say with anything our members have done or said. Most of us are public educators who wouldn’t risk acting inappropriately while young children and parents watch our every move.
We are here to entertain the fans when sometimes there is no hope to be had. I am a proud member of this organization, and I am sorry to tell you that we are not going anywhere.
Thanks for your comments. BPPB rocks!
Old 08-13-2007   #42
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya know when, I first heard about the band and they were walking around I was like 'this is kinda chessy' Then after listening and watching the reaction of kids and those around me, my opinion changed. I am not saying this to be apart of anything, but I noticed how kids really liked them and got all excited. Of course I am not down in the pen so I do not see everything down there but at the tailgate when they came around people got all pumped up.

Everything at every game will not be for everyone, that is the way it is. But the way I look at things if others get all excited about it and enjoy it, why trash it, if it is not hurting anyone. Tolerance is something that is being lost now a days, which is a true shame. Life is to short to get all worked up and hating on things that give enjoyment, especially to the kids.
Old 08-13-2007   #43
Zippy
8 AM in the Lot

The BPPB is a great group of TRUE FANS!

I'd love to see them back up in the Bull Pen, though. That would solve the OP's "problem" and the Bull Pen would get them back.
Old 08-13-2007   #44
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Rookie,

Lighten up

the pep band stays,
the first down stays,
You Go
Old 08-13-2007   #45
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Coming from out of town for my first game in 2002 and I approached my "Blue Crew" friends the first thing I heard was the BPPB playing for the group. I have to tell you I got goose bumps and was in shock the enthusiasm that they created for the fans and myself and the smiles on everyone's faces with some simple tunes and CREATIVE PERSONAL interaction. It is something I have never forget and it brings a smile every week when I view the photos from http://www.TexansBullpen.com and see the fun everyone young or old is having. Last year I brought two of my children and one of the first things I told them about tailgating at Reliant was the BPPB that will stop by and the fun they will have with them!!! One of my daughters main photo's on her face book account that gets commented on is of her and her mother dancing with the band when they made a special stop to play Happy Birthday for her and the others celebrating their birthdays and what fun it must have been!!! What great memories for my daughter, Lamar and his group created...and I thank the BPPB for that!! Fun hater is what I would call "4x4" but then again that is being nice!!!

Here are a few shots from years past and you ask yourself.....

Old 08-13-2007   #46
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

The band gets me pumped up when I hear them before the game.

If any band people are reading this ridiculous thread, don't let this troll kill your buzz.... you guys are great.
Old 08-13-2007   #47
4x4Tahoe

Ya'll have got to be kidding. Either all of you are in the band, or you just don't want to hurt their feelings.

They are a joke.

Sorry, I suppose this message board isn't for me- I like football and actually KNOW football and want to build a classy tradition here in Houston. Not a tradition that includes clowns trying to play instruments and acting foolish. If ya'll like goofiness, perhaps you would feel more at home at halftime during Rice home games.... At least they have talent.

Sponsored links
Old 08-13-2007   #48
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Tahoe View Post
Ya'll have got to be kidding. Either all of you are in the band, or you just don't want to hurt their feelings.

They are a joke.

Sorry, I suppose this message board isn't for me- I like football and actually KNOW football and want to build a classy tradition here in Houston. Not a tradition that includes clowns trying to play instruments and acting foolish. If ya'll like goofiness, perhaps you would feel more at home at halftime during Rice home games.... At least they have talent.

Most everyone here KNOWS football. And you're the one looking like a clown.
Old 08-13-2007   #49
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They are a joke.

Ok because we disagree with you, we are not classy, hmm? And all this time I thought everyone was entitled to make the case for what they like or don't like. I guess if you like the band you can't know sports, that makes great sense.

In Bizarros world it does.

Old 08-13-2007   #50
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Being GOOFY and KNOWING football is a GREAT combination!!! Try it you might like it!!!
Old 08-13-2007   #51
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They are a joke.

You know, it is really difficult to be a curmudgeon at age 22. Congratulations.

I'm not sure how classy it is to publicly denigrate a bunch of hard working people because they aren't serious enough for you, the serious football fan.

It is quite possible to love and know football, but also understand that it is also entertainment and is supposed to be fun. Football talk is found in the main forum, not the tailgate forum.

I've asked you repeatedly to state with specificity what the BPPB was doing that was goofy or foolish. You chose to repeat yourself without saying. Maybe tubas make you feel insecure or something? I still don't see your point and you have responded to none of ours. Too bad we can't have a dialogue about this.
Old 08-13-2007   #52
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapHer View Post
Being GOOFY and KNOWING football is a GREAT combination!!! Try it you might like it!!!
I ressemble this remark sorta .................. I kinda know football or at least try to.

Old 08-13-2007   #53
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 14828 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I've asked you repeatedly to state with specificity what the BPPB was doing that was goofy or foolish. You chose to repeat yourself without saying. Maybe tubas make you feel insecure or something? I still don't see your point and you have responded to none of ours. Too bad we can't have a dialogue about this.
I am also wondering about this...Do we need to get ahold of Lamar and find out who tried out for the BPPB and didn't make it?
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
Old 08-13-2007   #54
Da_General
Obnoxious Musician

Rep Power: 17 Da_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Exactly. I too am waiting for specific examples of exactly what it is that the Pep Band does that has you so riled up. In fact, the entire Pep Band is now reading this thread anxiously awaiting your response. I won't say anything else about it until we get some specifics. And believe me, I have a LOT to say on this topic.
Old 08-13-2007   #55
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

If you think that a freaking pep band is bringing down the entire organization and it's an embarrassment for you to go to games, DON'T GO and sell your freaking PSL's. Geez!!!

OK, you don't like the band. Judging from the replies in this thread, nobody gives a pink rat's hiney.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Old 08-13-2007   #56
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sorry, I suppose this message board isn't for me-
See ya!!

I hope you enjoy your seats!!
Old 08-13-2007   #57
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Comparing them to the Nerds, errrr the MOB, Marching Owl Band is the worst insult they will ever get.

We are among the "Them"
Old 08-13-2007   #58
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The "Pep Band" is a true embarrassment to the entire organization and is not helping in our quest to become the first class NFL franchise we all want to become.
Tahoe, the next time you're offended by the Pep Bands antics, I'd go down there personally and introduce yourself as who you are, and perhaps you might be able to express yourself more clearly to them. I would bet money--and I'm not a gambling man by no means--but I'd bet that you will get a response from them that isn't near has "goofy".

Just a thought.
Old 08-13-2007   #59
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Glad this thread came about so we can give the BPPB all of their props!!!

Also, I just noticed for the first time my youngest son in the background of this picture in the #3 jersey saying "is that really my sister and mom out there having soo much fun?"

Old 08-13-2007   #60
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Pictured below is the 1947 Baltimore Colts Marching Band. I think the band plays on despite the fact that the Colts are in Indianapolis and the Ravens are in Baltimore.

We are among the "Them"
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read