Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

"Pep Band" = Embarrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

4x4Tahoe

I know I am not the only one who shares this view, because I hear the ridicules from others

around me in Section 123 as well.

The "Pep Band" is a true embarrassment to the entire organization and is not helping in our

quest to become the first class NFL franchise we all want to become. The goofy behavior

exhibited by those members are constantly being laughed at by both the opposing fans that

are obviously making their first trip to Reliant and the hardcore season ticket holders

that have supported this organization from year one. With this new objective for a tougher

image, this "Pep Band" NEEDS to be removed.

As a PSL holder from day one, I have emailed the Texans organization a couple times without

much luck. I am replied with generic messages or that "they are family-fun". I'm all for

making the environment fun for children and families, but if you've ever watched their

behavior, you'd be shocked. Every Houston area high school would be embarrassed to have

them on the sidelines on a Friday night.

I urge ya'll to submit your thoughts on this subject and hopefully we can get something

done. If the Texans are that adamant about how important the "band's" role is, why don't

we move them to the home side and away from me and the other disgusted fans who get bi-

weekly headaches each fall from them around Sec 123?

While I'm on the subject about goofy traditions, how do ya'll feel about the "First Down

Texans" chant after every first down? While I'm pumped about first downs, the need to yell

it is woeful. Let's start getting excited about "TOUCHDOWN TEXANS" like every other

football program in the country!!

While these two things are minor, I feel they could help improve our image dramatically.

Like I already said, I've been in the same seats
from the beginning and have heard the same things from others around me.

I sit in 123, right behind the pep band, and I love them. They are a great group of people who are avid fans and spend a lot of time just trying to help the team in the way they can. Kids in particular love them.

You get headaches from...the band? And you are suggesting that the Texans need a tougher image? I'm not sure how tough and hardcore you can be if you get headachy and panty wadded up by a band of all things.

The thing that will help the Texans image is winning, not whining about the gameday atmosphere.

What aspects of their behavior are "goofy" and "shocking?" We are adults here, you can share.

JMO. I heart the pep band. :texflag:

I know I am not the only one who shares this view, because I hear the ridicules from others

around me in Section 123 as well.

The "Pep Band" is a true embarrassment to the entire organization and is not helping in our

quest to become the first class NFL franchise we all want to become. The goofy behavior

exhibited by those members are constantly being laughed at by both the opposing fans that

are obviously making their first trip to Reliant and the hardcore season ticket holders

that have supported this organization from year one. With this new objective for a tougher

image, this "Pep Band" NEEDS to be removed.

As a PSL holder from day one, I have emailed the Texans organization a couple times without

much luck. I am replied with generic messages or that "they are family-fun". I'm all for

making the environment fun for children and families, but if you've ever watched their

behavior, you'd be shocked. Every Houston area high school would be embarrassed to have

them on the sidelines on a Friday night.

I urge ya'll to submit your thoughts on this subject and hopefully we can get something

done. If the Texans are that adamant about how important the "band's" role is, why don't

we move them to the home side and away from me and the other disgusted fans who get bi-

weekly headaches each fall from them around Sec 123?

While I'm on the subject about goofy traditions, how do ya'll feel about the "First Down

Texans" chant after every first down? While I'm pumped about first downs, the need to yell

it is woeful. Let's start getting excited about "TOUCHDOWN TEXANS" like every other

football program in the country!!

While these two things are minor, I feel they could help improve our image dramatically.

Like I already said, I've been in the same seats
from the beginning and have heard the same things from others around me.
lots of the pep band lurk here and/or post here...most of them are big fans....and all of them are grown up adults, but I'm not sure all the posters who post here are sometimes.....not that there is anything wrong with that. :specnatz:

Just what kind of behavior are you talking about? A majority of us on this BB know several of the band members, and this is the first I have ever heard of anyone complaining about them, or any traditions that we perform at the games.

I, for one, love having a team here, and I will scream and cheer as much as I can for that team, win or lose.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but you are the first person that most of us on this board has ever heard make a complaint about the band or any traditions we perform during the games.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm a big Texans fan. I love football and even played collegiately. And like I said, it is minor in the grand scheme of things, but is an issue that could easily be solved by cutting it.

Texans Chick, my panties are not in a wad. Isn't this where we're supposed to discuss this sort of stuff? You're also in 123 and haven't heard the ridicule that they receive???? I'm not one to call someone out as a liar, so are you sure you're not the one in the band- or perhaps deaf?? j/k

Vinny, I couldn't care less if these goofballs read this. Heck, I hope they do.

Texan Lee, what did I say to suggest I didn't love having a team here?? I cheer as loud as anyone else. If you're referring to the "That's Another Texan's First Down" crap, I have never been to a football game that encourages fans to go wild about something that should be so routine. Like I suggested, let's cheer for the IMPORTANT things like TOUCHDOWNS. This is VERY minor though. I shouldn't have even brought it up since my main peeve is the Pep Band.

Here's my problem with this "Pep Band". We are striving (and struggling) to build a winning franchise that is looked at as a first-class organization. To achieve this first-class franchise, we need to BE first-class both on and off the field. Having a bunch of goofy middle aged men acting like buffoons is counterproductive towards that goal. They act like clowns because, well, that's exactly what they are... CLOWNS. Is that they type of tradition we want to be associated with as we build this franchise... a clown tradition? Do you think the Colts have a congregation of clowns on the first row at the RCA Dome? I don't, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. We're talking about the "Big Time". "The League". "The NFL". Not some second rate deal. Do we want to synonymous with second-rate? I sure don't. The price I paid for my PSLs/Season Tickets sure isn't "second-rate". Just last night there were a couple of Bears fans right in front of me. I overheard them talking/laughing about our "band" earlier. Later, after the announcement that they were going to play at half time, one of them turns around and asks me something like "Which 2A high school did you guys find them at?"

I'm sure they're great fans and even better people. But tubas, trombones, immaturity, and the rest of the foolishness that accompanies them has absolutely no place in an NFL environment.

My intention is not to start an argument. We're all obviously fans- and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I am just embarrassed by this foolishness and want us to win and have the most enjoyable experience we can have at the games.... while leaving the Tylenol and Advil at home.

Here's my problem with this "Pep Band". We are striving (and struggling) to build a winning franchise that is looked at as a first-class organization. To achieve this first-class franchise, we need to BE first-class both on and off the field. Having a bunch of goofy middle aged men acting like buffoons is counterproductive towards that goal. They act like clowns because, well, that's exactly what they are... CLOWNS. Is that they type of tradition we want to be associated with as we build this franchise... a clown tradition? Do you think the Colts have a congregation of clowns on the first row at the RCA Dome? I don't, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. We're talking about the "Big Time". "The League". "The NFL". Not some second rate deal. Do we want to synonymous with second-rate? I sure don't. The price I paid for my PSLs/Season Tickets sure isn't "second-rate". Just last night there were a couple of Bears fans right in front of me. I overheard them talking/laughing about our "band" earlier. Later, after the announcement that they were going to play at half time, one of them turns around and asks me something like "Which 2A high school did you guys find them at?".

So is it the fact that they play instruments and music at the games that makes you think they are buffoons or is it some other behavior that you didn't mention? If it's just because they are a band, then I think you make a very weak argument. Having a pep band, IMO, does not make us a 2nd rate organization. The Washington Redskins have a full-fledged marching band. Does the fact that they a band 3 or 4 times the size of the Texans pep band make them a 2nd rate organization? Does the fact that the Seattle Seahawks raise a flag with the #12 signifying that the fans are the 12th man make them a 2nd class organization because that tradition is more in line with college standards than with NFL ones? I think if you took a poll of Texans fans, most would have a favorable view of the pep band.

that's cool....just discuss this stuff as if real adults are reading it. Respect isn't commanded or demanded...it's given back. Lots of the core fans lurk here.

Wow, interesting! I am quite curious to read some specific examples of this "clownish" :joker:
behavior. Most of what I see down there are fans cheering for their favorite team, maybe taking a breather after working their butts off all morning out in the lots, and generally just having a good time.

Your specific examples would be greatly appreciated. I can personally guarantee that every person in the Pep Band will know exactly what you say about them. Go ahead, LET IT ALL OUT. Don't hold back!

I've never noticed inappropriate behavior from any band member, and I certainly don't view them as an embarrassment to the organization. I view them as an asset! I look at it this way. The NFL has become MUCH to serious over the years. They continuously come up with lame rules that takes the FUN out of the game of football, for fans, as well as players. To see the Pep Band down there having fun, enjoying their music, and sharing it all with the fans, is part of what makes the gameday experience exciting and fun. I would be more disappointed if they were just sitting there like a bump on a log, rather than jumping around having a good time supporting their team. I am certain if one of them is being obnoxious, rude, or handling themselves unprofessionally in any way, Lamar will take care of the problem. I am more concerned with the drunk, obnoxious, rude, and ignorant fans giving us a bad rep than I am with the young men in the Pep Band! To be perfectly honest with you, I can't imagine NOT seeing the Pep Band on gameday!! They are a TEXAN tradition now, and I hope they will be around forever.

As for the "1st down" celebration, why are you offended by that? It's just another way of keeping the fans involved in the game, and lets the players know we are celebrating that drive with them. I love it!!

Also, you mentioned the Colts. I went to the game in Indy last year and they have a chant that just about drove me NUTS! Ole, ole, olaaaaaay, OHHHHHLAY, or something like that. Sounded like they were in a bull fighting arena rather than a football stadium. Just aweful!!!!! If I was a Colts fan, I would hate it, it is so irritating, obnoxious, and has NOTHING to do with football.

I have been a football fan for way over 50 years, and I have learned to relax and accept the things that I don't like. You cannot please 70,000+ people all the time.

I don't understand what you are talking about with thier behavior.

We in the Bull Pen loved having them in our seats and we were saddened when they removed them to the field. I would pay more for my tickets if they were could come back. They add excitement and fun to the game. Kids love them. Many of the people in the band are junior high and high school music teachers.

We host a lot of out of town fans in our tailgate and all I have ever heard was how they wish thier tightwad owners would do something like that for thier fans.:gotexans1

What is it that they do, specifically, to offend you??

Inappropriate behavior?

I have never seen a band member grab their junk or make a slashing sign across their neck after a song. Have they slammed their instruments down and started doing their T.O. celebration dance? Of course I sit in up in "Gridiron, TX" so I'm not down their with you guys.

I don't have a problem with the band. I see them play their songs and dance around a bit. I don't think they are walking around embarrassing themselves. They are doing what they love and that is play an instrument in a band at a NFL game. That's a pretty big deal.

I don't find them to be an embarrasment other than the fact they play out of tune, but I'm sure other teams bands comprised of fans are generally no better.

As a PSL owner since day one and who sat in 121 the first two years and in 124 since then I have not noticed any negative comments from my fellow Texan fans about the pep band other than "get the heck out of the way of the cheerleaders."

I think you have taken a very important first step in venting and attempting to put together a coalition to petition. The second step may be to look at moving your seats. While the third step would be to grow a friggin pair and not feel ridiculed by the opposing fan's insults to our pep band.

First, why do you allow visiting fans to voice an opinion?? My guess, people in your section are sitting on their hands to begin with.

Second, you throw out blanket generalizations without specific incidents. Act like Clowns? What incident(s) have you so embarrassed?

Third, it took me a while to warm up to the "first down" but since I have I dont mind doing it at all... I want more touchdowns too, but it would be impossible to get 70,000 people to yell touchdown all at once, when they are celebrating and the cannon goes off..

Generally when using words like "program" you would be referring to a college or high school program, not a professional organization. So maybe its a perspective thing.

I am suprised that there was no complaining about shouting the player's last name during player introductions..

I am still waiting on specific problems with behaviour. It seems to me that the original poster thinks that maybe the pep band is out of place or something. I feel he is using this BS argument about behaviour as an excuse. He is entitled to his opinion, but I love the band. It is something different, well, it was different as I have seen other teams using the same concept.

I don't think that in anyway that the pep band makes us look second rate. It is a tradition now. A good one. I love to see them walking through the tailgate, giving impromtu performances and performing during the game. Just like the Clay Walker song, I see all these people who are so frustrated with losing take it out on all the traditions we have. I have heard people say we should change the uniforms, change the mascot, change the logo, change song and now gid rid of the band. Just frustrating to see people complain about the lack of sports traditions in this city, but then want to change everything.

Do you know what makes us look second rate? Losing. That is the only thing that makes us look second rate. So because some Bears fans say something about the pep band, we need to get rid of them? Your reaction was to agree with them? I think that speaks volumes in itself.

Well I for one really do not care of they are there or not during the game, but I do know that we enjoy when they walk around while we are tailgating and stop on by and play a song or two.. Hey, they are there for the fans, and from what I gather, most everyone I see when they come to our area enjoy them...

So I am sorry you feel that way, but either suck it up or request to move seats, if you don't do either, then you have to deal with it .

Ignore this poster. Reminds me of the cheerleader hater from the Main Board. Just a hater looking for attention.

We all KNOW that's it's really cool to have a live band.

Now, if they could have a bigger budget, pay the members, gain a couple thousand members, and do "script Texans..." Hmmm.....

OSUfootball6.jpg

Like Ted, I was disappointed when they removed the band from behind the Bull Pen to the field (aren't they called the "Bull Pen Pep Band"?), but to suggest that their behavior is embarassing is something I've never heard. They aren't all "middle-aged" either, so that makes me question the validity of the original poster somewhat. (Guess he REALLY didn't like the elderly "Astro-Nuts")

The band's halftime performances are another thing....it isn't Lamar's fault, but somebody REALLY needs to learn how to mike the band properly. Over the past two seasons I've heard "Thus Spake Zarathustra" & now "YMCA" (two VERY recognizable songs) come out of the speakers so weakly that I couldn't have told you what the tune was with a gun to my head.

I've let the "And that's another Houston Texans...FIRST DOWN!" chant grow on me. If that's what it takes to start getting the crowd into the game more, it's not a bad thing. The Die Hard fans are always involved, but if this helps get the "Shaken, not stirred" crowd on the club-level involved (or at least their kids) then I'm all for it. Heck, I'd like the "Quiet please, Offense at Work" brought back!

I appreciate and admire the sweat and effort and entertainment our Pep Band has given us over the last few years! I love you guys (and Gals)!
Rock on people!:texflag:

Don't get me wrong here, I'm a big Texans fan. I love football and even played collegiately. And like I said, it is minor in the grand scheme of things, but is an issue that could easily be solved by cutting it.

Texans Chick, my panties are not in a wad. Isn't this where we're supposed to discuss this sort of stuff? You're also in 123 and haven't heard the ridicule that they receive???? I'm not one to call someone out as a liar, so are you sure you're not the one in the band- or perhaps deaf?? j/k

Texan Lee, what did I say to suggest I didn't love having a team here?? I cheer as loud as anyone else. If you're referring to the "That's Another Texan's First Down" crap, I have never been to a football game that encourages fans to go wild about something that should be so routine. Like I suggested, let's cheer for the IMPORTANT things like TOUCHDOWNS. This is VERY minor though. I shouldn't have even brought it up since my main peeve is the Pep Band.

Here's my problem with this "Pep Band". We are striving (and struggling) to build a winning franchise that is looked at as a first-class organization. To achieve this first-class franchise, we need to BE first-class both on and off the field. Having a bunch of goofy middle aged men acting like buffoons is counterproductive towards that goal. They act like clowns because, well, that's exactly what they are... CLOWNS. Is that they type of tradition we want to be associated with as we build this franchise... a clown tradition? Do you think the Colts have a congregation of clowns on the first row at the RCA Dome? I don't, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. We're talking about the "Big Time". "The League". "The NFL". Not some second rate deal. Do we want to synonymous with second-rate? I sure don't. The price I paid for my PSLs/Season Tickets sure isn't "second-rate". Just last night there were a couple of Bears fans right in front of me. I overheard them talking/laughing about our "band" earlier. Later, after the announcement that they were going to play at half time, one of them turns around and asks me something like "Which 2A high school did you guys find them at?"

I'm sure they're great fans and even better people. But tubas, trombones, immaturity, and the rest of the foolishness that accompanies them has absolutely no place in an NFL environment.

My intention is not to start an argument. We're all obviously fans- and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I am just embarrassed by this foolishness and want us to win and have the most enjoyable experience we can have at the games.... while leaving the Tylenol and Advil at home.

Yes, I sit in 123. (This last game, I traded my tickets with a buddy so I sat in 106). Usually opposing fans sit right in front of me because those are StubHubbed tickets. They've never said anything ugly about the band. I'm guessing you egg the people around you to say what you feel.

And if opposing fans did say something ugly about the band to me, I'd tell them where to go.

Literally, I sit right behind the band, just a few rows. I asked you to specifically state what sorts of things the band was doing, and you mentioned "immaturity and foolishness and clown-like." That's not specific. I've never seen them do anything that would be embarrassing to the organization. And certainly nothing that would merit writing the team or coming to a message board to talk about your trauma.

And if you can state with specificity what you are talking about, there are band members that post here that would listen to your point of view and maybe try to adjust their behavior. But if you just have some sort of phobia about tubas and trombones, it sounds like this is your sensitivity issue.

I would be double plus mad if the Texans organization got rid of the BPPB--they are great, hardworking fans and ambassadors for the teams in the tailgates, stadium and events.

If it gets you all headachy and sour (really, you must have geriatric standards for what is considered loud), you can always move locations in the stadium. It is easy to do. People do it every day. Then you can sell or swap your ticket with someone who appreciates these hard working people who make the game day experience more fun.

The few times I take my daughter to the games, she loves the BPPB. And if you see them interacting in the tailgates before the game or in the stadium, you can see how happy they make kids. Your post here reminds me of this:

NFL Mascot Has Blog: Talks a Little Junk

As I said, the way to improve the Texans image is to have the team win. Nothing more, nothing less. I still haven't seen anything in what you are talking about that suggests having a team band is second rate, and it just sounds like you dislike seeing the happiness in others.

I'm a season ticket holder since the beginning and I dig the pep band. It is a football GAME. We should never forget the origins of the sport, or the simple fact that it is an entertainment medium. Music is part of that package.

I wish they would mike the band better, though. Going from pre-recorded music to the band is a big dropoff. With the kind of money the franchise has to put on these events, they need to get a sound engineer that understands the concept of miking a live band for a PA system.

And the "Another Texans firstdown" is alright. It keeps the fans in the game, and gives us something to cheer about for the offense (considering that we are supposed to be quiet when the O is on the field).

I love the Pep Band. There were games in the past few years where the band were the only ones who were still happily sharing their music. I love them wandering around the lots during tail gating getting everyone in the football mood.

These folks are a great group of fans who love music and football - there ain't nothin' wrong with that and there is a lot of good. I, personally, prefer walking into the stadium with the Pep Band playing than the "Band of the Year." It is more like a football game and the Pep Band represents the Texans better.

I wish the band would be given more prominence, return to their original place in the Bull Pen, get a better sound system around them, and let them play more.

I've been a season ticket holder since day 1 and I've never heard anyone complain about the Pep Band...ever.

Not only can you not please 70,000+ folks all of the time - you can't even please all of them some of the time.

Rock and Play On Pep Band.:splits: :heart:

We have a pep band? Sweet. They need to play that noise that the TV makes when someone screws up..."whhhaw, whaw" with the tuba.

And the "Another Texans firstdown" is alright. It keeps the fans in the game, and gives us something to cheer about for the offense (considering that we are supposed to be quiet when the O is on the field).

I like "Another Houston Texans.....FIRST DOWN!!" myself. I remember in some of those games when we were getting our brains kicked in and they kept doing the first down thing. I wasn't too keen on it at that time. I just said it sarcastically then. I was really frustrated that day.

It's called a sense of humor.

You can find one in the box marked "Sense of Humor".

Take what you need but please, use what you take.

Count me as another fan of the BPPB. Every organization has something that makes it a bit different from the others. As another poster mentioned the Redskins have a marching band as do the Ravens I believe. Most teams in the league will have something unique or different about them, but it doesn't make them second class organizations. The bottom line is the only people on the field that will determine how others view the Houston Texans are the players, coaches, & FO folks. If we win out on the field then we begin to earn respect as a team and an organization.

I like "Another Houston Texans.....FIRST DOWN!!" myself. I remember in some of those games when we were getting our brains kicked in and they kept doing the first down thing. I wasn't too keen on it at that time. I just said it sarcastically then. I was really frustrated that day.

I like it when we are playing well. If we're losing 30-3 in the 3rd quarter and getting our ass handed to us in a silver platter, then I don't think they should do it.

I don't get how a band makes the football team or the organization better or worse. Do you pay your 1st rate prices for your PSL's to watch the band or a football team? If the band wasn't there Saturday night, would the Texans have slaughtered the Bears? Maybe if the Texans painted all the seats black, that would make them 1st class. Or how about if the cheerleaders were biker chicks with tatoos all over and drove into the stadium on Harleys choking down Malboro's, that would give the team that toughness you're looking for.

I understand that this is a forum and you have the right to complain, I just think sometimes people complain for the sake of complaining.

I am completely shocked and disgusted by your comments about the Pep Band. As a young woman in the band I am usually the first one to be annoyed with so called “goofy” behavior, but as it is, I have NEVER been embarrassed by any behavior our young men exhibit. I have been more embarrassed by some of the fans who sit behind us in their drunken stupors and yell inappropriate comments to players on the field. I have never been “shocked” as you say with anything our members have done or said. Most of us are public educators who wouldn’t risk acting inappropriately while young children and parents watch our every move.
We are here to entertain the fans when sometimes there is no hope to be had. I am a proud member of this organization, and I am sorry to tell you that we are not going anywhere.

I am completely shocked and disgusted by your comments about the Pep Band. As a young woman in the band I am usually the first one to be annoyed with so called “goofy” behavior, but as it is, I have NEVER been embarrassed by any behavior our young men exhibit. I have been more embarrassed by some of the fans who sit behind us in their drunken stupors and yell inappropriate comments to players on the field. I have never been “shocked” as you say with anything our members have done or said. Most of us are public educators who wouldn’t risk acting inappropriately while young children and parents watch our every move.
We are here to entertain the fans when sometimes there is no hope to be had. I am a proud member of this organization, and I am sorry to tell you that we are not going anywhere.

Judging by the responses to original poster's comments, it would seem that most of us appreciate the BPPB!! We especially appreciate y'all coming to visit us at Blue Crew!!!

Just remember, you can't please everyone, because some people are just meant to be miserable!!

SO, thank you and keep up the great work!!!

Thanks for your comments. BPPB rocks! :texflag:

Ya know when, I first heard about the band and they were walking around I was like 'this is kinda chessy' Then after listening and watching the reaction of kids and those around me, my opinion changed. I am not saying this to be apart of anything, but I noticed how kids really liked them and got all excited. Of course I am not down in the pen so I do not see everything down there but at the tailgate when they came around people got all pumped up.

Everything at every game will not be for everyone, that is the way it is. But the way I look at things if others get all excited about it and enjoy it, why trash it, if it is not hurting anyone. Tolerance is something that is being lost now a days, which is a true shame. Life is to short to get all worked up and hating on things that give enjoyment, especially to the kids.

The BPPB is a great group of TRUE FANS!

I'd love to see them back up in the Bull Pen, though. That would solve the OP's "problem" and the Bull Pen would get them back.

Coming from out of town for my first game in 2002 and I approached my "Blue Crew" friends the first thing I heard was the BPPB playing for the group. I have to tell you I got goose bumps and was in shock the enthusiasm that they created for the fans and myself and the smiles on everyone's faces with some simple tunes and CREATIVE PERSONAL interaction. :texflag: It is something I have never forget and it brings a smile every week when I view the photos from http://www.TexansBullpen.com and see the fun everyone young or old is having. Last year I brought two of my children and one of the first things I told them about tailgating at Reliant was the BPPB that will stop by and the fun they will have with them!!! One of my daughters main photo's on her face book account that gets commented on is of her and her mother dancing with the band when they made a special stop to play Happy Birthday for her and the others celebrating their birthdays and what fun it must have been!!! What great memories for my daughter, Lamar and his group created...and I thank the BPPB for that!! Fun hater is what I would call "4x4" but then again that is being nice!!!

Here are a few shots from years past and you ask yourself.....

DSC_0940.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

The band gets me pumped up when I hear them before the game.

If any band people are reading this ridiculous thread, don't let this troll kill your buzz.... you guys are great.

Ya'll have got to be kidding. Either all of you are in the band, or you just don't want to hurt their feelings.

They are a joke.

Sorry, I suppose this message board isn't for me- I like football and actually KNOW football and want to build a classy tradition here in Houston. Not a tradition that includes clowns trying to play instruments and acting foolish. If ya'll like goofiness, perhaps you would feel more at home at halftime during Rice home games.... At least they have talent.

Ya'll have got to be kidding. Either all of you are in the band, or you just don't want to hurt their feelings.

They are a joke.

Sorry, I suppose this message board isn't for me- I like football and actually KNOW football and want to build a classy tradition here in Houston. Not a tradition that includes clowns trying to play instruments and acting foolish. If ya'll like goofiness, perhaps you would feel more at home at halftime during Rice home games.... At least they have talent.

Most everyone here KNOWS football. And you're the one looking like a clown.

They are a joke.

Ok because we disagree with you, we are not classy, hmm? And all this time I thought everyone was entitled to make the case for what they like or don't like. I guess if you like the band you can't know sports, that makes great sense.

In Bizarros world it does.

:specnatz:

:fans:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back