Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-12-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pacman emerges without a scrape -- kind of -- in wrestling debut

Quote:
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- Adam "Pacman" Jones ended up surrounded by police Sunday night. This time they were actors trying to help the suspended cornerback, though they couldn't stop him from being allegedly "attacked."

Not a finger was laid on Jones on-camera Sunday at the Total Nonstop Action Wrestling event, but several were awfully close. A wrestler rushed the stage after jawing with Jones, but four actors with police clothing tackled him just out of reach.

Minutes later, the studio television screens flashed to Jones backstage, lying on the ground after being purportedly attacked.

The Tennessee Titans got a court order prohibiting Jones from participating in any wrestling activity after he promised in a taped segment Thursday on TNA's weekly Spike TV show to appear.

Jones, the team and TNA reached an agreement Friday allowing him to perform -- under extensive stipulation. He could not touch or be touched, grapple, shove, throw or have anything thrown at him by anyone working for or watching the show.
Quote:
Jones paced the ring and scowled, then picked up the microphone. He said he always dreamed of wrestling when the announcer asked why he came. The interviewer seemed surprised by his short response, then asked what Jones' goal was.

"To show the world that I am the best team player that ever lived," he said, repeating a statement from earlier this week.

Jones turned around as wrestler Ron Killings appeared with a beef. The two jawed some from 20 yards apart.

"You know what sickens me? You say something about being a team player? A team player? Allow me to welcome you to the snake pit," Killings said. "You see, Pacman, professional wrestling is not a team sport."

Adam "Pacman" Jones in his pro wrestling debut came out to the center ring but because of his NFL contract he was not allowed to wrestle in Orlando, Fla., Sunday, Aug. 12, 2007.
AP - Aug 12, 10:48 pm EDT
More Photos
Killings said in an expletive-marked tirade that several wrestlers were in line to take Jones down, and it was bad luck he couldn't fight.

"You talk a lot, know what I'm saying," Jones said. "You talk a lot. But one thing about me, I don't talk the talk, I walk the walk."

Killings then rushed to the ring before being tackled.

"This ain't what you want anyway. You act like this is what you want but this ain't what you want," Jones said as Killings was led away by four "policemen." Jones strutted in the ring, then hopped out.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Mama bud must be so proud
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pacman emerges without a scrape -- kind of -- in wrestling debut

i am so glad the Titans deal with this
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #3
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pacman emerges without a scrape -- kind of -- in wrestling debut

What's worse........?

Pacman's antics.....

or

The fact that people paid their AFDC/Child support/wages/ other money to see this garbage....
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read