Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2007   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Behind the Bench

Hey, here's a blog entry with various observations of a football sort and otherwise of the game last night:

Texans-Bears: Behind the Houston Bench

I put a lot of stuff in there, but if you have any questions about anything sidelines, I'll try to answer them. Cornerbacks, linebackers and defensive ends mostly sat on our side of the benches. Though at various points, we had just about all the players over there.

I forgot to mention, though they had the oxygen next to the defensive linemen, Travis Johnson did not suck oxygen after his semi-river dance non-TD.
Old 08-12-2007   #2
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Behind the Bench

Unfortunately after the TJ TD that wasn't, he took the next play off which gave them another 1st down. Instead of attacking the O-line he stayed back and watched the play. I know he is a big dude and was tired but it looked pathetic, if you're not going to give an attempt at least take yourself out and let someone else go in for a couple of plays while you catch your breath.
Old 08-12-2007   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
Unfortunately after the TJ TD that wasn't, he took the next play off which gave them another 1st down. Instead of attacking the O-line he stayed back and watched the play. I know he is a big dude and was tired but it looked pathetic, if you're not going to give an attempt at least take yourself out and let someone else go in for a couple of plays while you catch your breath.
AMEN!

I screamed at the TV as it was happening.

It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion: "Goooooooo! Goooooooooooo!"

I am absolutely incapable of adequately stating my disgust after seeing that particular sequence of events.
Old 08-12-2007   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
Actually, I'm pretty sure he tried to come out of the game, and they waved him back in. I wondered about that at the time because he was moving pretty fast for a fat man.
Old 08-12-2007   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

That pseudo score was in the Bullpen end zone, and TJ cracked me up. I actually got chest pain just watching that guy TRY to run!! I was screaming "COME ON, COME ON, you can make it!!" Just like coaxing a toddler just learning how to walk. Just about wore me out watching that one play! lol J/K
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
That pseudo score was in the Bullpen end zone, and TJ cracked me up. I actually got chest pain just watching that guy TRY to run!! I was screaming "COME ON, COME ON, you can make it!!" Just like coaxing a toddler just learning how to walk. Just about wore me out watching that one play! lol J/K
His teammates were giving him the business afterwards.
Old 08-12-2007   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
His teammates were giving him the business afterwards.
I bet they did. If I knew where to send them, I would send him some animal crackers! COME ON TJ, make it across the goal line and grandma will give ya a JAG to chew on!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read