Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2007   #1
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Injury thread

Anyone know what happened to Roc Alexander? I THINK he was the one who got carted off late in the forth quarter. Not sure, but, I thought the number was 28. Looked like he was in a lot of pain. Just wondering.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #2
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Injury thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Anyone know what happened to Roc Alexander? I THINK he was the one who got carted off late in the forth quarter. Not sure, but, I thought the number was 28. Looked like he was in a lot of pain. Just wondering.
I think it was Jason Horton.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #3
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I just couldn't see the back of his jersey well. Wasn't sure of the #. I know he was holding his arm. A couple of guys around me thought he may have broken it. I didn't see any mention of his injury anywhere.
Old 08-12-2007   #4
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have a link, but I did read on some site this morning that it was a fracture of his arm.
Old 08-12-2007   #5
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Linebacker Shawn Barber suffered a shoulder strain. Defensive back Jason Horton fractured a bone near his elbow and will likely miss significant time.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5047341.html
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Horton broke his arm when he dove into the pile trying to recover Josh Allen's fumble with less than a minute remaining. I didn't see when Earl was hurt but I know it was early.

Roc cracked his kneecap in camp and is on IR.

Last edited by aj.; 08-12-2007 at 01:36 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 08-12-2007   #8
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Earl most likely got injured on the play where Benson ran him over. It looked like Earl's foot got caught under him when he was falling backwards.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Earl most likely got injured on the play where Benson ran him over. It looked like Earl's foot got caught under him when he was falling backwards.
Upon further review, I think you may be right. At first I thought it was Greenwood who got steamrolled by Ced. I only saw the 6 when I saw it live.
Old 08-12-2007   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
They're saying now that this might be the same thing Faggins had last year. He might be out for a while.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
It couldn't have been Roc Alexander........he was put on the IR for a torn up knee around the end of July.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #12
aj.
Hall of Fame

Earl and Horton done for the year.

Horton wasn't going to make the 53 but losing Earl is definitely a blow to the secondary.
Old 08-12-2007   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It couldn't have been Roc Alexander........he was put on the IR for a torn up knee around the end of July.
That's right. I remember that now. Hard to keep up with all these guys. I wish Jason Horton, and all the other guys, a speedy recovery. It was evident Jason was in a lot of pain, and that always makes me feel sad. Some of them are trying so hard to win a spot on this team, and then to have something like that happen.
Old 08-12-2007   #14
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Earl and Horton done for the year.

Horton wasn't going to make the 53 but losing Earl is definitely a blow to the secondary.
so, do you think C. C. Brown will move over to the SS spot? If he moves to SS, do you think it will be Brandon Harrison or one of the converted CB's that moves to FS?
Old 08-12-2007   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

I would imagine CC at SS and Hutchins at FS.

Simmons and Dexter are in that mix somewhere. Kubiak said they will be looking hard for guys on the street who can come in and play but that will be tough. I imagine the Texans will be players when the cutdowns begin. I don't think Harrison is ready.
Old 08-12-2007   #16
real

I don't think Earl was going to start anyways...

C.C is a much better SS than he is, and he is much more active from the position...

I dunno if any of you remember C.C's rookie year, he stood out at SS in my opinion...for a good portion of the season he was leading the team in tackles until Greenwoods catch and fall tackling technique got the best of him...

Von Hutchins provides more playmaking on the ball than C.C does...

Hate to see Glen Earl go out, but I think C.C to SS and Hutchins to the Free is what's best for our defense...
Old 08-12-2007   #17
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
I would imagine CC at SS and Hutchins at FS.

Simmons and Dexter are in that mix somewhere. Kubiak said they will be looking hard for guys on the street who can come in and play but that will be tough. I imagine the Texans will be players when the cutdowns begin. I don't think Harrison is ready.
Maybe we should convert one of the WR's that is not going to make the 53 man roster a la Tim Brown...we are so thin in the secondary And yes I am joking.
Old 08-12-2007   #18
aj.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I don't think Earl was going to start anyways...

C.C is a much better SS than he is, and he is much more active from the position...

I dunno if any of you remember C.C's rookie year, he stood out at SS in my opinion...for a good portion of the season he was leading the team in tackles until Greenwoods catch and fall tackling technique got the best of him...

Von Hutchins provides more playmaking on the ball than C.C does...

Hate to see Glen Earl go out, but I think C.C to SS and Hutchins to the Free is what's best for our defense...
Hutchins is an upgrade at FS over CC in terms of range and coverage but he's less physical.

CC is a downgrade at SS when compared to Earl.

That's how I see it.

Last edited by aj.; 08-12-2007 at 05:37 PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read