Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-11-2007   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 219123 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Leavin' On A Jet Plane....don't Know When........

Van Pelt and Stanley will be roomies with DC pretty soon.

Dexter Wynn may be waiting tables on them.......

Complete the list......................
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Leavin' On A Jet Plane....don't Know When........

i must admit that turk was indeed better than stanley.
Old 08-11-2007   #3
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario did absolutely nothing tonight. I made it a point of specifically watching him on every play. Mario showed little in the way of effort.

Even though Babin was burned on the 2Q TD, he outplayed Mario.
This is not good.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007   #4
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

if van pelt makes it, i'll cut off my right hand.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Mario did absolutely nothing tonight. I made it a point of specifically watching him on every play. Mario showed little in the way of effort.

Even though Babin was burned on the 2Q TD, he outplayed Mario.
This is not good.
You have no idea of how much I hate agreeing with you on this hurts me.....

I expected more of him tonight.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

I expected more of him tonight.
[Generic RB/VY comment]
Old 08-11-2007   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageFerguson View Post
[Generic RB/VY comment]
um...if you know my history, then you would know I supported his selection in the draft. I'm a defense first kind of guy. And I still support Mario and I still think he will be an all star and kick ass.

It's just he didn't do so well tonight. What can I say?

Sponsored links
Old 08-11-2007   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

Kevin Walters
Jordan Black
David Anderson
Wali Lundy

all really dissapointed today

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007   #9
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Van Pelt is crap
Mario in not motivated
Lundy has butterfingers
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007   #10
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not worried about Mario...he had 2 series...just 2 series guys! Id rather have him save it all for the regular season...and maybe the game against the Cowboys since he'll be in there for a half or maybe 3 quarters. Also, da bears have a very nice O'line.

Jacoby Jones impressed me.

Jason Babin did what I expected honestly. I don't understand why so many people are down on him. Hes a good DE.

Earl Cochran was good as well.
Old 08-11-2007   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
I'm not worried about Mario...he had 2 series...just 2 series guys! Id rather have him save it all for the regular season...and maybe the game against the Cowboys since he'll be in there for a half or maybe 3 quarters. Also, da bears have a very nice O'line.

Jason Babin did what I expected honestly. I don't understand why so many people are down on him. Hes a good DE.

Jacoby looked good for what we could have expected, didn't he? This is a plus.

Babin looked good, but I still have my doubts about him in real life.

Mario will some day disprove all nay sayers and prove he is worth it. Really.

Old 08-11-2007   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

I would buy every seat on a 747 just to make sure Van Pelt had a seat to get out of town.

Bethal Johnson has my vote to go.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He definitely has got a good motor.

That roughing the kicker was a crap call though.

Old 08-11-2007   #14
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Bethal Johnson has my vote to go.
I know he had the one kick return which looked pretty good, but I don't recall him getting in on any other plays. Granted I wasn't specifically watching him either.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007   #15
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I know he had the one kick return which looked pretty good, but I don't recall him getting in on any other plays. Granted I wasn't specifically watching him either.
not that he did bad but he didn't do anything to stand out or separate himself from the pack. We have Mathis, Davis, and Jones. I think Bethel is the odd man out.

Old 08-12-2007   #16
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Van Pelt is crap
Mario in not motivated
Lundy has butterfingers
I think the Lundy fumble was Van Pelt's fault.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #17
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I think the Lundy fumble was Van Pelt's fault.
I agree with that! Van Pelt didn't do himself any favors tonight , and I'll be surprised if he is around next week! JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #18
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Van Pelt was horrendous and worse. A few of his passes were pretty much the level of a very small child. One of his last passes that went into the ground was almost laughable. Ye Gads! He needs to be out of here yesterday.

Did I miss Andre Davis doing anything besides dropping passes? No one has mentioned him. He is #2 on the depth chart and unless I missed some huge plays, he needs to be demoted.

I haven't been concerned about Mario as I figured he would pick himself up and get with the program once his foot/feet were better. I have now reached the almost concerned level. If he performs against Arizona the way he did tonight, I will go to concerned and begin to be worried.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #19
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105596 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

God Lundy was terrible. He's as good as cut. Too slow and no power.

Van Pelt managed to lose the game. The kid couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's my problem with Mario. No fire in his belly. He never seems to turn it on. He needs to treat everyone that lines up in front of him like that's the guy who keyed his brand new Lamborgini. He spends too much time "boxing". If the O-lineman can occupy his man for 3-4 seconds he's done his job. Mario makes that too easy.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read