Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2004   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No Cheese, Just the Whine, Thanks

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin..._freeman.shtml

Quote:
Texans' dirty tricks pull Jaguars down
By MIKE FREEMAN, Times-Union columnist

The Jaguars were involved in a number of scuffles, including a massive shoving match at the end of the game on the Jaguars sidelines. They were penalized a season-high 11 times for 80 yards. "This game was not one of our better moments," said tight end Kyle Brady.

Some half-dozen Jaguars players said in interviews that the Texans were utilizing some of the dirtiest tricks in the book. Questionable low blocking. Kicking in the groin (hate when that happens). Throwing punches when the official wasn't looking. And perhaps the most egregious foul of all, they said, was that Houston players at times put on some of the worst acting jobs since William Shatner played Captain Kirk. In other words, the Texans played like devils, and then when the refs awoke from their catnaps to see what a scuffle was about, the Houston players shrugged and made like angels. "Who," they would say innocently, "little old me?"

That's all true.

Here's the problem.

When the dirty stuff happens, no matter how egregious, a player really has only one choice.

"You have to walk away," said Stroud, "and we didn't do that. The stuff [the Texans] were doing was crazy. They would pull some questionable stuff, and we would get called for the penalty."
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #2
texman8
Veteran

Man, who are they kidding? That doesn't sound like our Texans. Sour grapes/ Crybabies! The better team won today!
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #3
jnhcarrfans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
i think both teams had some issues jags lost.deal with it.
jnhcarrfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Deal with what? We won!
Old 11-01-2004   #5
jnhcarrfans
Rookie

Quote:
Deal with what? We won!

yeah. i know
jnhcarrfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #6
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

screw the Jag-offs
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #7
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Capers needs to hang this one up in the locker room for the next go around. I would say it gets awfully rough in any pile of tacklers. I noticed Capers said to be smart in the locker room and "be careful what you say". I assume he ment don't antagonize the opposition whomever they may be. I suspect if we did play dirty this time we could really show them what it can be like next time. I would, however, hope that that's not how we win ball games.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2004   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Its only a penalty if you get caught , seems to me the jag's were the ones being hit with the penalties ....... who me ?
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Capers needs to hang this one up in the locker room for the next go around.
I e-mailed it to them about an hour ago.
Old 11-01-2004   #10
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Stroud must be referring to the "Jedi mind tricks" the Texans were using that forced Leftwich to throw the INT to Faggins. lol
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #11
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The irony of these goons whining about dirty play is overwhelming, funny, and very satisfying.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #12
GeauxTexans
Rookie

Quote:
Some half-dozen Jaguars players said in interviews that the Texans were utilizing some of the dirtiest tricks in the book. Questionable low blocking. Kicking in the groin (hate when that happens). Throwing punches when the official wasn't looking. And perhaps the most egregious foul of all, they said, was that Houston players at times put on some of the worst acting jobs since William Shatner played Captain Kirk. In other words, the Texans played like devils, and then when the refs awoke from their catnaps to see what a scuffle was about, the Houston players shrugged and made like angels. "Who," they would say innocently, "little old me?"
GeauxTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #13
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

A nice little rivalry budding, that's for sure!! I did notice on the 15 yard penalty at the end of the first half a little acting on our part, but I loved it!!
Old 11-01-2004   #14
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

You've got to be frickin' kidding. The Jags calling the Texans dirty? That's like R. Kelly calling Michael Jackson a pervert! Aren't John Henderson and Marcus Stroud supposed to be TOUGH!?! Give me break guys. We beat you on a day that we didn't play too well, and we outperformed you on both sides of the ball. Have a nice day!
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #15
Henderson98
Rookie

One of the unspoken rules of football... the guy that reacts to dirty play is the guy that gets caught...
Henderson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #16
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

It wouldnt surprise me one bit if the Texans did everything that the jags say they did.. and I hope that its true. The jags have been playing dirty against us since day one.. the clothesline to David Carr by Stroud.. the late hit on Moses..

if we went out there and got aggressive..and showed them that they cant push us around.. then thats awesome .. I was really worried that we didnt have a mean streak.. the way that we didnt retaliate when moses got hit late and such. But its good to see that we do have one and that we are smart enough to use it in a way that doesnt get us penalized
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #17
SportsLover83
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
It wouldnt surprise me one bit if the Texans did everything that the jags say they did.. and I hope that its true. The jags have been playing dirty against us since day one.. the clothesline to David Carr by Stroud.. the late hit on Moses..

if we went out there and got aggressive..and showed them that they cant push us around.. then thats awesome .. I was really worried that we didnt have a mean streak.. the way that we didnt retaliate when moses got hit late and such. But its good to see that we do have one and that we are smart enough to use it in a way that doesnt get us penalized
I agree 100%
Old 11-01-2004   #18
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Maybe I'm just over reacting, but they want to call someone dirty, how about the DT (I think Henderson) who hit Carr late (no penalty) then to top it off, he dives at his legs, I'm sure knowing that Carr has had ankle problems this year. To me that was playing dirty.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #19
|The.Brand0n|
Rookie

Default Lmfao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C
A nice little rivalry budding, that's for sure!! I did notice on the 15 yard penalty at the end of the first half a little acting on our part, but I loved it!!
I saw #48 Pittman on that play too ... falling all the way back, then rolling backwards over his head. Then when the ref threw the flag, he immediately got up clapping feverishly. Between that, and Chad Stanley's shaking defenders... I am positive I lost 12 pounds from laughing so hard.
|The.Brand0n| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #20
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Turnabout is fair play

"You have to walk away," said Stroud, "and we didn't do that. The stuff [the Texans] were doing was crazy. They would pull some questionable stuff, and we would get called for the penalty."

This is for you Stroud and the rest of you crybaby jag fans. Don't like it when you get a dose of your own medicine?

CAC

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read