Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-14-2007   #41
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Vince Benched for Violation of Team Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Arrow.... You are sounding more and more like a cowgurls fan everyday.. Keep living in the past.... ya know

"His Absenteeness" will need to produce a lot more than a 39 yard scamper for the Titans to win more than 6 games this year... ya know..
First off Bill .... MOO

It is hardly the past when it was the last game the two teams played against each other. I mean I could bring in the countless times the Titans have swept the cows in a season. Or the fact that only one season could you manage to pull in a win again us .... but I didn't .... I stated that Young did not need to communicate very much to leave the cows out to pasture.

I would figure will all the nifty pickups the moos made this offseason that you would expect more then 5 win. There is no way the Titans finish below the cows this season.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #42
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
First off Bill .... MOO

It is hardly the past when it was the last game the two teams played against each other. I mean I could bring in the countless times the Titans have swept the cows in a season. Or the fact that only one season could you manage to pull in a win again us .... but I didn't .... I stated that Young did not need to communicate very much to leave the cows out to pasture.

I would figure will all the nifty pickups the moos made this offseason that you would expect more then 5 win. There is no way the Titans finish below the cows this season.
MOO?? I knew people in Cali were quite articulate.

Very short response needed here: Last year is last year... You can't qualify the past...

Again, the Texans improved the team. The Titans got worse - well right up until the signed Eric Moulds Which of course was out of desperation....
Old 08-14-2007   #43
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
At least our 'backup QB' Shaub can follow simple team rules.

I suppose The Greatness follows team rules like he follows the team's playbook, 'eh?

"Don't need no stinkin' rules!!"
His "huge" rule violation was wanting to sleep in his own bed the night before a game. He took full responsibility for it but did not articulate that very well. He started off his statement with you break the rule you pay the consequences.

Old 08-14-2007   #44
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Or the fact that only one season could you manage to pull in a win again us...
Correction: the Texans swept in the Titans in 2004...not that I'm living in the past or anything.
Old 08-14-2007   #45
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
to your
Just becareful when giving me a hiarcut.

Quote:
His "huge" rule violation was wanting to sleep in his own bed the night before a game. He took full responsibility for it but did not articulate that very well. He started off his statement with you break the rule you pay the consequences.
It does not matter if it is a huge rule or a small rule, it is a rule and along with missing the teams charter last year he is setting up presidence of him acting like he is better than the rules.

Does he ever articulate anything very well?
Old 08-14-2007   #46
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah... This constitutes taking responsibility:

Quote:
"If I did, I apologize to my teammates, coaches, fans, to everybody. To me, I really feel like I'm not a bad guy, but I made a bad decision to try to go home and get some rest in my own bed and should've told coach. But I didn't. That's the consequences," Young said.
I used to think that it worked for me in the fifth grade..
Old 08-14-2007   #47
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
MOO?? I knew people in Cali were quite articulate.

Very short response needed here: Last year is last year... You can't qualify the past...

Again, the Texans improved the team. The Titans got worse - well right up until the signed Eric Moulds Which of course was out of desperation....
I was making sure you could comprehend my post ...

Improving a team at the level the Texans were at last season is not saying much. Moving the garbage to the recycler is only changing the color of the can.

What is funny is Molds will produce more then the washed geezer you guy picked up in what was not "desperation".

Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2007   #48
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Correction: the Texans swept in the Titans in 2004...not that I'm living in the past or anything.
You should re-read what I posted. There was no correction needed. If so please name a season other then 04 that the Moos beat the Titans.

Old 08-14-2007   #49
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
It does not matter if it is a huge rule or a small rule, it is a rule and along with missing the teams charter last year he is setting up presidence of him acting like he is better than the rules.

I was unaware of the game of football coming down to a battle of words on the field. An unscripted interview after a game that is just a group of random questions hardly puts a person in a position to speak thier best.

I agree a rule is a rule, Vince seem to agree with that since it is almost a direct quote from the first line on the interview. You making an argument from nothing really here. Though I do agree that when this is added to the Nickey incident and the thing from last year it could be a spark of a head swelling and like a good coach Fisher put his boot in it. No other player was suspended for the incident but several were guilty. He learned a lesson in leadership here. Sometime you have to take the punishment for all the wrongs of a group because you are a leader. The only thing I see here is a 24 year old coming into his own and needing to be better about what he says to the media.

Old 08-14-2007   #50
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You should re-read what I posted. There was no correction needed. If so please name a season other then 04 that the Moos beat the Titans.
I read it quite well:

Quote:
Or the fact that only one season could you manage to pull in a win again us...
You said "a win", when in fact it was multiple wins.

hey look, these are our crumbs, so get it right! We don't have much to hang our hats on around here, so...uh...yeah.
Old 08-14-2007   #51
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Skins played horribly the other night and...

won...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #52
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you believe that's what he did, I have a bridge to sell ya.

That line was used for the media.

Get real! "Oh, I wanted to sleep at home with ma and pa and I got into trouble for it" Pfft! Whatever floats yer boat.
Old 08-14-2007   #53
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
I read it quite well:

You said "a win", when in fact it was multiple wins.

hey look, these are our crumbs, so get it right! We don't have much to hang our hats on around here, so...uh...yeah.
lol "a win" when put in the context of the sentence does not suggest that you could not have won other games during that season just that in only one season did you manage to put any wins up against us.

I specifically phrased my comment to not make mention of the sweep at all. I thought it would add some salt.

Old 08-14-2007   #54
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
The Skins played horribly the other night and...

won...
They did not score until 1:42 left in the game and is was on our 3rd stringers. Notice there first team could not put up points on our first team D?

So if in the end the Titans only play there backups for the entire season we will probably have some issues ....

Old 08-14-2007   #55
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bump for Marcus. Hopefully he'll see the side of the van. It's almost identical to his avatar. LOL
It is from Pink Flyod Elle
Old 08-14-2007   #56
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Hey give him a break he's still 'Young'.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #57
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can't find it on the Tacks website.. but was Pac-Thug ever benched by the Titans for violating a team rule?
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #58
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Chicks were just hotter in the '70's.

I was born 20 years too late. If I were old enough to drive back then, I would have had a custom van with this bumper sticker.

And I would have had a van like this.

Quote:
Hey. Isn't that graghic on the van the same as Marcus' avatar?
Quote:
Bump for Marcus. Hopefully he'll see the side of the van. It's almost identical to his avatar. LOL
Thanks for the PM to show me this Elle.

And Mr. White, you were right, I do believe the chicks were hotter back then.

The Dark Side of the Moon album was made the year I graduated from high school. I've had at least 3 record albums of it, an 8 track tape of it, (remember those?) a cassette of it, a CD, and a DVD. It still sells as of this day. It seems like the happiest, and saddest, and most memorable moments of my life occurred when it was playing in the background.

Van shows were a popular event back in the 60s and 70s. I didn't think I ever went to one without seeing a Floyd van of one type or another. I never had one back then, but if I did, it more than likely would have ended up black with a pyramid prism. And FYI, that van in the link was actually photographed by drummer Nick Mason himself during a concert, so yeah, it did make an impression.

As for my avatar, I like it because it shows everyone who my favorite band is. My long time friends from high school and the Navy see it, and they go "Of course, that's who you are." There have been times where I've thought about changing the avatar to the 20th or the 30th anniversary versions of it, (it shows them in the Wikipedia link) but I still like the original, and I don't think I'll ever change it.

Last edited by Marcus; 08-14-2007 at 08:06 PM. Reason: contributing additional info
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #59
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
I can't find it on the Tacks website.. but was Pac-Thug ever benched by the Titans for violating a team rule?
He was benched for the away game against the Jags last season. Reason misdemeanor charges of spitting in a womans face in a nightclub.

The case was eventually dismissed & Jones was exonerated.The judge decided that woman in question was trying to get money ($50,000) from Jones.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #60
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
As for my avatar, I like it because it shows everyone who my favorite band is. My long time friends from high school and the Navy see it, and they go "Of course, that's who you are." There have been times where I've thought about changing the avatar to the 20th or the 30th anniversary versions of it, (it shows them in the Wikipedia link) but I still like the original, and I don't think I'll ever change it.
Were you at the Pink Floyd concert at Jeppensen/Robertson Stadium back in 1977?
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read