Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-11-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default okoye:rookie tribulations

Quote:
Rookie tribulations
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Huntsville Times

Lee's Okoye enduring trials of being an NFL rookie with Texans

HOUSTON - We have to keep this a secret. Just between me and you right now, OK? Amobi Okoye has had the typical new-kid-at-school adjustments to make in these early weeks as a rookie defensive tackle with the Houston Texans. He has had to learn a new system. He has become, with his $17.6 million contract, one of the world's highest-paid valets. Doing grunt work comes with the territory.

"I just bring (veteran) snacks, carry pads and helmets. Normal rookie duties," Okoye says.
http://www.al.com/sports/huntsvillet...080.xml&coll=1
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007   #2
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: okoye:rookie tribulations

I am looking forward to seeing Amobit play tonight. I really hope both he and Jacoby are making an impact on the team by the end of the season...but I won't be surprised if this is a "growing" year for both of them.

I am not looking past this year at all (I can't wait for tonight), but when you think (i) about all of the dead money we are eating this year to clean up the books and (ii) that the first two player's taken in this year's draft were taken knowing that they would need some time to develop - you realize that this team is really being built with the future in mind.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read