Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

RB Trade Bait time

treygar

Waterboy
In reference to Irons blowing out his leg for the Bengals, since Green and Dayne are pretty much set in stone in the coming weeks they need to feature the other backs more to build their value, then trade for draft picks. I'm sure this has been mentioned before. Sometimes a plethora of players at one position helps and though none are superstars, I wouldn't mind Gado for a conditional draft pick next year one bit.

hadaad

Rookie
Personally, I don't like playing that game. If we're flush with depth at Running Back, we should count our blessings. Green has an injury history and Dayne has been banged up his fair share too. If they both go down, and we've traded our third guy, we're left with Lundy and Walker. That scares me more than I want to think about.

I think we should just leave our depth the way it is.

Pantherstang84

@rolisrgti06
Personally, I don't like playing that game. If we're flush with depth at Running Back, we should count our blessings. Green has an injury history and Dayne has been banged up his fair share too. If they both go down, and we've traded our third guy, we're left with Lundy and Walker. That scares me more than I want to think about.

I think we should just leave our depth the way it is.
I'm with this guy. This is the NFL not Fantasy Football.:thumbup

treygar

Waterboy
so you guys want to carry 5 running backs?

1) that is not going to happen, I guarantee it - there are only 53 roster spots.

2) You are scared of Lundy as a starting RB? I'm not, I have no problem with Lundy as a spot starter.

3) If Dayne or Green are going out for an extended amount of time due to injury, we go out and find an unsigned free agent, won't be a problem.

4) Other than the salary issues of having too many running backs, we gain a draft pick in my plan. Granted I'm stretching in thinking this is all a possibility but with the #2 man in Cincy already out for the year this marks the beginning of injury season - we should be proactive.

Porky

Hall of Fame
3) If Dayne or Green are going out for an extended amount of time due to injury, we go out and find an unsigned free agent, won't be a problem.
So, we can go out and find an unsigned FA, but Cincy can't? If there is one out there good enough to rely on, why would cincy give up a draft pick?:backsout:

treygar

Waterboy
So, we can go out and find an unsigned FA, but Cincy can't? If there is one out there good enough to rely on, why would cincy give up a draft pick?:backsout:
read the first post - feature Gado - increase his value if he runs good against first string defenses.

any more questions?

badboy

Hall of Fame
I will not say no, but rather not make a move now. Guess it depends on the offer. Especially since Taylor is out.

WhoDeyNobody

Practice Squad
The Bengals will not be looking to trade for anyone. Quincy Wilson will make the roster as the 3rd RB now that Irons is gone. Seeing that Chris Perry only played parts of 3 or 4 games last year, it's basically the same situation at RB as last season, which wasn't a problem.

The1ApplePie

Hall of Fame
The only reason I could see trading would be to get more speed at RB, which we don't have.

Ditch Lundy if anyone. He is not starter material.

treygar

Waterboy
I guess not since you didn't answer my first one. :pirate:
if you spent as much time playing with emoticons that bog down the speed of this board as you did reading you would see that you did.

not going to point it out to you if you are set in your ways, plus it was only one opinion i was only looking for more.

apple1, thanks for chiming in, i always enjoy your commentary when it comes to skill position players, though I disagree, Lundy could be a decent starter if given the chance.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If we could get a 2nd for Gado, I'd give it serious thought.

Anything less, though, is not worth it, IMO. I think Kubiak & Sherman plan on keeping the legs fresh by platooning the RBs and using each one's specific strengths for certain situations.

Silver Oak

All Pro

Anything less, though, is not worth it, IMO. I think Kubiak & Sherman plan on keeping the legs fresh by platooning the RBs and using each one's specific strengths for certain situations.
I agree, unles the rest of TC someone really shines.

Bad luck for Irons. I thought he would pair up nicely this season with Johnson.

nunusguy

Hall of Fame

Surely you jest ?
You don't mean 2nd like in 2nd round pick ?
If we could get a 2nd round pick for any "two" of our RBs I'd jump all over it.

disaacks3

Staff member
if you spent as much time playing with emoticons that bog down the speed of this board as you did reading you would see that you did.
I think Porky's point was WHY would they give us a draft pick (whether Gado shines in pre-season or not) when there "good" FA material out there? It's still a valid question as it affects the value of what they would offer for Gado, Lundy, etc.

Will we keep 5? Like you, I doubt that we will, but we haven't made it through pre-season yet...who knows if we'll lose another RB in the next 4 weeks.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Surely you jest ?
You don't mean 2nd like in 2nd round pick ?
If we could get a 2nd round pick for any "two" of our RBs I'd jump all over it.
heh, you're probably right, man.

For some reason I thought treygar had mentioned a 2nd round pick, but reading back it was just in my head.

So what would be the minimum for a guy like Gado?

nunusguy

Hall of Fame
heh, you're probably right, man.

For some reason I thought treygar had mentioned a 2nd round pick, but reading back it was just in my head.

So what would be the minimum for a guy like Gado?
"Backs are a dime a dozen" is the comment made by one of our Boards more well-known & popular posters, and I totally agree.

Corrrect me if I am wrong but I think people are confusing a major injury Green had with being inury prone. If you look back he has played in all 16 games most of his career. This being his second year back from the knee injury ahoukd really be his best in three yearsinterms of strength in the knee. That plus the fact he has got had trained his was into unbelievable shape should add to his durbalility.

Veteran
...hate to burst everyone's bubble here, but we don't really have a RB with any real trade value. sorry.