Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-10-2007   #1
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School
Default Kenny Irons out for the season

Quote:
CINCINNATI (AP) -- Rookie running back Kenny Irons of the Bengals will be out for the season after tearing a knee ligament during an exhibition game at Detroit.

Irons, the Bengals' second-round draft choice from Auburn, is expected to recover fully by next spring, Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis said Friday

Irons went to the locker room on a cart after hobbling off the field in the game won 27-26 by the Lions. He was diagnosed with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

He had four carries for 17 yards, including an 11-yard gain, after replacing starter Rudi Johnson in the exhibition opener for both teams.

Injuries held Irons to 893 yards last season after he led the Southeastern Conference in 2005 by averaging 108 yards
Tough break for the rookie. You hate to see that happen to anyone. I think I read somewhere else that he got his foot caught up in the turf.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007   #2
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Kenny Irons out for the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Tough break for the rookie. You hate to see that happen to anyone. I think I read somewhere else that he got his foot caught up in the turf.
that's what it looked like. he didn't get hit or anything, just tried to cut one way and his foot got stuck. a real shame, I think he could have been a star. He may never be the same.
Old 08-10-2007   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

What is it with Bengals RBs in preseason openers ...

I'm sure the clever headline writers have their Ki Jana Irons stories locked and loaded ...

It's a shame. And what I dread most about preseason.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007   #4
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that's every fan's/coach's/player's biggest nightmare over the preseason, and it's the main reason to shorten the preseason.

Hopeful the Texans don't...sorry, don't want to jinx them.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Tough break. I thougth the kid would be a good one. Still might with todays medical abilities.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he'll be a Bengals starter someday. A damn good one that will go down in the books as a guy that fought for every single inch.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read