Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-09-2007   #1
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Should I or Shouldn't i....Jersey Question

I had an idea...and wanted to know how it would go over

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #2
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should I or Shouldn't i....Jersey Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
I had an idea...and wanted to know how it would go over

Do it.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #3
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Out of respect for Mr. Campbell and his glory days with the Oilers, he is a HOF'er wearing the Oilers helmet.

My answer would be do not do it...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #4
real

I think it is , but that's JMO!
Old 08-09-2007   #5
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't do it, out of respect to the Tyler Rose.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

One of Houston's greatest - if not the greatest - football players.

I have no problem with it, and I look at it as honoring Earl more than anything else. While the Oilers no longer exist, Houston football does. I wish the team would retire the number '34' myself, just for the fans (although I understand why they wouldn't do it, too).
Old 08-09-2007   #7
real

Speaking of Earl...

ON NFLN yesterday evening they had a Top powerbacks of all time special...

Earl was #3 of all time behind Jim Brown, and a guy who's name I can't recall right now...he played for the red skins, they called him the diesel...

????
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2007   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Earl was #3 of all time behind Jim Brown, and a guy who's name I can't recall right now...he played for the red skins, they called him the diesel...

????

John Riggins.

I'd put Earl before John, though...but I'm a bit biased.
Old 08-09-2007   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Speaking of Earl...

????
John Riggins

IMO, there was never a more powerful back than Earl Cambell.

edit: DB beat me to it. lol
Old 08-09-2007   #10
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
John Riggins.

I'd put Earl before John, though...but I'm a bit biased.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
John Riggins

IMO, there was never a more powerful back than Earl Cambell.

edit: DB beat me to it. lol
Thanks...

I don't remember much of either as far as watching them live, but I think it had a lot to do with Riggins Superbowl success and his longevity...

But just looking at the clips from yesterday Earl was by far more talented...Riggins wasn't a slouch though...Earl was just a man beast ...
Old 08-09-2007   #11
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the #, but just doesn't seem right. If your going to make a custom jersey I would use that # because of Earl but put your name/nickname on it.

JMO

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #12
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
If your going to make a custom jersey I would use that # because of Earl but put your name/nickname on it.
That's exactly why I did it. But I picked 34 not just because of Earl, but because of Nolan Ryan also. Hakeem wore 34 also, but I'm not that big on basketball.

TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #13
Matt
Blogfather

Rep Power: 11 Matt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVP

Quote:
Speaking of Earl...

????
I agreed with Earl being up there (though I would have put him second). That list was dumb, though, because it left out Bo freakin' Jackson.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

A Texans '34 Campbell' jersey makes about as much sense as a Rams '22 Wehrli' jersey. Kinda stupid if you ask me.

Von Hutchins is 34 for the Texans.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read