Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-09-2007   #1
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ravens experiment with 340-pound LB

Ravens experiment with 340-pound LB

The Baltimore Ravens' offensive line braced for the impact when Haloti Ngata barreled into the line of scrimmage on a blitz.

What made the sequence unusual was the rare size and speed of the 6-4, 340-pound defensive tackle, and the fact that defensive coordinator Rex Ryan was experimenting with Ngata at middle linebacker.

Though linebackers such as All-Pro Ray Lewis made fun of Ngata's unfamiliarity with the role, they took notice of his power and mobility during a practice Monday at McDaniel College in Westminster, Md. Ngata easily collapsed the pocket, pushing bodies back toward the quarterback.

"It's Rex playing around with us," Ngata said. "I don't think we're ever going to use it, but we're just having fun in training camp."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5035966.html
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ravens experiment with 340-pound LB

Interesting.
Maybe a coach messin' around, having fun to get thru the dog-days of August TC or maybe a coach experimenting, truely thinking outside the box for something more practical in the reg season ?
Sorta along these lines, when I saw Mario the other day in practice (no pads that Thursday night), I couldn't help but think how he looked as much like if not more like a basketball player that a football player and thought what an incredibely OLB (especially in the 3-4) he might make.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Big deal.

The Titans have been experimenting with a 340 lb. running back for the past year or so.

I think his name is LenDale White.
Old 08-09-2007   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
Big deal.

The Titans have been experimenting with a 340 lb. running back for the past year or so.

oh no he didn't.
Old 08-09-2007   #5
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Big deal.

Beat me to it. When I read the title, I was thinking the same thing. Rep'd accordingly.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #6
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Wow. Interesting idea. You're basically sacrificing one player by having him careen into the line, but it's a pretty interesting thought.

BTW, how do you give rep? I checked the user CP but can't figure it out. (I'm pretty damn thick, ya know?)
Old 08-09-2007   #7
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember this is the same team that had Adalius Thomas (6'2" 270 lbs) playing safety and corner at times. They now have Jarrett Johnson, a former defensive tackle, starting at outside linebacker. Rex Ryan is to defense as Mike Martz is to offense, being the mad scientists of their craft.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2007   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Big deal.

the Lendale jokes for some reason never get old.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read