Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-09-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Strength of Schedule - NFL - Defensive Lines

Quote:
All right, before I start this one, I'll explain it better. I took the defensive line rankings 1-32 (found here - http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid...ory?id=2935257) then took the schedule of every NFL team, and found the average defensive line ranking of the opponents of every team. The lower the number the harder the schedule. Yes, this is not perfect, but it gives you an idea to whether or not your team will be able to run the ball very well this year.

Once again, the lower the number the tougher the defensive lines they face.
Quote:
22. Houston Texans - 15.1250
http://armchairgm.com/index.php?titl...efensive_Lines

I have never seen someone rank this before because I would think there are many other factors to include on rushing the ball, but anyway
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #2
kravix
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 kravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballotkravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Strength of Schedule - NFL - Defensive Lines

I dont remeber where I saw it, or what the criteria were, but an aritcle on NFL.com or ESPN talked about strength of scedule for each team. Ours was one of the easiest versus the run and one of the hardest versus the pass.. I believe they were based on cumlative overall run def and pass def of the opposing teams for the entire schedule. I will look for it again, but if someone else can link it that would be awesome.
kravix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #3
real

That seems about right...

Just another factor though...

And we all know factors don't matter...
Old 08-09-2007   #4
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

It depends on what the factor is.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantTexan View Post
It depends on what the factor is.
Not this again!

TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #6
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Not this again!

lol...

I won't go there this time...I'll just keep on steppin'...........
Old 08-09-2007   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
lol...

LoL, get em' RT
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2007   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by kravix View Post
I dont remeber where I saw it, or what the criteria were, but an aritcle on NFL.com or ESPN talked about strength of scedule for each team. Ours was one of the easiest versus the run and one of the hardest versus the pass.. I believe they were based on cumlative overall run def and pass def of the opposing teams for the entire schedule. I will look for it again, but if someone else can link it that would be awesome.
I think that's beause of Manning over there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #9
kravix
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 kravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballotkravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

The article I was refering to was compared to other teams Def, not their off. So Manning had nothing to do with the strenght of schedule in those regards.
kravix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #10
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My gut reaction was to tell you to go factor yourself... my gut's a real asshole, though, so I won't say it...

(go figure... I can type out the entire word asshole, but if I substitute an asterisk for each "s", I get this *********)
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #11
Matt
Blogfather

Rep Power: 11 Matt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kravix View Post
The article I was refering to was compared to other teams Def, not their off. So Manning had nothing to do with the strenght of schedule in those regards.
According to ESPN, Manning <i>always</i> matters. He is very Now. Not as Now as Tiger or LeBron, but pretty Now.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #12
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
lol...

No seriously. Do you think that Mario's plantar fasciitis did not factor into his production.I did read your posts about this on another thread and you've come up wih this theory that every team has a bunch f reasons why they didn't succeed and that they cancel each other out and I agree somewhat.But to say that factors don't matter is a little overboard. Do you not think that the colts losing peyton for the season would not matter or that it would outweigh nearly every other teams losses.
Old 08-09-2007   #13
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Quote:
lol...

No seriously. Do you think that Mario's plantar fasciitis did not factor into his production?I did read your posts about this on another thread and you've come up wih this theory that every team has a bunch f reasons why they didn't succeed and that they cancel each other out and I agree somewhat.But to say that factors don't matter is a little overboard. Do you not think that the colts losing peyton for the season would not matter or that it would outweigh nearly every other teams losses?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read