Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-08-2007   #1
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default No Coddling Allowed!

Apparently, Kubes got upset with Schaub during practice today and gave him the Drill Sargeant treatment.

Man what a breath of fresh air this coaching staff is.

Day 12 Highlights
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007   #2
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Coddling Allowed!

If you watch the Kyle Shanahan video, apparently the QBs have a fining system where they fine each other if they complain or are overly sensitive to criticism.
Old 08-08-2007   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

"We're loaded at the receiver position" according to the announcer guy. Yeah...I hope that turns out to be true.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007   #4
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

I didn't really understand the mess up. I understood it was a two minute drill. It sounded like they had a "clock play" called which I'm guessing is designed to get some quick yards and get out of bounds fast. Then it sounded like Schaub wanted to go with a go route for the TD instead.

Does anyone know? I'm guessing based on Schaub's answer to a question in the Day 12 practice quotes.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007   #5
Matt
Blogfather

Rep Power: 11 Matt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
"We're loaded at the receiver position" according to the announcer guy. Yeah...I hope that turns out to be true.
They were saying the same thing on NFL Radio today. AJ was gushing about Jones/Walter, but the hosts were also talking up how good the unit could be.

They were all in agreement that we have fantastic linebackers, too, and a "strong" defensive line.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

WR, LB, & D-line are probably our deepest positions right now. Hopefully the competition will pay off with some regular season excellence.

I like what we're hearing about this staff, too. They hold everyone accountable and nobody is handed a job. I think the best teams subject even their best players to the same standards and training that everyone else endures.
Old 08-09-2007   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
WR, LB, & D-line are probably our deepest positions right now. Hopefully the competition will pay off with some regular season excellence.

I like what we're hearing about this staff, too. They hold everyone accountable and nobody is handed a job. I think the best teams subject even their best players to the same standards and training that everyone else endures.
I would never do anything like that!

Signed,

Bill Belichik
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2007   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog View Post
I didn't really understand the mess up. I understood it was a two minute drill. It sounded like they had a "clock play" called which I'm guessing is designed to get some quick yards and get out of bounds fast. Then it sounded like Schaub wanted to go with a go route for the TD instead.

Does anyone know? I'm guessing based on Schaub's answer to a question in the Day 12 practice quotes.

From what I read, it sounded like Sage threw a couple of picks and a few balls that SHOULD have been picked in that 2 minute drill. Then Schaub called a go when he was supposed to have stopped the clock.

And Kubiak went off.

But it also sounded like Schaub had a great practice apart from that.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #9
sbalderrama

Quote:
Kubiak probably picked that up from Shanahan. Shanny can be brutal with the way he just dumps players, but it's one of the reasons the Bronc's have stayed competitive for so long.
Old 08-09-2007   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalderrama View Post
Kubiak probably picked that up from Shanahan. Shanny can be brutal with the way he just dumps players, but it's one of the reasons the Bronc's have stayed competitive for so long.
He was probably seeing how thick skinned Schaub is for future reference .
Old 08-09-2007   #11
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Don't forget kick returning. Sounds like there are a lot of players to choose from. We went from one (Mathis) to several. Now we don't have to make sacrifices to the Gods to keep Mathis healthy.........

.....I do have a lamb on the alter at the ready just in case....
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #12
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'd have to say, personally, I think TE is easily our deepest position. We have 3 very good TE's. I don't think you can say that about any other part of our football team.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #13
barberman
Rookie

Kubiak is acting like a NFL Head Coach should act. Taking charge and correcting mistakes. This is Pro football, not pee wee league, His guidance will eventually make a winner out of the Texans. More power to him!
barberman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read