Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

No Coddling Allowed!

If you watch the Kyle Shanahan video, apparently the QBs have a fining system where they fine each other if they complain or are overly sensitive to criticism.

"We're loaded at the receiver position" according to the announcer guy. Yeah...I hope that turns out to be true.

I didn't really understand the mess up. I understood it was a two minute drill. It sounded like they had a "clock play" called which I'm guessing is designed to get some quick yards and get out of bounds fast. Then it sounded like Schaub wanted to go with a go route for the TD instead.

Does anyone know? I'm guessing based on Schaub's answer to a question in the Day 12 practice quotes.

"We're loaded at the receiver position" according to the announcer guy. Yeah...I hope that turns out to be true.

They were saying the same thing on NFL Radio today. AJ was gushing about Jones/Walter, but the hosts were also talking up how good the unit could be.

They were all in agreement that we have fantastic linebackers, too, and a "strong" defensive line.

WR, LB, & D-line are probably our deepest positions right now. Hopefully the competition will pay off with some regular season excellence.

I like what we're hearing about this staff, too. They hold everyone accountable and nobody is handed a job. I think the best teams subject even their best players to the same standards and training that everyone else endures.

WR, LB, & D-line are probably our deepest positions right now. Hopefully the competition will pay off with some regular season excellence.

I like what we're hearing about this staff, too. They hold everyone accountable and nobody is handed a job. I think the best teams subject even their best players to the same standards and training that everyone else endures.

I would never do anything like that!
weakestlink.gif

Signed,

Bill Belichik

I didn't really understand the mess up. I understood it was a two minute drill. It sounded like they had a "clock play" called which I'm guessing is designed to get some quick yards and get out of bounds fast. Then it sounded like Schaub wanted to go with a go route for the TD instead.

Does anyone know? I'm guessing based on Schaub's answer to a question in the Day 12 practice quotes.

From what I read, it sounded like Sage threw a couple of picks and a few balls that SHOULD have been picked in that 2 minute drill. Then Schaub called a go when he was supposed to have stopped the clock.

And Kubiak went off.

But it also sounded like Schaub had a great practice apart from that.

Kubiak probably picked that up from Shanahan. Shanny can be brutal with the way he just dumps players, but it's one of the reasons the Bronc's have stayed competitive for so long.

Don't forget kick returning. Sounds like there are a lot of players to choose from. We went from one (Mathis) to several. Now we don't have to make sacrifices to the Gods to keep Mathis healthy.........

.....I do have a lamb on the alter at the ready just in case....:shades:

I'd have to say, personally, I think TE is easily our deepest position. We have 3 very good TE's. I don't think you can say that about any other part of our football team.

Kubiak is acting like a NFL Head Coach should act. Taking charge and correcting mistakes. This is Pro football, not pee wee league, His guidance will eventually make a winner out of the Texans. More power to him!

Back