Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-08-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans’ Review, Assessment, And Projections: 2006-2007

http://mvn.com/nfl-texans/2007/08/04...ons-2006-2007/

Quote:
Team Strength: There is potentially a high level talent on this team. Andre Johnson. Dunta Robinson. Demeco Ryans. Mario Williams. Ahman Green. Matt Schaub. And the list goes on. There are Pro Bowl-caliber players on both sides of the ball.

Team Weakness: Team chemistry. Plain and simple. With an array of new players at key positions, it will be difficult for this team to gel early enough in the season to have a chance at a winning season. The offense will send out an entire new backfield of Green and Schaub, as well as a new left tackle to replace Charles Spencer, last season’s opening game starter.

2007 Projected Team MVP:

Defense - Linebacker Demeco Ryans no doubt led the Texans’ defense in 2006 as a rookie, earning Defensive Rookie of the Year honors. Look for more of the same next season with a year of NFL experience under his belt.

Offense - Wide Receiver Andre Johnson has been the Texans’ number one option since he stepped onto the field his rookie season in 2003. New quarterback Matt Schaub will be looking his way early and often.
2007 Projected Record: 7-9 overall; 2-4 in division
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Texans’ Review, Assessment, And Projections: 2006-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
Real good post. I'm with you on most. The wins will be governed by both offense & defense both showing up. Which seldom happens.
Who needs offense if we hold them to 3 points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
2007 Season Projection Summary: Looking at the Texans’ schedule, it doesn’t look as if they will be able to improve very much on their 2006 season. The key to their success will be the play of the offensive line and their ability to protect Matt Schaub and open running lanes for Ahman Green. If they can do that, they have a chance to finish at .500. I don’t expect to see a playoff run this year, especially since the defending Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts return the majority of their impact players.

Division Projections:

1. Indianapolis Colts (12-4)

2. Tennessee Titans (8-8)

3. Jacksonville Jaguars (8-8)

4. Houston Texans (7-9)
This is probably a realistic assessment. While the fan in me obviously wants to see our first winning season (or at least non-losing), the fact is that we've got a lot of new players and we don't know how they will mesh. Our schedule is not an easy one, either.
Old 08-09-2007   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
This is probably a realistic assessment. While the fan in me obviously wants to see our first winning season (or at least non-losing), the fact is that we've got a lot of new players and we don't know how they will mesh. Our schedule is not an easy one, either.
Easier than last year, that's for damn sure. If we can get off to a good start (beat the Chefs then knock off either the Panthers away or the Colts at home), then we could very well wind up with at least 8-8.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my positive outlook on the team. Every year since 1995 a team that's gone 6-10 or worse has made it to the playoffs. Including the Texans there were 9 teams that were 6-10 or worse last season. The other 8 are Cleveland, Miami, Oakland, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, Washington and Arizona. Which of those, in your opinion, do you think has improved more than the Texans have?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #6
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Here's my positive outlook on the team. Every year since 1995 a team that's gone 6-10 or worse has made it to the playoffs. Including the Texans there were 9 teams that were 6-10 or worse last season. The other 8 are Cleveland, Miami, Oakland, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, Washington and Arizona. Which of those, in your opinion, do you think has improved more than the Texans have?
Well, I bet you that most of the media machine would say Detroit at this point, but I think we beat any of those teams.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I think it is one of the more realistic reviews I have seen this offseason, I just can not for the life of me think that the titans will have anything but a losing record.

The front of the schedule is steup for them pretty good, but the second half is brutal.

Now granted I am biased and think the Texans will be 9-7 so I could be completely clueless.
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2007   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I think it is one of the more realistic reviews I have seen this offseason, I just can not for the life of me think that the titans will have anything but a losing record.

The front of the schedule is steup for them pretty good, but the second half is brutal.

Now granted I am biased and think the Texans will be 9-7 so I could be completely clueless.
well I try harder than anyone to throw as much water as I can on the hearts on their sleeves guys in the off season.

But.....the recent developements in Indi over the last couple of weeks reads to me that their is more than a kink in thier armour. They ain't got no armour. Unless they come up with a miracle the next couple of weeks, their defense will be a doughnut. AFC South just might be up for grabs this year. Now whether or not our guys can capture the moment is anyones guess. There's going to be a new sherrif in the division after the dust has settled. Correct nine wins just might get it done. First off, they gotta go 2-1. That's the first hurdle. And I ain't holding my breath untill it happens. Our OLT position is being held together with spit, bailing wire and a prayer.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 08-09-2007 at 01:18 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read