Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-07-2007   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default PFT.com: Some Love for Schaub

profootballtalk.com is absolutely the best source for pro football info... and I'm not just saying that because they like Matt Schaub....

http://www.profootballtalk.com/QBFantasyRankings.htm

14. Matt Schaub, Texans: We like what we saw of Schaub in Atlanta, and we think he'll immediately become well acquainted with receiver Andre Johnson.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #2
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default Re: PFT.com: Some Love for Schaub

I agree Wonger!!...now,if you could just figure out a way to keep this thread from the naysayers that have dumped on every other pro-Schaub post...
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #3
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip View Post
I agree Wonger!!...now,if you could just figure out a way to keep this thread from the naysayers that have dumped on every other pro-Schaub post...
I am excited about this season, but a lot remains to be seen.

GO TEXANS!!!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #4
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

I like what they say about Schaub but I think they put Cutler to high for a 2nd year qb. Even with Smith, Walker, and Stokely he hasn't proved enough to be put above Drew Brees and Alex Smith.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 293247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good luck with all that!

p.s. I hereby declare this a YKW-free zone!!!! please 2nd the motion!
Old 08-07-2007   #6
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
I am excited about this season, but a lot remains to be seen.

GO TEXANS!!!
...you should remember me from last year, as we shared similar thoughts about a lot of things, especially you know who...

Anyway, like a few on the board, I didn't know anything about Schaub before the Texans signed him so I did some research. First, from the pro side and unlike Carr, Matt got to ride the bench and learn the NFL 'game.' With Vicks $100,000,000 contract, there was no way he was going to start anytime soon...until the dog fight issue...

But, it was his college career that impressed me--first, Matt played 2 full seasons and was very consistent. His QB rating was well over 100 every year and he threw for almost 3000 yds in both of those years--too, he had 20+ tds and low interceptions. Matt finsihed his college career as the 2nd most accurate passer in Div 1AA at over 68%. He set all kinds of Virginia records, and-going into 2003-he was the #1 rated QB pick for the Heisman...until he got hurt, and wasn't drafted until the 3rd round.

Also, as a further testament to his mental state, Matt entered his final yr at Virginia to play football as a Grad Student...

So, for me, there are several positives. First, his college career was consistent and productive. Second, he's been very accurate and efficient. Third, he's been a quick and effective decsion maker. And, he has a heart and does not come across as a 'me' first individual. I may be wrong, but I don't see Matt has the type of player that will accept excuses for poor play and tell others he hated to go to 'work' on Sundays.

Finally, I believe Schaub will be coachable and will do whatever it takes to help the team win...
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Quote:
Anyway, like a few on the board, I didn't know anything about Schaub before the Texans signed him so I did some research. First, from the pro side and unlike Carr, Matt got to ride the bench and learn the NFL 'game.' With Vicks $100,000,000 contract, there was no way he was going to start anytime soon...until the dog fight issue...
I think it didn't work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-07-2007   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Good luck with all that!

I will second it ...

Old 08-07-2007   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

ready, down, hut-hut-hut-hut-hut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 293247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm kind of surprised that Young is so far down the list, considering how highly people think of him. I would not have been shocked if he had been put at 14 and Schaub at 24, just because MS has never started and has so many unknowns.

Quote:
24. Vince Young, Titans: If fantasy games were won based on highlight-reel runs, he'd be the No. 1 overall pick
This sounds like what the media said about Vick, circa 2002-3.

The season can't start soon enough! We have so many questions right now...who will be a viable no. 2 WR...will Schaub be all that....the o-line...our running game...our defensive line....our coverage...
Old 08-07-2007   #11
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Man. Some how I accidently started a thread on the Titans board about this.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007   #12
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
I like what they say about Schaub but I think they put Cutler to high for a 2nd year qb. Even with Smith, Walker, and Stokely he hasn't proved enough to be put above Drew Brees and Alex Smith.
Drew didn't look so swuft against the Steelers.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Naysaying Schaub is just as futile as pumping him up. We will have a lot of questions answered this weekend, and I frankly can't wait!!
Old 08-08-2007   #14
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

This weekend should show us how the offense is going to be - flaws and strengths - going up against the Chicago defense - you couldn't ask for a better "practice session."

I am totally excited - even for a pre season game.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007   #15
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I would not read too much into a 5 minute pre season start.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
I would not read too much into a 5 minute pre season start.
I agree with this. We aren't even game planning for the Bears yet. If someone wants to look at a pre-season game for answers about our team, watch the dallas game.

I'm pumped to watch the game, but I won't be critiquing our first team. I'll be paying more attention to the backups that are fighting for a roster spot.
Old 08-08-2007   #17
real

I dunno...

I think a lot of folks have never even seen Schaub throw a pass...

Some things you will be able to see out of Schaub is how he sets up to pass, how quickly he makes reads, and his overall pocket presence...

Ofcourse you won't be able to see if he has heart, and leadership, the intangibles to take us to the superbowl and all that jazz...
Old 08-08-2007   #18
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
All right take Brees out of the mix.

That leaves Philip Rivers who will be have LT to keep the pressure off the pass game, Garcia who produced with mediocre WRs last year so he'll be able to do it again, and Tony Romo, who I'm not high at all on but he has quite a following all over the NFL with T.O., Glenn, and Witten to throw to I see him keeping his job in Dallas past this year.
Old 08-08-2007   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
9. Rex Grossman, Bears: Though he's not yet ready for a run at the MVP, the shift of Devin Hester to offense is going to pump up Rex's numbers.

Old 08-08-2007   #20
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
agreed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read