Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 08-07-2007   #1
red_dirt
Rookie

Default Texas A&M has a tough year ahead

I was looking over the Big 12 and I think TAMU might have the toughest schedule of the big 12 this year. Obviously I have a different perspective up here, but I think that if they win the big 12 championship, they'll have earned it. I've got them down for 8-4, but they could do better. Key games-
at Nebraska
at Oklahoma
Texas
What do you guys see when you look at the comming season?
red_dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #2
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas A&M has a tough year ahead

I think that Miami will be a tough game for them also. I've heard some good things about their new coach.

But then again, Baylor might be a tough game for them as well.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have added @ Tech also, as a tough game... well, just because its Tech AND its at Lubbock.

In order to win the South, the Ags will have to win two of those three tough road games (Tech, Nebrasks and OU) and the 'sips at home.... Period.

Anything less and the Ags finish 3rd in the South...
Old 08-07-2007   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

9-3
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
9-3
Thats about where I am.... But praying to get to 10-2...
Old 08-07-2007   #6
red_dirt
Rookie

I have Texas Tech and Oklahoma St as spoiler games for A&M. Miami probably won't be a threat, I think watching the 'canes play OU will tell how seriously to take them. If A&M gets rolling and is undefeated by the end of Oct, they could be National title contenders. I can see them going 12-0 IF they dont stumble before OU.
Old 08-07-2007   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i think the key game for them this year is in lubbock. We have struggled big time against them for a long time now and it's about time that we start beating them again. And we went undefeated on the road last year, we will definitely need to continue that success this season to get a 10-2 season or better. But at worst i think it will be 8-4.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-07-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Dave Campbells Texas Football predicted the Ags winning in Lubbock and going 9-3.

On another note, they also preditcted that this could be Techs first losing season since the inception of the Big 12....
Old 08-07-2007   #9
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_dirt View Post
I was looking over the Big 12 and I think TAMU might have the toughest schedule of the big 12 this year. Obviously I have a different perspective up here, but I think that if they win the big 12 championship, they'll have earned it. I've got them down for 8-4, but they could do better. Key games-
at Nebraska
at Oklahoma
Texas
What do you guys see when you look at the comming season?
I agree on seeing perhaps the toughest Big 12 schedule.They better not stumble out of the blocks to start the season like last year or expect a tough season.

Miami will be a better Battle then people are predicting. For everything said about the 'canes there's stilla lot of talent on that team. Coach Shannon has kept that defense in the top 15 since he started coaching there.

Reid and Bowman for OK. State will be Dangerous all year.

At Tech is always brutal as will Nebraska but i think the Ags have both of those games circled the way they ended last year.

I think they'll need to be careful with Mizzou too. Chase Daneils looked good last year and will look pretty good this year with a year under his belt. Reminds a heck of a lot like Drew Tate...smaller QB in TX had to go out of state, fiery competitor, pocket presence, can create on the fly, and prolly holds a vendeta against all Tx teams. IMO Mizzou could be the big 12 darkhorse.

Texas A&M will be able to run but the biggest hinge of their season will be whether or not they can find consistancy with the passing game. 176 yds/game last year and for the most part in big games they struggled passing and might want to look to Martellus Bennett to pick up more yards. If Fran opens up the playbook in that sense A&M could give lots of teams problems with most of last year's team returning.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #10
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Didn't know the Raiders were that bad this year. What's happened? Is it just lots of freshmen or what?
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #11
red_dirt
Rookie

Excellent observations goldensilence, I don't know if Miami will be any good, but then again, they're never bad.
Ok st will be good, probably not south champs, but with the new D coordinator, they should win some of the close games they had trouble with last year. I've been to some practices, they look solid.
Tech is always good, especially when underestimated. That being said, they lost their o-line and wrs, so we'll see what Harrell can do on the run.
Mizzou has been talked up by the media for years, don't fear Pinkel, he'd rather whine than coach.
Old 08-07-2007   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I agree on seeing perhaps the toughest Big 12 schedule.They better not stumble out of the blocks to start the season like last year or expect a tough season.

Miami will be a better Battle then people are predicting. For everything said about the 'canes there's stilla lot of talent on that team. Coach Shannon has kept that defense in the top 15 since he started coaching there.

Reid and Bowman for OK. State will be Dangerous all year.

At Tech is always brutal as will Nebraska but i think the Ags have both of those games circled the way they ended last year.

I think they'll need to be careful with Mizzou too. Chase Daneils looked good last year and will look pretty good this year with a year under his belt. Reminds a heck of a lot like Drew Tate...smaller QB in TX had to go out of state, fiery competitor, pocket presence, can create on the fly, and prolly holds a vendeta against all Tx teams. IMO Mizzou could be the big 12 darkhorse.

Texas A&M will be able to run but the biggest hinge of their season will be whether or not they can find consistancy with the passing game. 176 yds/game last year and for the most part in big games they struggled passing and might want to look to Martellus Bennett to pick up more yards. If Fran opens up the playbook in that sense A&M could give lots of teams problems with most of last year's team returning.
Good point. I wasn't overlooking Mizzou either, I just failed to mention them...

With respect to A&M's passing game you are dead on. Martellus Bennett will be good and have a great year, but I think they need to use Goodson more out of the backfield catching passes... With his speed, if you can get the ball to him in space, he will be dangerous...

Last, If Fran were to resign, A&M could give lots of teams problems with most of last year's team returning.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read