Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-05-2007   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Division is our's for the taking...

Anthony McFarland is out for the year with a torn ACL, Glenn retired, corners are gone, Corey Simon failed a physical, Sanders is hurt, the Colts are falling apart. Who are the DTs for them now? No Booger, no Simon, no Sanders, no Cato June... they are going to have a hard time stopping anyone this year.

They replaced Stokley with Gonzo but I dont think he'll be an upgrade this year, the lack of defense is going to be too big of an obstacle for Manning and co. to overcome imo.

I think we split with them, we always play the Jags tough, and I think the Tacks aren't gonna win a game against us this year!!!

Texans AFC South Division winners!!!
Old 08-06-2007   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Division is our's for the taking...

Yeah...I don't see this happening. Their run defense was crap last year in the regular season, their defense has been crap before with Manning and Co. and they still managed to win. I still see them going 11-5 and winning the division again. I can see us going 9-7 and in the race until the final few weeks, but it's the Colts division to lose.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Yeah...I don't see this happening. Their run defense was crap last year in the regular season, their defense has been crap before with Manning and Co. and they still managed to win. I still see them going 11-5 and winning the division again. I can see us going 9-7 and in the race until the final few weeks, but it's the Colts division to lose.
We need Vinatieri. He's won more SB's than Brady and Manning.

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
We need Vinatieri. He's won more SB's than Brady and Manning.
He's won as many SB's as Brady and Manning combined.

The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Heck yes we will take division!

Old 08-06-2007   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

He has the key to the Super Bowl. We should kidnap him before gameday.

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

The Robert Horry of football.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-06-2007   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Anthony McFarland is out for the year with a torn ACL, Glenn retired, corners are gone, Corey Simon failed a physical, Sanders is hurt, the Colts are falling apart. Who are the DTs for them now? No Booger, no Simon, no Sanders, no Cato June... they are going to have a hard time stopping anyone this year.

They replaced Stokley with Gonzo but I dont think he'll be an upgrade this year, the lack of defense is going to be too big of an obstacle for Manning and co. to overcome imo.

I think we split with them, we always play the Jags tough, and I think the Tacks aren't gonna win a game against us this year!!!

Texans AFC South Division winners!!!
I'm optomistic as the next person about the chances of success this season but i'm not buying into the early demise of the colts.

Marlin Jackson got good playing time last year at Safety instead of his natural corner postion which he'll be moving back to. They spent a second rounder on Tim Jennings last year and also drafted Daymeion Hughes this year. I expect them both to see sizeable PS playing time.

Even with all the defensive loses expect Manning to be a conductor behind the line. Should be the most explosive offense with the additon of Utect stepping up last year and easing Anthony Gonzales into the lineup.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #9
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know anyone who's read anything I've posted knows what I think but let me give this a go Hmm... let me see:
Manning >>> Schaub
Rb roation > rb rotation
Harrison/Wayne >> Johnson/????
OL >>>> OL
Freeny >> Williams
Interior line << Interior Line
RE > RE
OLBs >> OLB
MLB << Demeco Ryans
CBs >> CBs
SS/FS >>>> SS/FS
Vinitari >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brown

Hmm... I don't see us taking the division. Not this year. Geez guys give our team some time to grow.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I know anyone who's read anything I've posted knows what I think but let me give this a go Hmm... let me see:
Manning >>> Schaub
Rb roation > rb rotation
OL >>>> OL
Freeny >> Williams
RE > RE
OLBs >> OLB
MLB << Demeco Ryans
CBs >> CBs
SS/FS >>>> SS/FS
Vinitari >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brown

Hmm... I don't see us taking the division. Not this year. Geez guys give our team some time to grow.

Mike
Really how can yo say there RB situation is better, you have a rookie (last year) and everyone else gone compared to Green and Dayne, you are giving there players with no exp more credit to do something than any other player in the division. Which by your logic in all your other post is an extreme exaderation.

Afain a rookie stats versus an all pro, now while I would give freeny the edge here, they do not go against each other. So an edge to one or the other versus each other is wrong, you should compare them to the respected position they will face.

CB - they lost both starting CBs yet you give them the edge? Why do you know something the rest of the world does not know about who is going to step up? I just want to know your logic in your annoiting someone who has yet to prove jack the all world?
Old 08-06-2007   #11
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Really how can yo say there RB situation is better, you have a rookie (last year) and everyone else gone compared to Green and Dayne, you are giving there players with no exp more credit to do something than any other player in the division. Which by your logic in all your other post is an extreme exaderation.

Afain a rookie stats versus an all pro, now while I would give freeny the edge here, they do not go against each other. So an edge to one or the other versus each other is wrong, you should compare them to the respected position they will face.

CB - they lost both starting CBs yet you give them the edge? Why do you know something the rest of the world does not know about who is going to step up? I just want to know your logic in your annoiting someone who has yet to prove jack the all world?
Freeny is their edge rusher... well I guess if you want go ahead and put Mathis up against Mario.. he's better than Mario too. As for our CBs... I realize everyone has been telling you they are impressed with our CBs in camp. But last year our DBs were among the worst in football, if not the worst in football. Before you knock me for anointing someone who has yet to prove jack to the world perhaps you should stop anointing someone (other than Dante) who has just proven they belong as, at best, a nickel back in this league. Hayden and Jackson looked solid last year in limited time granted. But we looked HORRIBLE.

In the running game... Addai averaged 4.8 ypc last year. He had over 1k yards splitting carries. Oh yeah and did I mention he's good? So once again... how dare I anoint someone who's not proven anything in the league. I should wait for them to have what 5... maybe 6 bad years and then judge them on one or two games at the end of a year? Dayne counts for something? Do you really believe the hype? He's a backup.. .and a bad one at that. He had a good year. Did you notice that no one in the nfl was beating down our door to get him? So its Green vs Addai. People have talked about how Denver gets a lot out of nobody. Guess what so does Indy. It hasn't mattered whether it was James, Addai, Rhodes, the guy who tore his ACL (their other rb not sure where he is or his name) They have gotten production out of all of them. That's why I'm anointing them better than us.

Go ahead nit pick on two or 3. Even disagree. But if you think we're ready to overtake the Colts give me some of whatever you're smoking.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!

Last edited by Texanmike02; 08-06-2007 at 05:44 AM. Reason: decided not to back off my RB stance
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans have left a bag full of excrement on fire, rang the doorbell and ran from Texan Mike's house every Saturday evening for the last five years. Or he is the eternal pessimist that hangs on a thread of doubt.

Last edited by Kaiser Toro; 08-06-2007 at 07:13 AM.
Kaiser Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #13
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I think the Texans have left a bag full of excremenet on fire, rang the doorbell and ran from Texan Mike's house every Saturday evening for the last five years. Or he is the eternal pessimist that hangs on a thread of doubt.

Old 08-06-2007   #14
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But last year our DBs were among the worst in football, if not the worst in football.

You keep spewing the same garbage but what are you backing this up with? Statistically there were several teams with a worse secondary.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Manning >>> Schaub
Rb roation > rb rotation
OL >>>> OL
Freeny >> Williams
RE > RE
OLBs >> OLB
MLB << Demeco Ryans
CBs >> CBs
SS/FS >>>> SS/FS

Mike
The problem with your "math" is one you continually point out when you assess/predict our level of success in this approaching season.

Both teams have lost and/or exchanged critical components on both sides of the ball. Its not just the components that determine success, its the sum of the parts. And the last time we played, our parts were better.

However, as you like to point out regarding the Texans, we haven't seen either team line up against someone with a different color jersey on. So whether or not those changes will result in improvement or decline -to either team- remains to be seen.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #16
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think their defense has lost more than it has gained. We beat them last year because we ran the ball. That is the best way to beat Freeny and Mathis because they edge rush themselves out of most running plays. Now they just lost McFarland to injury and Cato June to free agnecy. I see a big hole in the middle of their defense. But then again they could have some untapped talent and maybe their defense will actually be better
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #17
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 21 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

I think most people would agree that the Texans improved more than any other team in our division. That being said, there is a huge gap to fill between the Colts and the Texans and you still have to give them the edge.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Division is our's for the taking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post

They replaced Stokley with Gonzo but I dont think he'll be an upgrade this year
I agree with everything except that. Just watch.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #19
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

I don't see us winning the division, but a 2nd place finish is possible, and dare I say it, 'likely'. Even with all the losses the Colts had, they still are very talented and with Manning behind center, you can never count them out. Main thing is they know how to win.
dskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #20
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I think most people would agree that the Texans improved more than any other team in our division. That being said, there is a huge gap to fill between the Colts and the Texans and you still have to give them the edge.
The other teams made what seemed like some bone-headed draft selections. That being said, I have a hard time criticizing the rest of the AFC South after what the Texans went through last year. What at first appeared like their worst draft class ever has slowly turned into being regarded as one of their best.

Because of their offseasons, the Texans' schedule looks easier (IMO) than ever before and the teams look more beatable. A word of caution, though: the Colts are not a team that shot up to meteoric heights in one off-season. That makes them less susceptible, IMO, to the post-Super Bowl-itis that plagues so many Super Bowl teams. While they seem poised for the fall, Manning and the Colts, I suspect, will find ways to win.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read