Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2007   #1
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

Rep Power: 16 txchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden cover
Default first time tailgaters.......

i'm excited.......taking my kids to the bears game and tailgating in the blue lot with them.........offically it's our second time but the first time was 3yrs ago and it was pouring rain......we look forward to it again....hopefully it's not raining this time!!!!
txchick1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #2
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: first time tailgaters.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by txchick1971 View Post
i'm excited.......taking my kids to the bears game and tailgating in the blue lot with them.........offically it's our second time but the first time was 3yrs ago and it was pouring rain......we look forward to it again....hopefully it's not raining this time!!!!
Well being the 1st game, the excitement will be at 100%, so rain or shine, have a great time !!!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never tailgated before....like..i wouldnt even know how to go about finding message board people, or how much do you pay for food and beer? Where do you meet....its all so foreign to me.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #4
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

Rep Power: 16 txchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden cover

bring yer own....
Old 08-01-2007   #5
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
I've never tailgated before....like..i wouldnt even know how to go about finding message board people, or how much do you pay for food and beer? Where do you meet....its all so foreign to me.
I think we all are considered family on this board...u get cell numbers and they will talk you through how to get to their tailgating parties...Thats how Elle and me started out, being from San Antonio and all, we discovered Hobie on here inviting ppl to his party....Then we met the Filo's....Just talk to ppl and they will lead you the rest of the way...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #6
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post

What lot are you in? If you are in Blue are Platinum, you should exchange some PMs with some people here and meet up. There is no paying for food or beer. You bring your own, or maybe just bring something and tailgate with a group here on the board. Everyone is very welcoming. Might want to get those PMs out or create a post looking for people to tailgate with soon as the first game is next Saturday!
dskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: first time tailgaters.......

Quote:
bring yer own....
BYOWATER!

I always pack a few waters under the beer for after the game. I try to hide them, but they always vanish. I always go home with leftover beer, not water.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-01-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
bring yer own....
Bring plenty of beer for Blue Crew too... It's "Lot Law"....
Old 08-01-2007   #9
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I always go home with leftover beer, not water.
That is very true..... I always run out of water, never beer.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #10
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

i will have lotsa beer and lotsa water and lotsa fun.....we can't wait.....i may need to swap some pms.....it'll probably be one of only a couple we go too but yall can still be nice to us......
Old 08-02-2007   #11
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
BYOWATER!

I always pack a few waters under the beer for after the game. I try to hide them, but they always vanish. I always go home with leftover beer, not water.
Oh, those were YOUR waters...

Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D
Texan_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #12
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

we'll be out there...........look for the 10yr old surfer looking dude.....with a urlacher jersey on............i told him he's gonna get dog piled on........but his football coach's brother plays for the bears and is from our home town of tulsa so he's excited that he knows an NFL player.........lol <<<<<< well, he thinks he knows him.....but it's actually by association
Old 08-03-2007   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

If I see a 10 year old Jeff Spicoli in an Urlacher jersey, you better beleive I'm piling on!! There is no mercy, not even for a 10 y/o!!
Old 08-03-2007   #14
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

he's tough.....get's hit by 125lb linebackers 4 days a week......lol, he's only 61lbs.....hee,hee,hee....kid is fearless
Old 08-07-2007   #15
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
he's tough.....get's hit by 125lb linebackers 4 days a week......lol, he's only 61lbs.....hee,hee,hee....kid is fearless
That's AWESOME! I'm a relatively new dad myself, and, although above all I want the kid to do what makes him happy, I secretly hope football makes him happy when he is old enough.

Best,
Rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007   #16
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

we park in the red lot so not a whole lot of tailgating going on and I'm too lazy to try and pack my huge gas grill in my vehicle. If anyones going to be over that way with a grill lemme know. I bought a 1/4 of a calf this year and makes some of the best hamburgers/steaks/ etc...
Old 08-08-2007   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are certainly welcome to join the Blue Crew! A large number of posters on this board tailgate with us, so you will have the opportunity to meet some MB "names." We are located in the far front corner of the platinum lot, next to Kirby. There are always lots of kids, all ages, for your son to meet. I will have my 8/y/o and 15 y/o grandsons with me as well as a 9 y/o granddaughter. Believe it or not, but, I still have left over beer from last year. This year I am taking an extra ice chest full of water instead of so many carbonated drinks. I have found that my grandkids drink water, gatoraide, or some other type of sports drink better than carbonated soda's. Of course, I have to bring Cherry DrP for ME!!

Above all, take the intense HEAT into consideration. The heat index is suppose to be about 103, I think. That means it might be about 120 on that d*** parking lot!! Just go prepared, as I am sure you will.

I will look for a 10 y/o with a Bear's jersey on! BUT, the best thing to do is just walk up and ask for someone who posts on TexansTalk. Our tailgate is VERY large and easy to find. If you want to find me, just ask for GRANDMA! I love meeting friends from the MB.

Sandy or "grandma"
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
we park in the red lot so not a whole lot of tailgating going on and I'm too lazy to try and pack my huge gas grill in my vehicle. If anyones going to be over that way with a grill lemme know. I bought a 1/4 of a calf this year and makes some of the best hamburgers/steaks/ etc...
Andrew!! That is BLASPHEMY (sp) parking so far away from your seat buddy!! J/K Look forward to seeing you and Amy again!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007   #19
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Andrew!! That is BLASPHEMY (sp) parking so far away from your seat buddy!! J/K Look forward to seeing you and Amy again!!!
awwwh come on now. Red lot is soooooooo.... much closer to the seats. lol I need the exercise I might ease over and try to tailgate with yall

As I was saying we have a bunch of meat left over from that cow. Hole deep freazer. I fed my whole shift last night with just one lil package of hamburger meat
Old 08-08-2007   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

If you have never been to a tailgate, and want to come to one, basically Texans fans are friendly sorts and if you say what lot you are in, or which one you want to go to, there's someone that will invite you.

Here's something I wrote a while back about Texans tailgating. (I wish I would have included the basic information about needing a parking pass, comments about sunscreen and water woulda been good ones too):

link

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read