Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-05-2007   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Doug Datish, C - Released

Prior to and during the draft, I remember some people wanted us to pick this guy up. I just saw that he was released by the Falcons.

With Chris White on the roster and Studdard possibly being groomed to move over to the C, I doubt we pick him up.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doug Datish, C - Released

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/s...note_0805.html

Flowery Branch Rookie center Doug Datish, a sixth-round draft pick from Ohio State, was placed on injured reserve by the Falcons on Saturday in a series of moves.

Datish's move means he will miss the season. He broke a finger on his left hand in organized training activities and broke his right wrist Thursday.

"Datish is an unlucky guy," Falcons president and general manager Rich McKay said.
Old 08-05-2007   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/s...note_0805.html

Flowery Branch Rookie center Doug Datish, a sixth-round draft pick from Ohio State, was placed on injured reserve by the Falcons on Saturday in a series of moves.

Datish's move means he will miss the season. He broke a finger on his left hand in organized training activities and broke his right wrist Thursday.

"Datish is an unlucky guy," Falcons president and general manager Rich McKay said.
That's weird.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/A..._sign_two.aspx

This just says he was waived, not IR'd.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #4
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

He was my second pick for center behind Kalil. Fast and smart (played multiple positions in college.) Too bad about his injuries, though. I think he still has the potential to make a good center if he overcomes the injury bug.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #5
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

PS at most if the injury rumors are indeed true. I don't think Studdard is best used at C, but I think he can play it well enough. I think he is a G. Either side really. I just don't know if we can offer a spot to Datish on our PS. He does move well laterally and have good size. I had him ranked as a 4th rounder, and that is average for a C. The only guy I had higher was Kalil.
Old 08-06-2007   #6
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like Datish needs to drink some milk with those brittle bones.
Old 08-06-2007   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

well as long as he is right handed (which most centers are) the finger shouldn't matter. the wrist is a problem and will take some time to heal but he should be ok in the end. I would have no problem finding a spot for him on the PS. Center has been a weakness forever and to get some quality at that position would be nice. Surprised the Falcons gave up so fast. What a wasted pick that was.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read