Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who really turns it up a notch this year? Bam!
D-Rob 16 18.82%
Super Mario 24 28.24%
Matt Schaub 10 11.76%
Amobi-wan 0 0%
Ahman Green 4 4.71%
Jacoby Jones 0 0%
Jerome "hammy" Mathis 12 14.12%
Owen Daniels 12 14.12%
Fred Bennet 2 2.35%
Other 5 5.88%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2007   #1
KJ3

Default Texans Breakout Player in '07

my vote is dunta.
Old 08-05-2007   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Breakout Player in '07

Dunta. I feel that the DLine will help and since we have better depth in secondary (relative to horrible) we may see him blitz the QB more often which I feel he does very well.
Old 08-05-2007   #3
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Matt, but really think that a lot of players are going to "turn it up a notch".

From what I have been reading and hearing it sounds like the whole team in general is more focused and excited about this year and seem to be further ahead teamwise than they were at this time last year.

We probably will not make it to the Super Bowl this year, but really feel we will surprise a lot of people.
Old 08-05-2007   #4
whiskeyrbl

I think (Baring any injury) Mario is going to be the breakout player. With an improved line Weaver and Maddux, and Okoye out there I think it will give Mario alot of chances to be in the backfield early. Plus I'm sick and tired of hearing about those other two guys. You know the scrubs that the Titans and Saints drafted.
Old 08-05-2007   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Owen. I think that he was ignored a lot last season and still had a good year. I think that Matt will be looking for him more and getting the ball to him.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #6
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 103549 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario
Old 08-05-2007   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guarantee Schaub will do more for this team than he ever has before.

He got my vote for more practical reasons as well.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2007   #8
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bennett. He's been impressive. I could see him as a DROY over Amobi
Old 08-05-2007   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

The rookies really don't belong in this poll. How can someone "turn it up" if they've never played in the league before???

In fact, you could argue that Schaub doesn't belong, since he's only had spot starts and mop-up duty, this is his first season as "the man".

I voted for D-Rob. From what I've seen during the three TC sessions I've been to, he looks like a Man on a Mission.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
The rookies really don't belong in this poll. How can someone "turn it up" if they've never played in the league before???

That's kind of what I was thinking ... along with 'where's Charlie Anderson?'
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
I think (Baring any injury) Mario is going to be the breakout player. With an improved line Weaver and Maddux, and Okoye out there I think it will give Mario alot of chances to be in the backfield early. Plus I'm sick and tired of hearing about those other two guys. You know the scrubs that the Titans and Saints drafted.
Wow. My thoughts exactly.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Owen Daniels. Before he hit the rookie wall last year he was having a very fine rookie season. I think he'll be even better this season. My guess is that he finishes the season 2nd in receptions behind Andre Johnson since we don't have a prominent #2 WR.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #13
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with Daniels. If anyone is going to benefit from Schuab being here its Daniels.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #14
MarioWrecksIt

I went with D-Rob. I think our secondary is by far the best that its ever been and could rival some of the better units in the league. In TC from what ive seen Dunta is laying the hat and playing like the pro bowler caliber player that he is. As much as I want Mario to become the player he is supposed to this year i think this is Dunta'a year
Old 08-05-2007   #15
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Travis in his contract year? Or does he have another year to go?

That will usually motivate a player...

Old 08-05-2007   #16
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

I went with Mathis. For some reason, I think he stays healthy and gets some time at WR. We know what he can do at KR, but I think he gives us a huge help at WR with his speed. I've heard good things about him in practice and I hope he can step up.
Old 08-05-2007   #17
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Got to go with Mathis, if he is performing like eveyone says.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #18
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I went with Daniels. If anyone is going to benefit from Schuab being here its Daniels.
Daniels and all the TEs biggest benefactor was Kubiak and his TE oriented system no matter who the QB is.
But I'm thinking TJ might be the real sleeper this year for a turnaround and may leave the Amobe pick looking pretty redundant and unnecessary by year-end.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
if he is performing like eveyone says.
He practiced well the day I was there and Kubiak had some nice things to say the practice before. I am very cautiously optimistic. We all want a WR speed merchant, but the hammy and how he copes with injuries while still showing progress at WR is still not answered for his long term prospects on this team.
Old 08-05-2007   #20
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with 'other' for Kasey Studdard. I realize he's a rookie and some people have problems with rookies being on this list. Studdard is turning it on and just may very well threaten to take away the starting 'C' slot away from McKinney and Flanaghan(sp?). That's what I'd consider turning it on and breaking out into the league.

Studdard may not have the size but he definitely has the smarts and a nasty streak. A lot of people consider the LT slot to be the most important. I've started to revert my opinion on the subject after seeing Jeff Saturday anchor the Colts' line. Brains and brawn is a combination that's extremely rare and I've been reading that Studdard has both hence him being considered for the position in TC.

Sadly, he'll most likely be grossly overlooked and Schaub or Green would get the credit. It sucks to be in the trenches sometimes. It all begins with the offensive line.

Don't misunderstand. I think that our line is just fine as it is. I'm just saying that we have problems but we're solid. Studdard would be a great addition if he turns out to be the player that I'm hoping for.

I really think we got a steal with Studdard in the sixth round.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read