Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-04-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Colts released defensive tackle Corey Simon

Quote:
he Indianapolis Colts released former Pro Bowl defensive tackle Corey Simon on Saturday.

Colts owner Jim Irsay said Wednesday that he expected to release the tackle within the next few days.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts released defensive tackle Corey Simon

I can't find a definitive explanation of what's wrong with Corey Simon anywhere. The closest I can get is that it's a non-football related illness/injury but nobody seems to know for sure. If they do know then nobody is willing to speak about it.

The fact that he even took a physical makes me think that it's not something that instantly rules out the possibility of playing football. Then again it might have been a mere formality and the result a forgone conclusion.
Old 08-04-2007   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The colts have been super quiet about him. I have no idea whats going on ther...
Old 08-04-2007   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't he balloon up in weight? (Which is a lot since he was already a BIG guy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The colts have been super quiet about him. I have no idea whats going on ther...
I'm guessing it was a heart problem, maybe similar to what Kris Jenkins and Reggie White had.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Stenosis?????

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #7
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Simon missed the Colts' Super Bowl season with a knee injury and an undisclosed illness, reportedly polyarthritis.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...708040525/1100

Polyarthritis is any type of arthritis which involves five or more joints - an inflammation of two, three or four joints is an oligoarthritis.

Polyarthritis is most often caused by an auto-immune disorder such as Rheumatoid arthritis, Psoriatic arthritis, and Lupus erythematosus but can also be caused by infections such as Ross River Virus. It is recommended that individuals with this affliction sleep on a firm mattress and a flat pillow. Polyarthritis may be experienced at any age and is not gender specific.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyarthritis

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2007   #8
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I emailed Chappell. Not really expecting any revelations ... fwiw:

Quote:
So Mike, what's the buzz around the local media about Simon? Does he have some undisclosed physical ailment or is there something else going on between him and the team? It's unusual how secretive this is.
-- aj in Houston.

Quote:
i wish i knew for sure. at some point last year, simon and the colts developed a serious problem. i don't know if he decided to have knee surgery against the team's wishes, if the team believed he dogged his rehab or what.
when it went bad, it went real bad and never improved.
i was not the least bit of a surprise to me when the released him saturday
-- Mike
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read