Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 08-04-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default UT Football Player In Custody; Kicked Off Team

Quote:
(CBS 42) AUSTIN A starting freshman defensive tackle has been kicked off the University of Texas Longhorn team until further notice.

That's the decision by head football coach Mack Brown -- after Andre Jones turned himself in Friday. Jones is charged with a felony.

Friday happens to be Jones' 18th birthday. If he celebrated it, he did so behind bars

He is the fourth student-athlete on the Longhorns squad to run afoul of the law so far this summer, and Coach Brown says he's "extremely disappointed."

In High School at El Paso, Andre Jones' biography reads like a Who's Who in Athletics. He was named a first team All-American by Parade magazine. There are pictures showing Jones at Army All-American Bowl going head to head and getting tackled. He was a player in the US All American Bowl. And there's a shot of him iinking a deal to play for the Longhorns at the age of 17.
http://keyetv.com/local/local_story_215122330.html

these kids, I wonder what the heck goes through their minds
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007   #2
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1347 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: UT Football Player In Custody; Kicked Off Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
these kids, I wonder what the heck goes through their minds

"Nicknamed 'Slick,' the #78 defensive tackle was charged and jailed for aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon.

Police say Jones and former UT player Robert Joseph robbed a 14-year old victim at these apartments -- making deadly threats and brandishing guns
."

He's a wimp. He needs a gun to rob a 14 year old kid. I'd bench him too...

If he really was a big mean defensive tackle, he'd just bit**slap the kid and take his lunch money, not pull a gun.

But knowing the APD and UT politics... it will be pled down to "disorderly conduct" and "Slick" will be back on the team in time for the Rice game...
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

UT alumini (I like UT) but they do have powerfull lawyers ....I does seem some things .ie mcconnoughey(if I spelled that right (ex ut)) and his deal (MGM has good lawyers too) ..hushed some things.. benson , jason patrick .etc etc.. austin does get the headlines for things and...like a ghost .things vanish... ).. I am not hating on anyone, but in general.. Austin does get things solved "under the radar"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
UT alumini (I like UT) but they do have powerfull lawyers ....I does seem some things .ie mcconnoughey(if I spelled that right (ex ut)) and his deal (MGM has good lawyers too) ..hushed some things.. benson , jason patrick .etc etc.. austin does get the headlines for things and...like a ghost .things vanish... ).. I am not hating on anyone, but in general.. Austin does get things solved "under the radar"
Not an alum, but the curious way a million dollars worth of "stuff" disapears from the campus every year makes me agree. How that stuff "walks" off on it's own is a mistery to everone except the ones behind the scenes.
Old 08-06-2007   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Book 'em Horns!
Old 08-06-2007   #6
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Book 'em Horns!

I never really get why athletes, despite being set whether in terms of opportunities or finances, have to do these stupid things.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #7
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Texas_All_Character_List.jpg (54.5 KB, 21 views)
Old 08-18-2007   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post

I never really get why athletes, despite being set whether in terms of opportunities or finances, have to do these stupid things.
They're never held accountable or to the same standard as others, so they feel the rules don't apply to them. Hell even in high school if you can ball you don't even have to know how to read......seriously. I knew a guy that was practically illiterate that was able to graduate, becuase he could "play". Thats Texas football....
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
I knew a guy that was practically illiterate that was able to graduate, becuase he could "play". Thats Texas football....
You knew Vince Young!? COOL!!!

TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post

Just about fell off my chair laughing at that one!!! Good one Lucky!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
I knew a guy that was practically illiterate that was able to graduate, becuase he could "play". Thats Texas football....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post

That might make sense if Vince Young didn't come out his junior year.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read