Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-12-2007   #1
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bears game Reliant atmosphere...

What did y'all think? I though for a 1st pre-season, it was a decent crowd, maybe 3/4 to 7/8th's full. Texans used the same video and "Thunderstruck" during opening on the video, which is nice.
I do wish they would upgrade the music when the team is introduced...I would suggest ZZ Top's "La Grange", the song they use now is just overplayed...not sure what it is though.

I like the Home field advantge ads, those were neat. Didn't really notice anything different up where we are, Section 638, as far as the "Gridiron, Texas" theme. SOme guy came by and threw some t-shirts out, but nothing else I noticed.

I know that the on field product will bring with winning more excitement, more 'atmosphere'. It will happen.

One thing that bugs me is how many people sell off their tickets and they end up in the opposing team's fans hands...but again, this will go away with winning.

Pep Band played at 1/2 time, and they had 3 young boys do a football obstacle course. Seems like they could have had a stop watch on the video screen so we could see what the little fellows were running. Plus, maybe more than just 3 kids running too.

I'm not trying to nit pick, but I see areas where the Texans and Reliant can continue to build traditions.

Oh, and we NEED a real cannon!!!!!!!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #2
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bears game Reliant atmosphere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
I do wish they would upgrade the music when the team is introduced...I would suggest ZZ Top's "La Grange", the song they use now is just overplayed...not sure what it is though.

I would cry if they changed the intro song. If I hear it anywhere, it makes me jones for football.

There is no room for a real cannon at the endzones. I guess they could wheel it out of a tunnel but I don't think they would be allowed to have a cannon louder than our current one,
Old 08-12-2007   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i'm guessing you are talking about down with the sickness by disturbed right?
Old 08-13-2007   #4
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I would cry if they changed the intro song. If I hear it anywhere, it makes me jones for football.

There is no room for a real cannon at the endzones. I guess they could wheel it out of a tunnel but I don't think they would be allowed to have a cannon louder than our current one,
I agree... keep the song, it's a Texans tradition!
Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D
Texan_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Need better server training on how to pour $8.50 draft beers.

When we do the players intros how about showing their names on the west and east boards. We have many new faces and therefore had many closed mouths.

Bear fans are usually larger than an average fan so it is kind of a head fake on how many were actually there.

Toro's intro stunk. He could rappel from the rafters every game and I would be happy.

Port a potties looked strategically placed outside. It was a quick scan and I was more concerned about staying dry at the time.

The product on the field looked much better.
Old 08-13-2007   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Keep Down with the Sickness (Disturbed), but seriously, everytime I see the toy cannon, I think Spinal Tap and the Stone Henge scene.
Old 08-13-2007   #7
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
One thing that bugs me is how many people sell off their tickets and they end up in the opposing team's fans hands...but again, this will go away with winning.
Im with you 100% on this one. The Texans need to make the visiting fans walk away from Reliant in a bad mood. I could live my entire life without hearing J-E-T-S, J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS.....ever again.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-13-2007   #8
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 26 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Lee View Post
I agree... keep the song, it's a Texans tradition!
Yeah, gotta keep the traditions and keep the toy cannon. It is a tribute to Jimmy Winn!

Actually I am cool with the cannon we have. It is loud enough, any louder and you will be making everyone deaf in the corner over there.
dskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #9
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

One of my complaints has been the stadium music (whatever they are playing) was never loud enough. I thought they bumped up the volume, and I like it!
It was also refreshing to see so many enthusiastic fans with that long awaited antisipation of a new season. Did anyone try the food? Was it any better?
Old 08-13-2007   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Where I sat, it sucked .. Maybe because it was not 100% full, not sure but they did not yell and get into the game like I was trying to. Not sure what to think.
Old 08-14-2007   #11
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

I think a REAL cannon would need not be any louder than what we have, all it is firing is a blank shot gun shell I would imagine, but it NEEDS to be a REAL cannon! Anytime one person can carry away your cannon, that's not good.

"Disturbed" is played out, but the opening riffs of "La Grange" would absolutely blow you away! Cranked up! ZZ Top is from Houston, the song is about Texas, Marvin just died, c'mon.

Sometimes it seems like the Texans' Front Office/PR department just doesn't want to embrace the rich history of our great State. I'm saying you jump all over whatever you can, the name of the team is Texans afterall.

And yes, they can roll a REAL cannon in and out of the tunnel where the cheerleaders go at 1/2 time.
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Heck it would be better if they just shot that toy cannon from a place where no fans could see it. Had I never seen the cannon but still heard the noise I would think it's still pretty cool. Now that I here the loud "BOOM" but realize it's coming from a cannon that looks like it's the size of my palm it's kind of anti-climatic. Just a little though. The cannon shot is still cool. 4X4 Tahoe probably doesn't think so though.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #13
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked the flames (mushroom cloud) when the players are coming out on the field. I could feel the heat 3 sections away. Must be HOT in the front row of section 115.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Heck it would be better if they just shot that toy cannon from a place where no fans could see it. Had I never seen the cannon but still heard the noise I would think it's still pretty cool. Now that I here the loud "BOOM" but realize it's coming from a cannon that looks like it's the size of my palm it's kind of anti-climatic. Just a little though. The cannon shot is still cool. 4X4 Tahoe probably doesn't think so though.
Again, the sight of that cannon makes me think about Spinal Tap with the Stone Henge props....

4x4Tahoe doesn't think the cannon lends itself to winning...
Old 08-14-2007   #15
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

Quote:
What did y'all think? I though for a 1st pre-season, it was a decent crowd, maybe 3/4 to 7/8th's full. Texans used the same video and "Thunderstruck" during opening on the video, which is nice.

I like the Home field advantge ads, those were neat. Didn't really notice anything different up where we are, Section 638, as far as the "Gridiron, Texas" theme. SOme guy came by and threw some t-shirts out, but nothing else I noticed.

I know that the on field product will bring with winning more excitement, more 'atmosphere'. It will happen.

Pep Band played at 1/2 time, and they had 3 young boys do a football obstacle course. Seems like they could have had a stop watch on the video screen so we could see what the little fellows were running. Plus, maybe more than just 3 kids running too.

I'm not trying to nit pick, but I see areas where the Texans and Reliant can continue to build traditions.

i dont know about that i was there too, and every time that thing went off omg i jumped lol, but yea there were way to many bears fans there
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read