Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-03-2007   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Robinson's aura rubs off on Bennett

Quote:
Fred Bennett is standing beside one of his heroes, the guy he wanted to be just like. About the last thing he could have imagined is that he and Dunta Robinson would be teammates again.
Quote:
During his three seasons, Robinson has been one of the few players who showed his anger at the way the franchise was being operated. He fumed after a 2005 loss in Baltimore. He took a not-so-veiled shot at David Carr last season.

Robinson believes in his heart that things finally are turning the right way, that the Texans really might be respectable.

"You never get used to losing," he said. "No one remembers a loser. This season, we've got a chance to do something we've never done. I think it's the best team we've had. We haven't played a game yet, but I'm optimistic."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/5024087.html

God I can't wait for the season to start.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #2
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Robinson's aura rubs off on Bennett

I get the feeling that Bennett and J Jones will be starting like Koobs did with the good rookies last season.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I love it

Quote:
"I'm a good player," Robinson said, "but I want to be better than that. I've got a lot of personal goals. I know I've got to play a lot better and do my part to help this football team win. I want to go against Andre (Johnson) every practice. I want to go against the guy I think is the best receiver in the game. It's a matter of competing and doing the best I can. When a receiver catches the ball, I'm starting to take that personally. In years past, it was a hand clap and move on to the next play. Now it's personal."
(From DRob)
Old 08-03-2007   #4
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I was wondering on draft day why we were passing on CB's, but when they announced Fred Bennett, I was very happy. How I could forget about the big Gamecock is beyond me.

He will start this season....I know it.
Old 08-03-2007   #5
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
I was wondering on draft day why we were passing on CB's, but when they announced Fred Bennett, I was very happy. How I could forget about the big Gamecock is beyond me.

He will start this season....I know it.
He might at that. He looked pretty good yesterday. The 2nd & 3rd team got lots of reps. And he stayed step-for-step whenever they tried to go long on his side.

And D-Rob IS playing with attitude. I don't think AJ caught but one or two balls on him.

O.D. looks good too. FFL players, don't overlook him. Maybe it was because of the playset they were running but he looks to be Schaub's favorite checkdown option.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard some talk that Bennett may be moved to FS? Is this total speculation?
Old 08-03-2007   #7
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How I could forget about the big Gamecock is beyond me.
I want to place emphasis on this line.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-03-2007   #8
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I want to place emphasis on this line.
Yeah...because you're a PERV!

It was sorta meant to be "funny".
Old 08-03-2007   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

a bunch of fans got mad at Dunta for not accepting losing...but those were mostly Carr fans....you know, the guys that were comfortable with losing.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #10
real

I love D-rob's approach to the game...

I expect a really good season from him...
Old 08-03-2007   #11
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It was sorta meant to be "funny".
It's okay, HuttoKarl.

We're a more open and tolerant society.

You don't have to keep sending subliminal messages with your bananas, esp. the ones that whip.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
a bunch of fans got mad at Dunta for not accepting losing...but those were mostly Carr fans....you know, the guys that were comfortable with losing.
yeah, it's probably the same fans that were saying he's a second rate DB because he can't cover for 10+ seconds while our defensive line takes a nap.
Old 08-03-2007   #13
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yeah, it's probably the same fans that were saying he's a second rate DB because he can't cover for 10+ seconds while our defensive line takes a nap.
must spread my rep.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I have criticized the Safeties, but never D-Rob, but yes a lot of people critize without taking everything into account. It is like the espin way of talking football.
Old 08-03-2007   #15
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I have criticized the Safeties, but never D-Rob, but yes a lot of people critize without taking everything into account. It is like the espin way of talking football.
Do you want this to become a Carr thread?

Old 08-03-2007   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Oh great, now we are becoming DRob apologists. I swear this fan base has a higher excuse-generating potential than any other team I've ever been a fan of.

Is Drob great? Nope. Is he very good? Yes.
Im sorry, but go back and watch the games from last year. Drob visibly gave up on numerous occassions. In instances where he didn't have to cover for 10+ seconds he still gave up position and easy catches to 2nd rate WRs

He had a bad year last year, as did our entire secondary. Is he garbage? Hell no, but he did NOT play to his potential at all. And it wasn't all the DLs fault
Old 08-03-2007   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

6.0 197 lbs and 4.47 at his school's pro day. Bennett has those things. Now if he can get a few plays under his belt, he could ease my worries on the #2 CB. If we can avoid injuries, have good play at CB & #2 WR and our backs do what I think they can = a good season. Our 1st, 3rd & 4th could address FS, LT (if necessary) and center in 08. That does not include free agency with a mite more $ available.
Old 08-03-2007   #18
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Just because you dont overtly critize aplayer does it mean you make excuses. Not at all, I gues I should have not said never. I should have said hardly. I do not think he played his best but I guess I put more of that on his supporting cast without knowing as much as some. I am no expert, if I was I would be coaching ... and I did not see all of the games thanks to being in Austin.

Please explain to me how if someone is not overtly critical, they make excuses. Then again I saw people wanting Kubiak to be fired after one season, so I guess every person who said he should not be fired made excuses. Again, I am not sure what excuses were made. If I made an excuse, I guess I am to stupid to realize it.
Old 08-03-2007   #19
gtexan02
Working?

I was referring more to the post above you where someone claimed people were calling DRob a 2nd rate CB because he couldn't cover for 10+ seconds.

That seemed to be an excuse to me.
Old 08-03-2007   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I was referring more to the post above you where someone claimed people were calling DRob a 2nd rate CB because he couldn't cover for 10+ seconds.

That seemed to be an excuse to me.
I think they were being sarcastic.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read