Houston Watch Parties

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
UPDATE:

The fun starts at 11.

For the next away game, we will meet at Coaches Pub, MapQuest this:

2204 Louisiana St
Houston, TX 77002

(this is Dark Tan, but Coaches Pub is next door in the strip mall)

Bring singles, we'll have SQUARES!

This is not the bar off 290, this is near downtown (midtown), 1/2 block from Pub Fiction!

Dang....

Yankee, I have been trying to PM you back, but everytime I do, I get a message saying that the server is busy..... Arghhhh!

Anyway, YES, that sounds like a plan!!!!

UPDATE:

For the Cardinals game, we will meet at Coaches Pub, MapQuest this:

2204 Louisiana St
Houston, TX 77002
(this is Dark Tan, but it is next door in the strip mall)

Pub may or may not have seating at 3 PM on a Saturday. I will work with coaches to have a reserved seating area for us Saturday :) Still working on expanding their menu.

We will also watch the Tampa Bay game at Coaches - you will not get into pub on a Thursday dressed in Texans gear :)

After those two games, we'll decide which bar we like better.

UPDATE:

For the Cowirls game, we will meet at Coaches Pub, MapQuest this:

2204 Louisiana St
Houston, TX 77002
(this is Datk Tan, but it is next door in the strip mall)

Pub may or may not have seating at 3 PM on a Saturday. I will work with coaches to have a reserved seating area for us Saturday :) Still working on expanding their menu.

We will also watch the Tampa Bay game at Coaches - you will not get into pub on a Thursday dressed in Texans gear :)

After those two games, we'll decide which bar we like better.

Sorry, the brain is unfogging, but did you mean the Cardinals game this coming Saturday?!!?

"These aren't the droids you're looking for"

Sorry. My fog hasn't cleared. Went to Stros yesterday - as we were leaving Stefanie complained about to much drinking and a long weekend. I said firstly - you're too young for such complaints. Secondly - um, we didn't drink today. LOL. Saturday was rough on all of us.

I might drive out...depends. Im in Lamarque, so its looking like an hour. How will I find the message board people?

I'm 6'5....i stand out. It does seem akward, especially considering that most of the people on here already think Im a complete ass.

If I can walk around Blue and Platnium lot asking every tailgate party if they know people from this board and getting all kinds of funny looks, it should not be hard for you to find a group in a bar.

you will not get into pub on a Thursday dressed in Texans gear :)

WHY NOT!!?? Do they not support the Texans? Why would anyone want to support a bar that does not support our Texans? What's wrong with wearing TEXAN gear? Set me straight, maybe I don't understand. I would not give ANY bar one stinkin dime if I was not allowed in their place because I was wearing a Texan shirt!!!!!

Doesn't Pub Fiction have more like a "clubish" atmosphere on certain nights? I know that I went on a Friday night and they card everyone and have a dress code...

WHY NOT!!?? Do they not support the Texans? Why would anyone want to support a bar that does not support our Texans? What's wrong with wearing TEXAN gear? Set me straight, maybe I don't understand. I would not give ANY bar one stinkin dime if I was not allowed in their place because I was wearing a Texan shirt!!!!!

Because 90% of their profit comes from being a club on Thurs, fri, and Sat night. it's simply their business model. They fully support the Texans and the Aggies (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little), and I am sure other Houston teams.

But, simply put, part of their business is their image, which means when it is club mode and not sports bar mode, a certain dress code applies :)

There will be about 20 seats waiting for us Saturday starting around 2 :) The menu has been expanded, including Saturday and Sunday brunch section.

So, it's right at the corner of Louisiana & Webster?
That's close to a Randalls' isnt it?

Gary and I were looking for you yesterday at TC, Yank.
We met Jeff.

Depending on Friday night (for obvious reasons that had already been mentioned in this thread), I'll see if I can drag myself out there.

I wouldnt be surprised if Bill finds himself on the corner of 290 and Jones comes Saturday! Maybe, he'll see me there as well.

JohnsonFan, I'm in Sugar Land also. Ya want to carpool if we both can make it? PM me, and we can try to arrange something.

OK, for those who need a better frame of reference as to where Coaches is, here you go...

Coaches.jpg

Because 90% of their profit comes from being a club on Thurs, fri, and Sat night. it's simply their business model. They fully support the Texans and the Aggies (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little), and I am sure other Houston teams.

But, simply put, part of their business is their image, which means when it is club mode and not sports bar mode, a certain dress code applies :)

In G'ma terms...... This aint G's icehouse out on 225. This is where the uppity people hang-out.

They don't allow kids right???:fans: :fans: :fans:

Poo - they DO have Wifi - I did ask that. I'll try to swing by tonight and ask if they allow kids. I really need to get their phone # from them, lol. If I find out before tomorrow I'll post it in here.

In G'ma terms...... This aint G's icehouse out on 225. This is where the uppity people hang-out.

Well, that sure leaves me out!! BUT, I just might show up on a Thursday night at THE PUB, just to see if they would let me in! I love a challenge, esp when it comes to someone slighting our TEXANS!!:bat:

G's icehouse would be happy if people just showed up with a shirt on PEROID!! I bet they might start handing out free TEXAN shirts, just to get the business!!:doot:

Is Coaches smoke free?

Gary! I'm thinking about going. Let ya know later.

Well, that sure leaves me out!! BUT, I just might show up on a Thursday night at THE PUB, just to see if they would let me in! I love a challenge, esp when it comes to someone slighting our TEXANS!!:bat:

G's icehouse would be happy if people just showed up with a shirt on PEROID!! I bet they might start handing out free TEXAN shirts, just to get the business!!:doot:

Is Coaches smoke free?

Gary! I'm thinking about going. Let ya know later.

I think Sept. 1 ALL bars are smoke free.

http://www.houstontx.gov/health/Environmental/2007smoking.pdf

Yank did you find out about letting kids in?

Nope, I wish, still at work :( It will be later tonight (if I have a chance) and I will post (if I make it up there) late night. So check this thread in the morning.

If I don't post anything, it means I couldn't make it up there, but will be sure to ask tomorrow afternoon!

All - I joined Yank there on Wednesday night, and it was not bad with smoke (and I do have allergies with smoke)... but yes, all bars will be smoke free come the 1st of September.

Spec - I don't think there was a public vote on the non-smoking issue in bars/restaurants, but it will become law no matter...

Gary - As for chair access... I honestly don't know. We might have to move a few chairs around to get you in there (the place is a little small), but I don't see any problem beyond that as far as your chair... now we just need to find out if they will let kids in to begin with (I honestly don't see an issue with that either).

Back