Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 07-30-2007   #1
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vince not lighting it up in camp

Since I can't post on Titansonline anymore I saw this link on a Jags site.

http://forums.titansonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=27649

Looks like some Titan fans are starting to wonder about Vince's INTs in training camp. Of Course some have started blaiming it on the WRs. So a question comes to mind.

Should I be laughing at Vince's ability to throw or their WRs ability to catch?

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #2
Brazos-V
Oilers/Titans

Default Re: Vince not lighting it up in camp

This info is from the TOMB....... thats all I needed to hear.

I'm hearing a much different story out of Titans camp. VY is getting better.
Brazos-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #3
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

This quote from a Titans writer seems to back that from the TOMB up.

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

Quote:
As for second-year quarterback Vince Young, he passes the eye test with high marks. He looks a lot more comfortable than he did last season, even if all his passes still aren't on target.
To me that means he looks like a QB, but is having problems getting the ball to the right place. If a Titans beat writer is saying this how bad is it.

Old 07-30-2007   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

After day 4 of camp, I'd just chalk it up as 6 months of rust.

No reasons to get our hopes up yet.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #5
Overalls
Hall of Fame

I expect Vince to be the Titans best player and I know it is just TC, but I still enjoy seeing that the mighty Vince is human. Some still on this board would like to believe that Vince would walk on water if he didn't want to get his feet wet.

Old 07-30-2007   #6
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

they have put him on a very high pedestal. It will be a long drop to the bottom if he doesn't pan out.
Old 07-30-2007   #7
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

"This is just a poor and misinformed post. VY is not the terrible passer people make him out to be. His numbers passing last season weren't great, but they weren't that bad considering he was a rookie who could have been playing his senior year at Texas, plus they got better as the season went on.

Look, his Jr. year Vince passed for over 3,000 yards, 65% completion percentage, 26 TD's, 10 Int's. That's 230 yards passing per game over 13 games, and you have to remember that in probably 8 of those games, Vince played little or none in the second half because Texas had big leads. If Texas had been in more close games, Vince could have gotten a LOT more passing stats than he did as that Texas offense was almost unstoppable with Vince at the helm. He was also top 3 in the country in passer rating that year (ahead of Cutler and Leinart). " quoted from their thread.

You are right - they do think VY can walk on water - only problem with all those stats from his jr year was that they were playing college football - not NFL football.
Old 07-30-2007   #8
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

He should'nt be lighting it up ... look what happened to Ricky Williams .
Old 07-30-2007   #9
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
only problem with all those stats from his jr year was that they were playing college football - not NFL football.
Signed,

Every player who's ever come out of college
Old 07-30-2007   #10
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
I expect Vince to be the Titans best player and I know it is just TC, but I still enjoy seeing that the mighty Vince is human. Some still on this board would like to believe that Vince would walk on water if he didn't want to get his feet wet.
Vince's feet actually repel water so the worry of them getting wet is a myth.

On a side note water rot was found on Mario"Green Toe" Williams this afternoon.

Dr's say:

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #11
real

Vince will be fine....
Old 07-31-2007   #12
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a fan of homie, & since we've got mario i've refused to look back, but if you want to see the guy fail that bad, you should hire some Tanya harding goons to put in work on his knees.

It's the 4th day of training camp man, I'm sure everyone's a little rusty.... except for Peyton manning, he probably has harrison & Wayne at his house everyday in the offseason so they can practice.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #13
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not buying the rust thing, he's had OTAs and any and all informal session he could sting together; and if he's as good as some make him out to be here why would he need to knock the rust off? Nowadays these guys are full-time professional atheletes, and should be counted on to do enough on their own to keep themselves atleast remotely sharp.

I'm not tsaying he sucks, but the lack of a decent WR corps and the lose of Pac-Man will hurt the Titans more this year then I think they are imagining as this time.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I'm not a fan of homie, & since we've got mario i've refused to look back, but if you want to see the guy fail that bad, you should hire some Tanya harding goons to put in work on his knees.

It's the 4th day of training camp man, I'm sure everyone's a little rusty.... except for Peyton manning, he probably has harrison & Wayne at his house everyday in the offseason so they can practice.
There's a guest room at the Manning Mansion and it's called The Harrison Room. The Wayne Room and the Clark Rooms aren't used as often but they're there, too. They've just remodeled and added the Gonzo Room.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear Vince is doing well in camp. I still have a lot of buddies up in Nashvegas since I lived there for a few years. I miss Nashville at this time of year (weather). If you want to see lots of picks just look at our Texans camp vids...we got them by the bushels.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #16
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
I'm not buying the rust thing, he's had OTAs and any and all informal session he could sting together; and if he's as good as some make him out to be here why would he need to knock the rust off?
LOL, some of you guys amaze me.....you want to see the guy fail SOOOOOOOOOOO bad, because the Texans were stupid when they didn't draft him...he kicked our ass last season (like he gets payed to do) and now we have check ups on how he's doing on his first days in training camp....Vince will be fine...no I take that back he'll be better than fine come that first sunday.....your comment spells "hatred" homie....I don't think there's one player in any professional sport that doesn't come into training camp without any rust.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
After day 4 of camp, I'd just chalk it up as 6 months of rust.
I would agree, if they hadn't made a big deal about VY flying, providing lodging and working out with all of his receivers here in Houston, this off-season...
Old 07-31-2007   #18
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I hear Vince is doing well in camp. I still have a lot of buddies up in Nashvegas since I lived there for a few years. I miss Nashville at this time of year (weather). If you want to see lots of picks just look at our Texans camp vids...we got them by the bushels.
Training camp has just started so every mear mortal should be still trying to get it together, but Vince is "the greatest QB to ever walk the earth". How could you even dare to compair him to a career back up like Matt Schaub.

Old 07-31-2007   #19
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I would agree, if they hadn't made a big deal about VY flying, providing lodging and working out with all of his receivers here in Houston, this off-season...
He did the same type of thing last year in AZ but not on his dime. I just think he is a guy willing to put in that extra time to notch himself up a bit.

Old 07-31-2007   #20
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Training camp has just started so every mear mortal should be still trying to get it together, but Vince is "the greatest QB to ever walk the earth". How could you even dare to compair him to a career back up like Matt Schaub.
Don't worry I won't.

Young after 8 games

Shammy after 8 games

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read