Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-31-2007   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Can one play turn this team around ?

I was thinking , can one spectacular play turn this team into a winner and what would it be ?

What if the Texans beat the Chiefs and then in Carolina ... at the 50yd line with 2:50 to go , the Panthers have a 3rd and 8yds to go for a first down leading by 6 points .

The Texans are out of timeouts and if the Panthers convert and get a fieldgoal it's over .

Delhomme is back to pass , Mario beats his man and knocks Ol' Jake senseless ... Jake fumbles and Demeco recovers and runs 45 yards for a TD .

Texans win by 8 because they put in YKW after the kickoff and he throws a slant to Dunta who jumped the route .

Just a thought .
Old 07-31-2007   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can one play turn this team around ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I was thinking , can one spectacular play turn this team into a winner and what would it be ?

What if the Texans beat the Chiefs and then in Carolina ... at the 50yd line with 2:50 to go , the Panthers have a 3rd and 8yds to go for a first down leading by 6 points .

The Texans are out of timeouts and if the Panthers convert and get a fieldgoal it's over .

Delhomme is back to pass , Mario beats his man and knocks Ol' Dave senseless ... Dave fumbles and Demeco recovers and runs 45 yards for a TD .

Just a thought .
making it more realistic
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

At some point, we will probably have some play or small group of plays that will make it seem that way, but it won't really be the play(s). It'll really be the progression of finally having a good GM and good coaching staff for a long enough length of time, however much that is.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #4
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I think one play or a few good ones early in the season can go a long way into propelling this team to a winning season. Assuredly winning the first two games this y ear will help a lot and i think it's pretty realistic.The NFC South this year is really a mixed bag and i three out of the four teams you don't really know what you're going to get. My bigger concern is handling our own division

People talk about games being circled. I have a feeling there is a handfull circled on many Texans lockers.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Big plays help and bad plays hinder.

Remember last year? We were 3-1 after preseason. We were riding high. Then Philly came and we were down. Then Miami came and we were up. Then Tennessee came and we were down.

Big plays work for every team
Old 07-31-2007   #6
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 116 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
making it more realistic
At least someone agrees with me. Delholme won't make it past preseason. Carr's playing with a chip on his shoulder and will have a big year.

thankfully we only have to face them once.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #7
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about one play.

These are things I would like to see:

1. A two minute drill that works.

2. Passes downfield and in the middle of the field.

3. Against good running teams, a run defense that doesn't have the consistency of melted velveeta.

4. A defense that the league fears. You know, where fantasy players aren't just following the Texans to start players from the opposing offense.

5. No drive killing fumbled snaps.

Sorry, I was experiencing flashbacks. Let me continue....

6. A punting game that doesn't frighten me. ("Stanley from his own 15....gah")

7. Getting the opposing offense in obvious passing downs more often, and then taking advantage of that.

8. Not having an unnatural aversion to the number 8.
Old 07-31-2007   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224914 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
At least someone agrees with me. Delholme won't make it past preseason. Carr's playing with a chip on his shoulder and will have a big year.

thankfully we only have to face them once.
Carr has zero chance of beating Delhomme out during preseason.
Old 07-31-2007   #9
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Absolutely, one play can be the beginning of something very amazing!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

If there were to be a single play that'd turn the team around, I'd guess it would be the winning fieldgoal against the Colts last season. If that couldn't get their attention, what can?
Old 07-31-2007   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, if the Velveeta was thick and tall enough.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #12
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Rep Power: 116 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Carr has zero chance of beating Delhomme out during preseason.
Why do you think he was brought in. They're in the same situation Kubiak was in. Delhomme has lost his touch with deep throws and Carr will be a next to perfect fit with Smith who is the best deep ball guy in the country and although Jarret dosen't have the speed he still has the hands to help out an off target short to mid range pass.
Old 07-31-2007   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why do you think he was brought in. They're in the same situation Kubiak was in. Delhomme has lost his touch with deep throws and Carr will be a next to perfect fit with Smith who is the best deep ball guy in the country and although Jarret dosen't have the speed he still has the hands to help out an off target short to mid range pass.
He was brought in to be their backup QB. Their previous backup was probably the only QB in the league that was worse than $#%@. So, what other choice did they have? Keep Weinke?
Old 07-31-2007   #14
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

1. A two minute drill that works.

2. Passes downfield and in the middle of the field.

3. Against good running teams, a run defense that doesn't have the consistency of melted velveeta.

4. A defense that the league fears. You know, where fantasy players aren't just following the Texans to start players from the opposing offense.

5. No drive killing fumbled snaps.

6. A punting game that doesn't frighten me. ("Stanley from his own 15....gah")

7. Getting the opposing offense in obvious passing downs more often, and then taking advantage of that.

Funny girl.
Old 07-31-2007   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

1. A two minute drill that works. WE ARE SO FAR AHEAD, WE DON'T NEED A DRILL.

2. Passes downfield and in the middle of the field. THAT ARE CAUGHT WITH SOME YARDS AFTER CATCH.

3. Against good running teams, a run defense that doesn't have the consistency of melted velveeta. D'LINE THAT STAYS HEALTHY LONGER THAN IT TAKES TO MELT SAID CHEESE.

4. A defense that the league fears. You know, where fantasy players aren't just following the Texans to start players from the opposing offense. OR IF NOT, THE PLAYERS REIMBURSE MCNAIR.

5. No drive killing fumbled snaps. A DRIVE? WHAT'S THAT?

6. A punting game that doesn't frighten me. ("Stanley from his own 15....gah") HOW ABOUT A SCORE TO REDUCE PUNT ATTEMPTS? MAKE STANLEY AN ALL PRO FOR STAYING ON THE BENCH.

7. Getting the opposing offense in obvious passing downs more often, and then taking advantage of that. HAVING A #2 CB ONCE THAT OFFENSE IS IN AN OBVIOUS PASSING SITUATION.

MENTALLY TURN THE 8 ON IT'S SIDE & IT IS THE INFINITY SYMBOL! tHEN REALIZE IT WAS NOT AN INFINITY JUST 5 YEARS.
Old 07-31-2007   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224914 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Delhomme has lost his touch with deep throws and Carr will be a next to perfect fit with Smith who is the best deep ball guy in the country.
Carr and deep ball don't belong in the same sentence.

Delhomme's lost touch still had 30 completions of 20+ and 7 of 40+ (on 40 less attempts) compared to Carr's 25 and 3 (most of which came off of YAC).
Old 07-31-2007   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Carr and deep ball don't belong in the same sentence.
Neither does Carr and perfect. shades:
Old 07-31-2007   #18
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
He was brought in to be their backup QB. Their previous backup was probably the only QB in the league that was worse than $#%@. So, what other choice did they have? Keep Weinke?
They passed up Harrington for him.
Old 07-31-2007   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
No comment needed. You proved my point.
Old 07-31-2007   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
WOW, That proves it right there folks, Carr all the way to the Superbowl
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read