Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-31-2007   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Titans Report

Not sure if this belongs here. Anyone catch the Titans report on 610 this morning? According to (I think he was Titans radio?) their young wide receivers are all studs, and the loss of Bennet has been overcome. LenDale will excel if he hangs tough, and Chris Henry and Brown will be a strong tandem if not.

And I thought WE had homers.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Not sure if this belongs here. Anyone catch the Titans report on 610 this morning? According to (I think he was Titans radio?) their young wide receivers are all studs, and the loss of Bennet has been overcome. LenDale will excel if he hangs tough, and Chris Henry and Brown will be a strong tandem if not.

And I thought WE had homers.

Every team has homers. At this point in the season, unless you really hate your front office, you're sure you're going to make some noise. I mean, most of us are pretty positive about next year and our team has never even had a winning season. The Titans fans can look back a few years ago, and they were dominating the division. They've got to think they're just a few tweaks away from the SB again. The Jags fans can look back and 2 years ago, they were 12-4 and last year, if we hadn't swept them, they would have been back in the playoffs. They're not going to think they're cellar dwellers next year.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Titans Report

I would cry if my team was headed toward a playoff season and lost the best CB, RB, and WR in one offseason :-(
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 07-31-2007   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would cry if my team was headed toward a playoff season and lost the best CB, RB, and WR in one offseason :-(

AND that CB that you lost was your best kick returner who had won a few games for you.

Yeah, that would not be good.

But, on the other hand, you've got the OROY.

No wonder Titans fans are schizoid.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Cool Re: Titans Report

Atlanta should trade for him
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 07-31-2007   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LenDale will excel if he hangs tough
I dunno, but does that mean they're optimistic about LenDale getting his weight under 300 pounds ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno, but does that mean they're optimistic about LenDale getting his weight under 300 pounds ?
Hes running well and around 240.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-31-2007   #8
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Best I can figure, the average titan fan is such a homer as they are such a smallish town with not many other sports distractions or history.

Put it this way...they are more likely to offer differing opinions on such things as ossum hunting and dating family members.
Old 07-31-2007   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 39800 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I mean, most of us are pretty positive about next year and our team has never even had a winning season. The Titans fans can look back a few years ago, and they were dominating the division.
In addition, they finished the season 7-1, IIRC. Look how pumped Texan fans are after winning two in a row to close out an otherwise poor year. Picture this board if the Texans had gone on that kind of tear to end the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Best I can figure, the average titan fan is such a homer as they are such a smallish town with not many other sports distractions or history.

Put it this way...they are more likely to offer differing opinions on such things as ossum hunting and dating family members.
Hmmm.....I'm not sure I consider the average Texans fan all that cosmopolitan either (I'm now ducking for cover).
Old 07-31-2007   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Hmmm.....I'm not sure I consider the average Texans fan all that cosmopolitan either (I'm now ducking for cover).
Cool... Can we get rid of the club level people??
Old 07-31-2007   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 368131 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In addition, they finished the season 7-1, IIRC.
Actually, 6-1 or if you want to look back two more games 6-3. Definitely a stronger run than our 2-0 or 3-2 finish though.

Quote:
Look how pumped Texan fans are after winning two in a row to close out an otherwise poor year.. Picture this board if the Texans had gone on that kind of tear to end the season.
True, but on the other hand there would certainly be folks here lamenting the prospects for replacing the top two WR's, top RB, top CB, pro-bowl KR/PR all at one time while having made basically zero moves while sitting on top of a pile of cap room. There is a reason the Titans have received miserable off-season grades for the most part.
Old 07-31-2007   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post

I went to Titans games for 3 years up in Memphis, to Vandy then over to the stadium formerly known as Aldelphia....some of the most intelligent football fans I've been around. They have been around SEC football for a while...they have sharp, intelligent crowds. At least these guys know to shut up when they have the ball. Our fans still have issues with this.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 39800 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In addition, they finished the season 7-1, IIRC. Look how pumped Texan fans are after winning two in a row to close out an otherwise poor year. Picture this board if the Texans had gone on that kind of tear to end the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Actually, 6-1 or if you want to look back two more games 6-3. Definitely a stronger run than our 2-0 or 3-2 finish though.

True, but on the other hand there would certainly be folks here lamenting the prospects for replacing the top two WR's, top RB, top CB, pro-bowl KR/PR all at one time while having made basically zero moves while sitting on top of a pile of cap room. There is a reason the Titans have received miserable off-season grades for the most part.
So the people we're making fun of are no different than us. That's about right.
Old 07-31-2007   #14
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 77683 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I would hope not, thats a girls drink.

Cosmo recipe
print save comments
Scale ingredients to servings
1 1/2 oz vodka
3/4 oz triple sec
3/4 oz cranberry juice
1 oz fresh lime juice

Pour the vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice and lime juice into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #15
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 77683 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I went to Titans games for 3 years up in Memphis, to Vandy then over to the stadium formerly known as Aldelphia....some of the most intelligent football fans I've been around. They have been around SEC football for a while...they have sharp, intelligent crowds. At least these guys know to shut up when they have the ball. Our fans still have issues with this.
(whistle blows ref walks out)

Inner divisional complimenting infraction.......(swinging arm in Vinny's direction) on the moderator, number 30. He must wear a Carr jersey for a week with a smile, and loss of down. 4th down.

Old 07-31-2007   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I would hope not, thats a girls drink.

Cosmo recipe
print save comments
Scale ingredients to servings
1 1/2 oz vodka
3/4 oz triple sec
3/4 oz cranberry juice
1 oz fresh lime juice

Pour the vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice and lime juice into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve
For the mixologist touch, garnish with a Jolly Rancher. The apple Jolly Ranchers are great for Sour Apple Martinis* too.

*I hate to misuse the word "martini" when I should say "cocktail", but I have to go with the common names here. I personally haven't come to terms with vodka martinis, much less these sweet drinks. Gin, vermouth, olives. That is all.
Old 07-31-2007   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
(whistle blows ref walks out)

Inner divisional complimenting infraction.......(swinging arm in Vinny's direction) on the moderator, number 30. He must wear a Carr jersey for a week with a smile, and loss of down. 4th down.
Can't you just pull his toenails for the love of God .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
For the mixologist touch, garnish with a Jolly Rancher. The apple Jolly Ranchers are great for Sour Apple Martinis* too.

*I hate to misuse the word "martini" when I should say "cocktail", but I have to go with the common names here. I personally haven't come to terms with vodka martinis, much less these sweet drinks. Gin, vermouth, olives. That is all.
Being the Scrubs fan that I am, is that an appletini, hold the tini?

Old 07-31-2007   #19
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
i tried to rep you for that mini-rant, but i must spread the stuff around first.
Old 07-31-2007   #20
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Darnet............now I want an apple Jolly Rancher. I havent had one of those since high school.

Always got a pack out of the vending machine right before detention.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read