Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-30-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Unsigned Quinn misses 4th day of Browns camp

Quote:
BEREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns rookie quarterback Brady Quinn missed his fourth day of training camp Monday in a contract holdout that shows no signs of ending anytime soon for the first-round draft pick.

Quinn, who figures to compete for the starting job with Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson, has missed six practices so far.

Browns general manager Phil Savage has been in negotiations with Quinn's agent, Tom Condon, but the team said there was nothing new to report.

"I'm glad we've got the other guys out there," Savage said. "If anything, it's given Charlie and Derek the chance to get more reps, and that's a positive."

Savage characterized talks with Condon as "in the same neighborhood, but not on the same street
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2954946

wow no hometown discount esp after all the "rah rah rah, my dream is to play of Cleveland etc etc hype"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #2
real

Default Re: Unsigned Quinn misses 4th day of Browns camp

Brady Quinn has B-U-S-T written all over him...
Old 07-30-2007   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Prior to the Schaub trade, I was really afraid we were going to end up with this guy.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #4
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

the 22nd pick is acting like a #2 pick.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #5
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Poor Browns .... they knew passing on Quinn was a good idea in the beggining and now they realize why hey should never draft a QB again.

Couch ....

Fry ....

Quinn .... ?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #6
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Brady Quinn has C-A-R-R written all over him...
sorry, i couldnt resist. brady quinn has "bust" tattoo'd across his forehead and is an exact replica of carr in football terms. all the physical tools with no head attached.
Old 07-31-2007   #7
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BCarrFree View Post
More evidence that the guy fell to #22 for a reason...
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-31-2007   #8
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Unsigned Quinn misses 4th day of Browns camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BCarrFree View Post
They NEED to make a stand for all the other teams; draft picks demanding money is getting our of control. Every year they have a new made up reason. What's his?

A. I went to Notre Dame.
B. Do you KNOW who I am?
C. I was a top 5 pick.
D. I'm pretty, white, family oriented, and religious. (sorry, couldn't resist)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think he should get paid more than his draft position, but anyone who thinks he is going to be a huge bust already is kidding themselves.

He may not make a huge impact already, but he proved himself at ND in my opinion, and I think he's going to make the Browns a much better team midway through the season
Old 07-31-2007   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I dont think he should get paid more than his draft position, but anyone who thinks he is going to be a huge bust already is kidding themselves.

He may not make a huge impact already, but he proved himself at ND in my opinion, and I think he's going to make the Browns a much better team midway through the season
What is it that he proved at ND that makes you think he will have a huge impact in the NFL?
Old 07-31-2007   #11
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Brady Quinn has B-U-S-T written all over him...
Word....dude wants to be treated like he was a top 10 pick.....

Quote:
What is it that he proved at ND that makes you think he will have a huge impact in the NFL?
exactly....out of the 5 or 6 ND games I watched last year Quinn didn't impress me one bit...he seems like he's mistake prone and now with this hold out he looks like a jerk also
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been calling for quinn as a bust for literally months now...was absolutely terrified of him ending up here. That cold sweat lasted from the second the dolphins passed on him until we got amobi.....man he is going to suck.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

He proved he can win games without much support, without much of an OL, and without any defense.

He has good form, good pocket presence, and good arm strength.

I dont seem to get why people are so quick to label him a bust?

I mean, Im pretty sure NFL talent scouts wouldn't have rated him in the top 3 of college QBs if he was complete trash, right?
Old 07-31-2007   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He proved he can win games without much support, without much of an OL, and without any defense.

I mean, Im pretty sure NFL talent scouts wouldn't have rated him in the top 3 of college QBs if he was complete trash, right?
He played for Notre Dame, not an expansion team. I think he will be more Mirer than Montana myself. Parts is parts and hype is hype.
Old 07-31-2007   #15
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Before the draft I thought he was the most overrated player on the most overrated team and I will continue to think that until he proves otherwise.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #16
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

see boller, Kyle
Leaf, Ryan
Couch, Tim
Smith, Akili
Carr, David
Harrington, Joey

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #17
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
They NEED to make a stand for all the other teams; draft picks demanding money is getting our of control. Every year they have a new made up reason. What's his?

A. I went to Notre Dame.
B. Do you KNOW who I am?
C. I was a top 5 pick.
D. I'm pretty, white, family oriented, and religious. (sorry, couldn't resist)
E. I like to touch the crotchs of other men...ahhh...boys

C'mon we've all seen the photos...right?

Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
E. I like to touch the crotchs of other men...ahhh...boys

C'mon we've all seen the photos...right?
There is a time and place for that type of behavior and its called Notre Dame.
Old 07-31-2007   #19
gtexan02
Working?

Now this is just turning ridiculous.

First of all, some of those QBs failed because of the system they were put into. I still believe that David's biggest problem was his own mental toughness. Same with Ryan Leaf.

Second, you listed 6 QBs in the how many years of NFL drafting? If you look at the numbers of QBs drafted in the 1st round, I guarantee you more have been sucessful than failures. And I will also guarantee you that as you move furhter down into the later rounds the % sucess continues to get lower and lower.

Why? Because NFL talent scouts scout talent. Its their job. As much as we'd all love to assume we have some sort of insight thats better than talent scouts, the fact of the matter is we don't. So if a majority of teams rate him as 1st round talent, Im going to go with that until I see otherwise

Second of all, if this is an argument about football, why not keep it about football instead of bringing up some picture? Sports players have always been too close to homosexual in my opinion, but its just the culture I guess. If you doubt me, go watch the video of Aramis Ramirez on the Lance Z blog page.
Old 07-31-2007   #20
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now this is just turning ridiculous.

First of all, some of those QBs failed because of the system they were put into. I still believe that David's biggest problem was his own mental toughness. Same with Ryan Leaf.

Second, you listed 6 QBs in the how many years of NFL drafting? If you look at the numbers of QBs drafted in the 1st round, I guarantee you more have been sucessful than failures. And I will also guarantee you that as you move furhter down into the later rounds the % sucess continues to get lower and lower.

Why? Because NFL talent scouts scout talent. Its their job. As much as we'd all love to assume we have some sort of insight thats better than talent scouts, the fact of the matter is we don't. So if a majority of teams rate him as 1st round talent, Im going to go with that until I see otherwise

Second of all, if this is an argument about football, why not keep it about football instead of bringing up some picture? Sports players have always been too close to homosexual in my opinion, but its just the culture I guess. If you doubt me, go watch the video of Aramis Ramirez on the Lance Z blog page.
Dude, lighten up.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read