Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-30-2007   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Coach Marciano on Mathis

610 radio has Coach M. discussing Jerome. tidbits: Coaches like him. He has made every practice. When healthy, better than others. He appears to be healthy. Very competitve. When asked if kicks and punts may be an overload, Coach said maybe but did not develop this. Also was asked about punter. He replied that the veteran is the guy and mentioned his stats. "We adjusted his approach to correct his misses." I was on telephone and missed some of what he said.
Old 07-30-2007   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coach Marciano on Mathis

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Also was asked about punter. He replied that the veteran is the guy and mentioned his stats.

Nooooooooo
Old 07-30-2007   #3
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
610 radio has Coach M. discussing Jerome. tidbits: Coaches like him. He has made every practice. When healthy, better than others. He appears to be healthy. Very competitve. When asked if kicks and punts may be an overload, Coach said maybe but did not develop this. Also was asked about punter. He replied that the veteran is the guy and mentioned his stats. "We adjusted his approach to correct his misses." I was on telephone and missed some of what he said.

I heard that the punters are neck and neck as far as the competition goes. So Chad still has a chance.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
I heard that the punters are neck and neck as far as the competition goes. So Chad still has a chance.
McClain this morning said Turk really has looked good. They did goal line drill where they are backed up to the back of the endzone and Turn allegedly hit 2-3 60 yarders and his one "shank" was 45 yards. So we shall see.
Old 07-30-2007   #5
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
McClain this morning said Turk really has looked good. They did goal line drill where they are backed up to the back of the endzone and Turn allegedly hit 2-3 60 yarders and his one "shank" was 45 yards. So we shall see.
That shank is further than Stanley can boot it period.
Old 07-30-2007   #6
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Stanley dreams of kicking a 45 yard punt with hang time.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #7
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Stanley's days are numbered. We need to find someone that can boot that ball.
Old 07-30-2007   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I kicked a 45 yarder with 5 seconds air time yesterday with a soccer ball on a muddy field.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

#1 Punter--Turk

#2 Punter --Mexican Texan

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, in terms of what he said about Stanley being the guy...I would say that Marciano is a very nice guy.

He's playing politics and trying to accomodate the incumbent punter.

But all I hear from posters who are at camp, reporting to us each day, is that Turk is booming the ball.

At the end of the day, surely the coaches can see what we see?

Old 07-31-2007   #11
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
Well, in terms of what he said about Stanley being the guy...I would say that Marciano is a very nice guy.
He said the veteran was the guy.

Did he mean the Texans veteran or the older player?
Old 07-31-2007   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post

He was refering to Stanley as the veteran. The overall impression I got (with one ear on radio and the other on the telephone conversation) was that Stanley is still the man and Mathis is going to be on the final roster as of the time of the interview. To be honest, while I am a Mathis booster, other posts have me thinking Jerome is a lame duck pro bowler. I remember looking around at my radio thinking, "that coach just indicated Mathis is in the lead as long as he remains healthy". Again, that was my impresssion. It seemed to have taken the 610 guys by surprise also as one of them then asked if Marciano thought punts and kicks were too much for Mathis.

Speaking to the punter issue, you guys and Turk can kick 60 yarders all day, but Marciano knows how Stanley does when 11 guys are trying to dismember him in a real game. I hear the frustration but barring Stanley falling apart in TC, I do not anticipate a change.
Old 07-31-2007   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I'm more concerned about Kris Brown than I am about Stanley. Stanley had a bad year last year, but he has done very well in the past. Brown has had a very poor run of three years now, but he made one critical boot vs. Indy, so he gets a pass. WTF, over?
Old 07-31-2007   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Speaking to the punter issue, you guys and Turk can kick 60 yarders all day, but Marciano knows how Stanley does when 11 guys are trying to dismember him in a real game. I hear the frustration but barring Stanley falling apart in TC, I do not anticipate a change.
Like Turk and his three pro-bowls doesn't know how to kick in a real game?
Old 07-31-2007   #15
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
At the end of the day, surely the coaches can see what we see?

OH MY GOD! Pulease tell me you didn't say that. You've been a poster on this MB for how long now, and you still would utter those words????

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Like Turk and his three pro-bowls doesn't know how to kick in a real game?
My point was Marciano has worked with Stanley. I think most incumbants have an edge.
Old 07-31-2007   #17
real

Quote:
My point was Marciano has worked with Stanley. I think most incumbants have an edge.
Even if the incumbant sucks ?
Old 07-31-2007   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe Marciano should run for President.
Old 07-31-2007   #19
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

i think everyone is already looking at turk to win the spot over chad. marciano might not want to see it, but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out we need someone who can punt the ball further and with more hangtime. someone above marciano will override his decision if he decides to keep chad.

as for mathis, i think he will probably get hurt before the season starts.
Old 07-31-2007   #20
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730 View Post
i think everyone is already looking at turk to win the spot over chad. marciano might not want to see it, but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out we need someone who can punt the ball further and with more hangtime. someone above marciano will override his decision if he decides to keep chad.
The one thing they have always said about Stanley is his ability to stick it inside the 20. It's the sticking inside our own 20 that concerns me. lol

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read