Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-30-2007   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default DLineman Tim Bulman ?

TRANSACTIONS: Signed as an undrafted free agent by Arizona Cardinals on April 25, 2005…Released by Cardinals on September 3, 2005…Signed by Cardinals to practice squad on September 4, 2005…Activated to active roster on November 8, 2005…Granted free agency of March 11, 2006…Re-signed by Cardinals on April 3, 2006…Released by Cardinals on September 2, 2006…Signed to the Houston Texans practice squad on October 10, 2006…Activated from Texans practice squad on December 23, 2006...Re-signed by the Texans on March 29, 2007.
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/pl...?player_id=261
Lance Zierland, local NFL blogger for the Chronicle who used to be on SR 610, has said in the last few days that this guy has looked really good in TC so far, and has given all the OLineman problems that he's gone up against. He thinks Bulman might have a good chance of making the DLine rotation for the regular season ?
This was the first I'd even heard the guys name ? I haven't been to a TC session, so anybody got a look at him or know anything about him beyond this basic info in the Texans bio section ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #2
real

Default Re: DLineman Tim Bulman ?

I heard the tid bit you're talking about from Lancce Z...

I've never heard of him either, but I'm going to this saturday's practice with a roster in hand so I'll be able to see for myslef...
Old 07-30-2007   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I haven't been to a TC session, so anybody got a look at him or know anything about him beyond this basic info in the Texans bio section ?
He played on the 3rd string line and got some penetration on his pass rush. I think he tipped a couple of passes this weekend. But, it's early. Like any longshot in camp, his best bet is to stay healthy and hope he's needed.
Old 07-30-2007   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

anyone have any random opinions on what they have seen of Winston so far?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #5
texansturningthecorner
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
as far as bulman or how ever you spell it he stuck out to me to, made some playse and was getting to the quarter back. it was with the third string thouigh.

as far as winston he has looked good, i saw him get jacked back by babin on one play that sticks out to me, but other than that the line has looked prety good.
texansturningthecorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In a specific comment by Lance Z involving both Winston & Bulman, LZ said that Bulman ate his lunch in the one-on-ones.
Old 07-30-2007   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was at the Saturday afternoon's practice and only targeted him a couple times. He did his job the plays I watched him.

Why do you ask? Have you seen different?

On another note, did anyone take notice how large Malone looks? He appears much larger than last year.
Old 07-30-2007   #8
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

He's got an extremely outside chance of making the team but I doubt that he'll make the top eight. The only way he makes it is if he can make the coaches think he is worth to keep around so they can sack Johnson or Babin and keep the bank in tact... oops, to late.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #9
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

If Tim Bulman is doing great against our oline MS better have a VERY fast release.

Sometimes though, when given the chance, guys can make a name for themselves. I believe he is a DT and we do need help there.

Actually, I was just looking at his bio and his college career was better than Amobi's with 17, yes 17, DID I SAY17, sacks his senior season with Boston College. Could be a sleeper.

Go Texans!
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #10
real

The offense is always going to be behind the defense at the beggining of the year...Such is football...
Old 07-30-2007   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Keep the Winston reports coming fellas. thanks for the heads up.

Never heard of Tim Bulman. Well if he gets fires lit under TJ, that would be a good thing. The way Zonna laid down on the rushing d at the end of the season, makes you wonder why this guy wasn't in the games last year ? inside guy at 292 ? Maybe he's a 3rd down sub for Okoye and Weaver prospect ?
Old 07-30-2007   #12
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
The offense is always going to be behind the defense at the beggining of the year...Such is football...
And hopefully, if our defensive line has really improved, they can make our offensive line better through competition during practice.
Old 07-30-2007   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

2005 DT's

1. Travis Johnson Florida St.
2. Shaun Cody USC
3. Luis Castillo Northwestern
4. Mike Patterson USC
5. Anttaj Hawthorne Wisconsin
6. C.J. Mosley Missouri
7. Jonathan Babineaux Iowa
8. Atiyyah Ellison Missouri
9. Ronald Fields Mississippi St.
10. Darrell Shropshire South Carolina
11. Lorenzo Alexander California
12. Sione Pouha Utah
13. Jay Ratliff Auburn
14. Lynn McGruder Oklahoma
15. Antonio Bryant Alabama
16. Tim Bulman Boston College
17. Jason Jefferson Wisconsin
18. Eric Coleman Clemson
19. Andrew Hoffman, Virginia
20. Matt McChesney, Colorado
21. Kevin Vickerson Michigan St.
22. A.J. Lindsay Temple
23. Larry Burt Miami (OH)
24. Santonio Thomas Miami (FL)
25. Albert Means Memphis
Old 07-30-2007   #14
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Bulman was playing on the 3rd string DLine, I wouldn't be getting too excited him beating the OLine... after all it is 3rd string.

How many DT's will the team be keeping??
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Why do you ask? Have you seen different?
Speaking for myself, I'm curious too. When I watched Winston last year I didn't see the dominant right tackle many did. I certainly didn't see "the best left tackle on the team" as I saw him referred to somewhere on these boards recently. He may develop into the apotheosis of the offensive tackle position; I just don't think he's nearly there yet. He seemed a little rough and over matched at times last year, as many would expect a rookie o-lineman to be.

However, I am a well known o-line pessimist so take all this for what it is worth.
Old 07-30-2007   #16
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
If Bulman was playing on the 3rd string DLine, I wouldn't be getting too excited him beating the OLine... after all it is 3rd string.

How many DT's will the team be keeping??
I would think 8-10 plus another on the practice squad for worst case scenarios.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #17
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year the Texans went into Week 1 with 9 DLs:

Weaver, Travis J, Payne, Mario, Malone, Thomas J, Kalu, Babin, Peek

They now have 16 DLs in camp.
Weaver, Okoye, Maddox and Mario are your starting front four.

Then there's Kalu, Travis, Zgonina and Babin

I think Kalu is locked in - and probably Zgonina if he can stay healthy during preseason.

I see big-time competition for the backup tackle slots and Babin's position.

Malone, Cochran, Bulman and Thomas Johnson have all had their moments.

Charlie Anderson can give you what Babin gives you on 3rd downs - food for thought...

Bulman was creating some havoc on second and third team reps but who knows.... I'm reserving judgement on some of these guys until I see what happens in the first couple preseason games.

Lance introduced me to football expert John Harris Saturday morning. Harris is going to team up with the 'Cablinasian' on an afternoon drive time show on 1560 AM starting in a few weeks. Lance describes Harris as "Charlie Palillo with a personality"

Last edited by aj.; 07-30-2007 at 06:00 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #18
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

So has Bulman gotten into a fight with TJ yet.....?
Old 07-30-2007   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Speaking for myself, I'm curious too. When I watched Winston last year I didn't see the dominant right tackle many did. I certainly didn't see "the best left tackle on the team" as I saw him referred to somewhere on these boards recently. He may develop into the apotheosis of the offensive tackle position; I just don't think he's nearly there yet. He seemed a little rough and over matched at times last year, as many would expect a rookie o-lineman to be.

However, I am a well known o-line pessimist so take all this for what it is worth.
I don't think he's a dominant tackle yet, but I'm willing to say he's an upgrade from Weigert. I think we'll get a better look at Winston's ability now that his rookie season is now behind him.

We'll soon see.
Old 07-30-2007   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Charlie Anderson can give you what Babin gives you on 3rd downs - food for thought...

Bulman was creating some havoc on second and third team reps but who knows.
From what I hear, Anderson may be busy as the teams starting SAM.
And even if Bulman is scrimmaging against 2nd & 3rd stringers, Lance Z says he's whippin starting OLinemans butts in the one-on-one drills.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read