Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-30-2007   #1
texansturningthecorner
Rookie

Default training camp talk

Hey guys went to trainning camp this weekend and it was great. I am so ready for football to begin. some of the things i got out of camp if anyone would like to comment please do.

Jacoby Jones- He looked great he is fast and i did not see him drop anything, his break off of the line is the only thing i saw that looked like he was needing some work on but as soon as he gets a step he is gone.

Fed Bennett- this guy is going to be good i saw him make a few interceptions and his coverage is like glue. and for anyone who might wonder about his tackling i saw him lay andre davis out at about half speed.

Amobi- i was a little worried when i saw him playing he was getting handled by weary and i did not see him get any penatration up front. He did flow down the line well and get to the ball but other than that; lets just say i was nervouse.

Shuab- looks good i really like this guy

Travis Johnson- he actually looked really good he was getting good penatration and he was flowing to the ball really well. maybe he has been working hard.

Mario- you can tell a difference in his speed he is coming off the ball fast. and there were a couple of plays where he would have definantly had a sack.

Walter- looked good not great catches everything, jacoby may give him a run for his money during this season.

Secondary-they looked good

Defense- as a whole they look to be great, i really think we are going to have a dominat defense.

offense- the line looked prety good and the running backs look great Gado stuck out to me and lundy looked good as well. as a whole they look better than i have seen in years past.

Punter- Turk can boom the ball it sounds like a bomb goes off when he kicks it i hope he is the guy.

anyways just some of my observations this weekend. looks like we might have a really good year!!!!!
texansturningthecorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #2
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline
Default Re: trainning camp talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansturningthecorner View Post
Walter- looked good not great catches everything, jacoby may give him a run for his money during this season.
Sorry to be a picky fool, but did you say there that he catches everything?
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just curious, have you been to practices before? And if so, do they compare favorably to years past?
Old 07-30-2007   #4
texansturningthecorner
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Just curious, have you been to practices before? And if so, do they compare favorably to years past?
this was my first
Old 07-30-2007   #5
texansturningthecorner
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
Sorry to be a picky fool, but did you say there that he catches everything?
yes sorry, he has great hands
Old 07-30-2007   #6
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline
Default Re: training camp talk

Great, thanks alot for clearing that up. Really rooting for KW this year, hope he succeeds in becoming the number two guy.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
Great, thanks alot for clearing that up. Really rooting for KW this year, hope he succeeds in becoming the number two guy.
AJ hopes somebody becomes a good number 2
Old 07-30-2007   #8
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

You are not logged in... Login / Sign-up
Logout | Edit Profile

SEARCH IN Chron.com - News - Entertainment - Events - Travel - Jobs - Real Estate - Cars - Shopping - Blogs ------------------ Archives (2005-2007) Archives (2000-2004) Archives (1995-1999) Archives (1990-1994) Archives (1985-1989) ------------------ Archives (recipes) Archives (obits)

Sports Update
Blogging special sports events

« Catch of the day | Main | No. 1 'D' looking good up front »

July 30, 2007
Monday tidbits from training camp
Standing out

Everyday there are a few plays that even make the players cheer during camp. Today, one of them came in the red zone when rookie quarterback Jared Zabransky found tight end Ben Steele in the corner of the end zone for a touchdown.

Jamar Fletcher picked off two passes on defense and broke up at least one other one. He seemed to always be by the ball. He's playing mostly nickelback, but is definitely making the Texans at least consider him for the starting job over Demarcus Faggins.

Andre' Davis made another great catch across the middle that looked like he was going to be a step behind. Instead, he stretched out his arms, caught it on the tips of his fingers and held on. He has caught almost everything being thrown at him.

• • •
Liking Leach

Part of the reason Vonta Leach didn't get on the field sooner last year was because the Texans didn't think he practiced well. Leach is a physical, punishing blocker though. He has never really figured out how to tone it down in practice and not hurt anyone. So in practice, he would come across looking slower and less physical than he is.

When the Texans had to insert him into the lineup because of the injury to Cook last season, they saw what a presence he was on the field. He's a converted linebacker, who uses everything he learned on defense.

This season, the Texans already know what he can do on the field, and he's practicing better than he ever did last year. They are working with him on his blocking, and his all around game. He is going to be critical to the success of the running game - just like he was last December. He was a big reason Ron Dayne rushed for 153 yards against the Indianapolis Colts.

• • •
Richardson gone

Terry Richardson, the rookie wide receiver out of Arizona State, only lasted two days into camp. By Day Three, his No. 84 was being worn by Keenan McCardell.

"He just really came in there one morning and said 'I'm not really sure I want to do this,'" coach Gary Kubiak said. "He's a great kid, he's got some ability, and we had to make a move anyway with our running back situation. "

The Texans cut him when they signed Patrick Pass and Darius Walker to boost the depth at running back Sunday.

• • •
Punting pals

It will take awhile until the Texans are going to be able to tell whether Matt Turk or Chad Stanley have the edge heading into the final cuts this offseason. Turk has been showing off his leg, kicking punts that touch the top of the bubble when the team has been inside. But until a couple of preseason games are past, it will be hard to tell who has the true edge.

Stanley struggled last season, especially away from home. Turk is 37 years old, but proved last season in St. Louis that he still can kick.

"Well, they're both just beating it up every day, going head to head," Kubiak said. "One of the hard things in this league nowadays, probably because of your numbers, it's hard to bring in two punters or two kickers because you need numbers at all these other spots. We think it's important to push Chad, and Matt has done a good job of doing that. Right now it's too early to tell."

Posted by Megan Manfull at July 30, 2007 01:31 PM

Comments

http://www.chron.com/content/chronic...deo=1125844089

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 07-30-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #9
texansturningthecorner
Rookie

John had some really good things to say in his Chronicle .com thing i am really getting excited

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read