Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-28-2007   #1
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Where is Zabrasky

I've not heard anything about Zabrasky? I was unable to make it to the Training camp. All I've heard was Sage, Schaub and Van Pelt. Said Schaub was phenominal and sage and van pelt were average.
Old 07-28-2007   #2
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where is Zabransky

Last edited by aj.; 07-28-2007 at 07:24 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007   #3
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns
Default Re: Where is Zabrasky

Hope he makes the team. Really hard not to like him...
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007   #4
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

He's been getting some third team reps.

Not a whole lot you can say in terms of "how'd he look." He doesn't look out of place so that's a start.
Old 07-28-2007   #5
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
He's been getting some third team reps.

Not a whole lot you can say in terms of "how'd he look." He doesn't look out of place so that's a start.
I'm kinda hoping Z gets enough reps to bump Van Pelt down the depth chart. Lance Z said he looked good in the few reps that he got today.

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007   #6
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see him make the team.

Not only because of his skill but for the reason that he is the only reason that the Texans get on TV up here. And even if it is for a third team guy any publicity is good for me.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007   #7
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

that would be sad if he makes the cover of the NCAA 08 but can't make the Texans. That is telling you we are not the team we were a few years ago.
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2007   #8
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
that would be sad if he makes the cover of the NCAA 08 but can't make the Texans. That is telling you we are not the team we were a few years ago.
I hope you're right.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
I'd like to see him make the team.

Not only because of his skill but for the reason that he is the only reason that the Texans get on TV up here. And even if it is for a third team guy any publicity is good for me.
I dunno if you realize it, but we have another BSU alum on our team, Jeb Putzier, who's also a native of the Boise area. Jebs from Eagle, Id.
BTW, I lived in Boise in the early 90s and absolutely loved it. Great place !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007   #10
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

^^^^ Thats where he is, he's been getting his rookie duties in.
Old 07-29-2007   #11
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
That's great!

lol
Old 07-29-2007   #12
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno if you realize it, but we have another BSU alum on our team, Jeb Putzier, who's also a native of the Boise area. Jebs from Eagle, Id.
BTW, I lived in Boise in the early 90s and absolutely loved it. Great place !
It's not that he's a BSU player but that he was the face of the NCAA after the bowl game.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

When you carry the pads of Quentin Porter and Bradlee Van Pelt, you are definitely starting at rock bottom. At least he's smiling.
Old 07-29-2007   #14
barberman
Rookie

I think he has a very good chance to at least make the Practice squad.
barberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007   #15
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barberman View Post
I think he has a very good chance to at least make the Practice squad.
Z looked pretty decent on the few reps he got running the 3rd string. And his passes sure looked a lot better than Van Pelt's. Unlike VP's, Z's passes were on target. I swear, I don't know what Kubiak sees in Van Pelt.
Old 07-30-2007   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Z looked pretty decent on the few reps he got running the 3rd string. And his passes sure looked a lot better than Van Pelt's. Unlike VP's, Z's passes were on target. I swear, I don't know what Kubiak sees in Van Pelt.
Van Pelt is a brawler. He's got the rooster spot becuase MS is out, Sage is out, and you need a joker to make something happen to eek out a win in a close game. He can't throw worth a darn. But he'll bust a gut befor he'll let the other team win. He'll use every dirty trick he knows. I don't know who's going to make the roster and who's going to get cut, but at least we've evolved enough to have to let a good one go in the final cuts. I would have no problems with the ball in Van Pelts hands, with MS and Sage out to win a close one. He's not going to screw up and he'll make plays with his feet. I like Z also. Just glad I'm not the one sending the turk after either one.
Old 07-30-2007   #17
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Van Pelt is a brawler. He's got the rooster spot becuase MS is out, Sage is out, and you need a joker to make something happen to eek out a win in a close game. He can't throw worth a darn. But he'll bust a gut befor he'll let the other team win. He'll use every dirty trick he knows. I don't know who's going to make the roster and who's going to get cut, but at least we've evolved enough to have to let a good one go in the final cuts. I would have no problems with the ball in Van Pelts hands, with MS and Sage out to win a close one. He's not going to screw up and he'll make plays with his feet. I like Z also. Just glad I'm not the one sending the turk after either one.
Maybe you're right. But Van Pelt and Sage were the only ones who threw INTs during the practice session I saw. Sage's balls were close to the intended receiver; Van Pelt's were way off.

I'm going back Thursday and Saturday. With a week under their belts I expect plays to be sharper & crisper.
Old 07-30-2007   #18
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that Zabransky will make the team. He was persued by many teams and chose Houston. He's mobile and exhibited great leadership in college. He's going to be our third stringer and when Rosenfels moves on to find another team in a year, it's the Schaub and Jared show.
Old 07-30-2007   #19
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post

I find it odd he's carrying a bunch of Qb's pads, but not Schaub's.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #20
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I find it odd he's carrying a bunch of Qb's pads, but not Schaub's.
It could be that Schaub was still getting a little extra work in....

I know having a QB staying late and taking extra work isn't something we've come to expect...

let me shut up

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read