Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-27-2007   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mario's feet? Injured again?

I heard on CBS last night that he was reporting his feet were a little tender again. Whats the deal with this? Does anyone have any information?
Old 07-27-2007   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario's feet? Injured again?

One more year of Mario being very ordinary because of foot problems and I'm going to personally have to place him on the (rather large) scrap heap of Texans crummy draft picks. I do not want to end up doing that but I refuse to watch another Texans player suck for 5 years before I call it like it is.

I don't want to see this. I don't want to hear this. I don't want to accept this as reality. Mario being a chronic injury added on top of the players we bypassed to take him is too much. I'm officially in denial about this.
Old 07-27-2007   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

How the hell is that even possible?? They just freakin reported yesterday and today was supposed to be the first practice???

WTF??!!??
Old 07-27-2007   #4
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 174887 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

On the ABC (ch 13) pre-training camp show, they were talking about the D-line. They asked Mario how his feet were. He said they're mostly fine but there is still a little bit of soreness in one spot.

That's all. He said he's ready to go.

Don't blow this out of proportion.

If someone has anything in addition to what HE said, please post a link!
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #5
Immobilarity
Made You Look

Rep Power: 16 Immobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden cover

Officially in denial mode here.

This is something no one wants to hear.
Old 07-27-2007   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think anyone is blowing anything otu of proportion here.

He has yet to do any real football practices, and he already goes and says "my feet are a little tender"

I didn't actually catch the program, but saw at least 3 or 4 people report it on the thread about the CBS newscast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
Who has TIVO? Mario said his foot is a little tender?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Crap. I heard that too.
I thought that mess was all healed.

I hope this isn't something that can be aggravated and get worse over the year.
Somebody call Oshman's and order that boy some new feet!
If someone struggles all year long with an injury problem, reports it healed, then reports it sore again, I think thats reason to be concerned
Old 07-27-2007   #7
real

I watched the show, and I heard what he said...

I have no clue how I should take the fact that he still has soreness in his foot...

On one hand, it's normal to be sore...

On the other hand, his foot should feel great seeing as they haven't even had any real contact...
Sponsored links
Old 07-27-2007   #8
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
On the ABC (ch 13) pre-training camp show, they were talking about the D-line. They asked Mario how his feet were. He said they're mostly fine but there is still a little bit of soreness in one spot.

I've been looking and can't find anything. Until I see something in print, I'm not worried.

He's a big dude with big feet and he probably has high arches. He may have soreness in his feet his entire career.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #9
gtexan02
Working?

I guess it could be any number of things:

1) His problem is still there, he just never got over it
2) This is a chronic reoccuring thing that he will experience after working out/playing
3) This is a prebuilt in excuse that he can use to justify his poor play
4) Its just normal foot tenderness, and has nothing to do with plantar fascilitis
Old 07-27-2007   #10
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:

What he said. Relax people. Geez.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #11
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

2) This is a chronic reoccuring thing that he will experience after working out/playing
4) Its just normal foot tenderness, and has nothing to do with plantar fascilitis
Cross out option #4 cuz that really makes no sense...

When asked about his foot he said it's mostly fine BUT I STILL have tenderness in one spot....
Old 07-27-2007   #12
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

This guy better work out Kubiak or you better dust off that resume. It's not like there wasn't any other talent available at #1.

Kubiak, pray that Mario's foot gets better or you are toast.
Old 07-27-2007   #13
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:

5) A few fans taking a passing remark and blowing it up into thinking the guy is a bust....
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #14
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83307 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone who's ever had plantar Fascitis knows that it's not something that goes completely away, especially if you're active. It's much like a hamstring injury in that once you've pulled it, you're somewhat suseptible to pulling it again.

Also, Mario hasn't been just sitting on his bum all offseason, theres already a thread that is reporting he lost 15 lbs. He's been working out & hopefully working on his craft.

You add to this the fact that he's nearly 300 lbs & .....

If he were talking about his toenails......then i'd have a problem.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #15
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Also, Mario hasn't been just sitting on his bum all offseason, theres already a thread that is reporting he lost 15 lbs.
Quote:
Defensive end Mario Williams reported to camp slimmer than he was a year ago.

Williams, who is listed at 6-6 and 293 pounds on NFL.com, said he weighs 280.
"I've kind of slimmed down a bit," he said. "It just came along with doing more stuff, just being more active."
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5004423.html
Old 07-27-2007   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
How does that change his injury concern? If anything, it makes me nervous that he may have aggravated his foot in offseason workouts, and now theres no time for proper recovery
Old 07-27-2007   #17
real

Quote:
How does that change his injury concern? If anything, it makes me nervous that he may have aggravated his foot in offseason workouts, and now theres no time for proper recovery
I was just backing up what Tex said...

That had no indication towards whether or not Mario is still having problems...

But now that I think about it, I don't think he is...
Old 07-27-2007   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe it's still tender in one spot due to the Cortisone shots taken last year. I believe he had a shot every Sunday.

Old 07-27-2007   #19
Vega
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Vega is on the Pro-Bowl ballotVega is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

For what it's worth, here's my experience with Plantar Fasciitis. I had it about a year back and I play soccer pretty regularly. When it hit, I could barely walk. I rested and let it heal (although admittedly not as long as I should have). Now, I'm back to playing as much as I did before, but I can still kind of feel it. It's not painful enough that I even think about it during a game, but when I'm just walking around I know it's there. More importantly, it hasn't gotten any worse since I started playing on it again.

Of course, I play in amateur soccer leagues and weigh just over 1/2 a Mario, so it's not a perfect comparison, but I'm also probably more of a wuss than Mario so if it doesn't affect me, it shouldn't affect him. I wouldn't get too worried about it unless word were to leak that it's getting worse.
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #20
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83307 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
that's just it, he may have done this at the beginning of training camp or after the 1st, 6th, or 12th game of the season if it didn't happen while he was working out in the offseason. Mines still flares up every now & then when i play basketball.

It's a condition that likely will be with him throughout his career, flaring up at times, laying dormant others.

here's a link about it:http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_r...?Thread_ID=144

on top of that, he just said it was a little soreness........... relax man.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read