Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-26-2007   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is Vonta still in the mix?

In the Kubiak presser, all the FB talk seemd to swirly around Jameel Cook and his knee and this new guy Jon Abbate.

What happened to Leach?
I thought he was our golden boy of run blocking
Old 07-26-2007   #2
real

Default Re: Is Vonta still in the mix?

Things understood don't need to be explained.
Old 07-26-2007   #3
real

Leach being the starter is something he probably thought was understood, so he didin't comment on it.
Old 07-26-2007   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ah, I understadn now.

We can't possibly be looking to take 3 FBs into the season, can we? I would be happy with 1...
Old 07-26-2007   #5
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
In the Kubiak presser, all the FB talk seemd to swirly around Jameel Cook and his knee and this new guy Jon Abbate.

What happened to Leach?
I thought he was our golden boy of run blocking
I'm hoping thats Kubiaks subtle way of saying that Jameel Cook is getting cut. After those 2 heart breaking games last year, its kind of hard to even look at him.
Old 07-26-2007   #6
real

Quote:
Ah, I understadn now.

We can't possibly be looking to take 3 FBs into the season, can we? I would be happy with 1...
I believe we carried two on the roster last year...

Cook is going to start the year on the PUP from my understanding...

Personally I think Abbate makes the roster as the back-up FB/ Special teams guy...
Old 07-26-2007   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Is Vonta still in the mix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I'm hoping thats Kubiaks subtle way of saying that Jameel Cook is getting cut. After those 2 heart breaking games last year, its kind of hard to even look at him.
Like an ex who screwed you over.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-26-2007   #8
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Like an ex who screwed you over.

pretty much. I saw him at the texans open house signing. Of course his line was the shortest. I stood there with my nephew untill I saw who it was. Do you know how hard it is to explain to an 8 year old how this guy ruined 2 games and thats the reason no one wants him signing anything.
Old 07-26-2007   #9
real

Quote:
pretty much. I saw him at the texans open house signing. Of course his line was the shortest. I stood there with my nephew untill I saw who it was. Do you know how hard it is to explain to an 8 year old how this guy ruined 2 games and thats the reason no one wants him signing anything.

Man, that's embarassing...

I feel for Jameel....
Old 07-26-2007   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man, that's cold.

you couldda let him sign a program or sumpin
;o)
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #11
Rampage
Rookie

Quote:
I take it you also explained to your cousin that you have a tattoo of a team with the NFL's worst winning percentage?
Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #12
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Man, that's cold.

;o)
ahhh yeahh... ummmm then when asks would you like me to sign that football I go ummm well its not you its me.
Old 07-26-2007   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ahhh yeahh... ummmm then when asks would you like me to sign that football I go ummm well its not you its me.
hmmmm... I see your dilemma.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Man, that's cold.

;o)

Quote:

Ouch!!

That just does not kinda suck, that blows big chunks. I am sure Cook is a good guy and all and that is why I would feel bad for him, but then you look at the football side of it and think suck it up junior.
Old 07-26-2007   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cook goes onto PUP or gets cut.

Abbate ends up listed as a FB and plays ST.

If Chris Taylor doesn't get let go because of fumblitis, he ends up in a Mike Anderson sort of position where he's in at FB on some plays and in at HB/TB on others.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #16
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah right...hand that guy a football and he'd drop it.
Old 07-26-2007   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I believe we carried two on the roster last year...

Cook is going to start the year on the PUP from my understanding...

Personally I think Abbate makes the roster as the back-up FB/ Special teams guy...
Who could play LB in a pinch.
Old 07-26-2007   #18
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Yeah right...hand that guy a football and he'd drop it.
Nice! Rep for that one.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #19
texansturningthecorner
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Things understood don't need to be explained.
point well made
texansturningthecorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #20
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ouch that really has to hurt. Really has to sting when you come in as a good FA singing and see a lot of good time and to have a few plays haunt you like that. I still don't think the Giants game that was a fumble though.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read