Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-25-2007   #1
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This SI cover will put a smile on your face!

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=13244

Via PFT. Sheldon Brown puts the hurt on Saint Reginald. I love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXJ4R...elated&search=

This play never got the publicity that it deserved!
Old 07-25-2007   #2
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: This SI cover will put a smile on your face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=13244

Via PFT. Sheldon Brown puts the hurt on Saint Reginald. I love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXJ4R...elated&search=

that hit was just wicked. now THAT is playoff football. hopefully we see some of that soon.

the season can't come fast enough
Old 07-25-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I was impressed that Reggie jumped back up after that hit. You could tell he had his bell rung...heck, I felt it just watching it on TV! But he's a gamer, and will probably try to avoid those hits in the future if he wants a long career.
Old 07-25-2007   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Brown
"He was lucky. His elbow was pinned against his body, protecting his rib cage, or else I probably would have broken his rib. What did it feel like? That collision, I didn't feel nothing, because he was pretty much defenseless. It was like running through a cardboard box. Seriously. Cardboard box."
Hahaha.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP6ZjMGv-4Q

in that one, you can hear the crack of the collision.
Old 07-25-2007   #6
Rampage
Rookie

Who cares about the Cover. It there isn't a Texan on it I could care less.
Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
"seriously. cardboard box."

wow. reggie meet pain. kablamo, adam west's batman style.
Damn I am hungry for a snickers bar now.
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2007   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I was impressed that Reggie jumped back up after that hit. You could tell he had his bell rung...heck, I felt it just watching it on TV! But he's a gamer, and will probably try to avoid those hits in the future if he wants a long career.
I guess I do give him some props for still being alive.
Old 07-25-2007   #9
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

They showed the game on NFL Network the other day and Reggie didn't exactly "jump" up.
Old 07-26-2007   #10
Bynum610
Rookie

That was a MONSTER hit, and like someone else said, I felt it at home watching it on TV. Drew Brees really hung him out to dry on that one.

But I was also really impressed with his toughness after that hit. He was out for one play, came back into the game, and a few plays later ripped a 30 yard run across the field, and on the next drive had a very impressive TD.
Bynum610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Oh yes it did....
Thanks in large part to HarryJ!! Prior to the merger of TexansTalk with all the folks from the old official board.. there was an entire thread dedicated to this hit!!! The video was posted everywhere....

But its still great to watch... (Sorry Elle)

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 07-26-2007 at 08:12 AM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #12
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

That was one hell of a hit. The picture really doesn't do it justice, they should have one from about 0.2 seconds earlier. Anyway, I agree with both DB's and Bynum's posts above, he did show some toughness there.

Two things happened on that play that spelled doom. The first was Terrance Copper (lined up out wide) neither getting Brown to back off by selling any kind of route nor attempting to block or even get his hands on Brown, allowing Sheldon to just sit on the play. The second, more obvious one was Brees not recognizing Brown selling out and lofting a suicide ball out there that hung for days.

I have to say, though, that I'd be a little more impressed with Brown if Bush wouldn't have been completely defenseless and not even looking, although Brown did admit as much in his comment. He did time it perfectly though, his eyes must have been as big as saucers.
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #13
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

"I think he just **** himself."
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #14
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

I just got my copy in the mail. Hah!

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #15
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynum610 View Post
But I was also really impressed with his toughness after that hit. He was out for one play, came back into the game, and a few plays later ripped a 30 yard run across the field, and on the next drive had a very impressive TD.
These plays never got the publicity that it deserved!
LikeABoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read