Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-25-2007   #1
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default drunken warren moon

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: drunken warren moon

And according to "King" Jerome Solomon, Moon is a "class act". In between DUI's and slapping his women around that is.
Old 07-25-2007   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah I thought I posted about his arrest in April but I couldn't find it and I think it was on the other board. This is the lingering case from that April arrest.
Old 07-25-2007   #4
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
And according to "King" Jerome Solomon, Moon is a "class act". In between DUI's and slapping his women around that is.

....And sexually harassing Minnesota Vikings cheerleaders
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #5
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I have never been a big fan of Moon both on or off the field, but this charge is lame. He wasn't drunk and wasn't even speeding that gratuitously.

Sounds like he got pulled over for DWB and the cop had an axe to grind.

Cop 1: I got a black guy speeding in a truck nicer than my F-150. He's going down.
Cop 2: You da man, boss.
Old 07-25-2007   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I have never been a big fan of Moon both on or off the field, but this charge is lame. He wasn't drunk and wasn't even speeding that gratuitously.

Sounds like he got pulled over for DWB and the cop had an axe to grind.

Cop 1: I got a black guy speeding in a truck nicer than my F-150. He's going down.
Cop 2: You da man, boss.
I'd have pulled him over for going 15 over the speed limit without hesitation and I'd have written him a ticket for it no matter who he was. 50 in a 35 is enough to get you pulled over no matter what color you are.

If I smelled alcohol he'd be going to meet the breathalyzer man to see what number came up. I don't know a single cop who wouldn't make that arrest. I'm sure there are some but I don't know them.

You sound like you're just looking for a reason to give him a pass because of those darned racist cops and the vendetta that they all have on every black man on earth. At least that's what you sound like to me.
Old 07-25-2007   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'd have pulled him over for going 15 over the speed limit without hesitation and I'd have written him a ticket for it no matter who he was. 50 in a 35 is enough to get you pulled over no matter what color you are.

If I smelled alcohol he'd be going to meet the breathalyzer man to see what number came up. I don't know a single cop who wouldn't make that arrest. I'm sure there are some but I don't know them.

You sound like you're just looking for a reason to give him a pass because of those darned racist cops and the vendetta that they all have on every black man on earth. At least that's what you sound like to me.
I am pointing to the reckless driving charge. Moon deserved a speeding ticket and that was it. To get arrested and have to make bond for basically speeding is just ridiculous and seems like the officer just tried to stick something on him because he couldn't bust him for being drunk.

He should of got a speeding ticket. He got more than that and now his name is sullied for essentially....speeding.

Why would the officer do this? Is the officer just a jerk or is there something else? Was Moon a jerk and the officer stuck it to him? or was it DWB?

Once again, I never liked Moon but it seems that the officer seemed bent on pinning something on Moon. I want to know why...that's all Herv.
Old 07-25-2007   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

fwiw - Moon was just on ESPN News talking about the Oilers days and he did address the incident. He said he was 10 miles over the speed limit and said him being pulled over was 'dubious at best'. He had been out having dinner and told the officer he had a few drinks but was not drunk. The officer then accused him of being drunk and the tests proved he wasn't. Moon then said that the officer then changed the charge to negligent driving and Moon was like 'It does turn out to be negligent driving because I was 10MPH over the speed limit according to his say so and that is where it stands now.'

Am I the only one who thinks he is getting railroaded here? He wasn't drunk and that was proven so they try and save face and say he was 'negligent' because he was 10MPH over the speed limit. This smells fishy.

I just can't stand the police that let their own agendas, pride or biases affect the perception of the good police who are even handed and logical doing their jobs.
Old 07-25-2007   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

negligent driving wow

couldn't the police use that one on about EVERY offense that happens.

hauling to jail seems extreme on that one.. unless there is more to the story
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
negligent driving wow

couldn't the police use that one on about EVERY offense that happens.

hauling to jail seems extreme on that one.. unless there is more to the story
They hauled his butt to jail so he could do a blow and it turned out he was not drunk. Nothing wrong with that at all, better safe than sorry, so they take him back to his vehicle and he goes home.
Old 07-25-2007   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
They hauled his butt to jail so he could do a blow and it turned out he was not drunk. Nothing wrong with that at all, better safe than sorry, so they take him back to his vehicle and he goes home.
ah I see. I overlooked that, I thought the police would have the device with them

I guess Washingon state is WAY behind the times because I saw were police were now taking blood in some place... saves on paperwork and such
Old 07-25-2007   #12
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are pro athletes' traffic stops considered newsworthy??

When Steve McNair went to traffic court because of his brother-in-law, they had a TV crew at the court house.

Tank Johnson's little episode in AZ stayed in the news for weeks.

Yet, what happened to the story about broadcaster Bill Maas?? He got stopped with DRUGS and a firearm in his ride. They didn't even post a picture of him - if anyone has seen an article with Maas' photo please post the link. And speaking of which, have you heard another word on how that turned out? I believe FOX fired or suspended him...? But his story isn't getting nearly the attention compared to the athletes'.

what happened to "fair & balanced"?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Yet, what happened to the story about broadcaster Bill Maas??
Who?

I've heard of Warren Moon.

And that's why it's news.
Old 07-25-2007   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Why are pro athletes' traffic stops considered newsworthy??

When Steve McNair went to traffic court because of his brother-in-law, they had a TV crew at the court house.

Tank Johnson's little episode in AZ stayed in the news for weeks.

Yet, what happened to the story about broadcaster Bill Maas?? He got stopped with DRUGS and a firearm in his ride. They didn't even post a picture of him - if anyone has seen an article with Maas' photo please post the link. And speaking of which, have you heard another word on how that turned out? I believe FOX fired or suspended him...? But his story isn't getting nearly the attention compared to the athletes'.

what happened to "fair & balanced"?
it is up there with Matthew McConaughey,cedrick benson, Jason Patric(to name a few) .. that have GOOD lawyers that hush things up
Old 07-25-2007   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
ah I see. I overlooked that, I thought the police would have the device with them

I guess Washingon state is WAY behind the times because I saw were police were now taking blood in some place... saves on paperwork and such
They are slow... My cousin got busted for DUI and by the time he got back to the station, he was at .071, so they let him go. He said it took about 15 minutes to get there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

.067 is not that far from .08. From a technical standpoint he was not legally intoxicated but he had been drinking, admitted that he had been drinking, and plenty of people in this world become impaired before reaching the legal blood alcohol level. Many states have a charge for driving badly with less than the legal limit of alcohol in your bloodstream.

Also as brakos82 just pointed out your blood alcohol level changes over time. I once transported a guy to the county jail in Bellville for another officer. I was very annoyed that this guy was getting off shift and asking me to transport his bust because I didn't think this guy was drunk. There was a slight odor of alcohol in him and he was as clear and lucid as the majority of people you might see on any given day. I just did not see this guy being over the limit. Between the bust in Wallis and the breathalyzer in Bellville this guy fell apart and blew a .29 when the DPS officer got there. He was on his way up. How are the arresting officers supposed to know if Warren Moon was telling the truth? Maybe he was on his way down and by the time they got to the breathalyzer he was below the limit.
Old 07-25-2007   #17
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
it is up there with Matthew McConaughey,cedrick benson, Jason Patric(to name a few) .. that have GOOD lawyers that hush things up
And for you Austinites you might remember Corey Morrow ( country singer ) getting busted with a DUI I think and I know for sure cociane in his vehicle on Loop 1 one night more than a year ago and never hear another word about it.
Old 07-25-2007   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
And for you Austinites you might remember Corey Morrow ( country singer ) getting busted with a DUI I think and I know for sure cociane in his vehicle on Loop 1 one night more than a year ago and never hear another word about it.
wow didn't know that.. I have been out of austin for 3 years now.that is a new one
Old 07-25-2007   #19
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
.067 is not that far from .08. From a technical standpoint he was not legally intoxicated but he had been drinking, admitted that he had been drinking, and plenty of people in this world become impaired before reaching the legal blood alcohol level. Many states have a charge for driving badly with less than the legal limit of alcohol in your bloodstream.

Also as brakos82 just pointed out your blood alcohol level changes over time. I once transported a guy to the county jail in Bellville for another officer. I was very annoyed that this guy was getting off shift and asking me to transport his bust because I didn't think this guy was drunk. There was a slight odor of alcohol in him and he was as clear and lucid as the majority of people you might see on any given day. I just did not see this guy being over the limit. Between the bust in Wallis and the breathalyzer in Bellville this guy fell apart and blew a .29 when the DPS officer got there. He was on his way up. How are the arresting officers supposed to know if Warren Moon was telling the truth? Maybe he was on his way down and by the time they got to the breathalyzer he was below the limit.
Herv, you don't think the cop may be overstepping the boundaries here? I am all for keeping drunks off the road but playing a power trip on the citizens is a bit far. If you take a guy downtown on the suspicion of being drunk in order to test him and he PROVES that he is not legally drunk, you should have the common decency to not manufacture some BS charge to stick on him.......unless you have an axe to grind.

to me it smells like DWB and an officer that was too proud to just let the guy go and admit he was WRONG. Swallow that pride and do your job.
Old 07-26-2007   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

SH,

I guess I don't get the whole DWB in this case. They took him to blow. He passed, no worries. He still broke the law by driving over 40% higher than the posted speed limit - which is breaking the law....

Should he be let off because he's DWB? or shuold he be let off because he's Warren Moon?

I don't know the law(s) in Washington, but in some states 15mph over a the speed limit is considered negligent driving - not just simply speeding.

Who knows, when he goes to his arraignment, maybe ALL is dropped -or- they lessen the charge.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read