Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-24-2007   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Curtis Martin Retiring

If I could do an avatar where I put my finger in my mouth and pop my cheek, I'd do it...whoopty-doo. I thought the guy owned a car dealership by now. Don't get me wrong. I liked the guy and all, it has just been a long time coming.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2947121

"Jets running back Curtis Martin, the fourth leading rusher in NFL history who hasn't played since the 2005 season, will make it official this week and announce his retirement from the NFL.

The news that he would retire this week was first reported by The New York Post.

The Jets open training camp Friday and are expected to hold a news conference before camp begins to announce the running back's retirement.

Last month, Martin re-worked his contract for a second straight year to provide the team more salary cap room."
Old 07-24-2007   #2
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Curtis Martin Retiring

One of my all time favorites. The man will be missed.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Curtis Martin Retiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
One of my all time favorites. The man will be missed.
Awesome runner. At least he had one great season at the end and then 2 years of rehab. Just seems like forever ago he played.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read