Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-03-2004   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pats looking at Matt Stevens???

LINK

The Patriots are going to have to get by without Ty Law for at least a month -- and perhaps as long as seven weeks -- after the Pro Bowl cornerback was diagnosed with a broken bone in his left foot by a team doctor. Law collapsed on the field after turning the wrong way while in pass coverage during Sunday's 34-20 loss to the Steelers at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh.

The Patriots did not report to the NFL office that any players visited yesterday, though if the players came in after 4 p.m., when the list is due, the team can wait to report the visit until the next day. There are some older defensive backs out there -- including Otis Smith and Matt Stevens, two players who know the New England system -- or the Patriots could activate Earthwind Moreland off the practice squad. There aren't many options, however.
Old 11-03-2004   #2
ColdSteelBlue
Veteran

dear god , please let us play any team with stevens on it.
ColdSteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Wow. If he really starts, they can prepare for a 21 game losing streak.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I thought he opened a tatoo parlour? He-he.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004   #5
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004   #6
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

lol Im gonna have to hit up a Patriot message board after they see him play
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

They must be desperate :woot
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2004   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I know he sucks. But if any team can get production out of Stevens, its the Patriots.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

That's so true.

I wish the guy well. He may not have been a very good player for the Texans but hey he made it to the NFL. So many don't. I don't think he ever gave less than maximum effort. He just wasn't right for this team.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #10
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

cant expect much when theres a white boy in the secondary :hehe:
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #11
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

You can expect to give up a lot of touchdowns when his name is Matt Stevens.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #12
Rosusu
All Pro

I was wearing my texans hat in Boston, as I usually do. A girl walks up to me and she complimented my hat and said her cousin played for them. I asked (very excitedly) really, who? Matt Stevens was her answer. I say "Oh, yeah I know who that is, he was......good?" Tried my hardest not to say anything bad about him, I think the grotesque look on my face gave it away though.
Old 11-04-2004   #13
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Stevens played on Patriots before and was not the embarassment for them as he was for the Texans.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004   #14
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 880 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosusu
I was wearing my texans hat in Boston, as I usually do. A girl walks up to me and she complimented my hat and said her cousin played for them. I asked (very excitedly) really, who? Matt Stevens was her answer. I say "Oh, yeah I know who that is, he was......good?" Tried my hardest not to say anything bad about him, I think the grotesque look on my face gave it away though.

If that had been me, I don't know if I could have held back my laughter.
TexanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004   #15
Andre_Johnson80
Veteran

The passing yards are going to pile up from philly TO is going to rip them apart as much as I hate TO he is going to have a field day
Andre_Johnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read