Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-24-2007   #1
techrecruit1

Smile Txns/Cowboys this year

What kind of spread do you think we'll see this year when we play the Cowboys?
Old 07-24-2007   #2
lostboy
Undrafted FA

Rep Power: 15 lostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Txns/Cowboys this year

We'll have to give them 2 TD's
lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by techrecruit1 View Post

Its pre-season, I don't think it matters.
Old 07-24-2007   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

19-10??
Old 07-24-2007   #5
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Its pre-season, I don't think it matters.
Oh, it matters!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

who bets on preseason games and why does he like throwing his money away?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
19-10??
27-3 is more like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-24-2007   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever View Post
Oh, it matters!

Not really. The teams play their scrubs and I put no bearing on 2-3 series of starters. So why is that a bet worthy enterprise?

Two games mattered..19-10....and last year..34-6 Dallas

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 07-24-2007 at 02:19 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #9
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

thats what i dont get.. its preseason, we are laying 2nd an 3rd stringers and yet they call it the Governors Cup game... wtf
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #10
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
who bets on preseason games and why does he like throwing his money away?
Rep to the V-man.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #11
techrecruit1

I bet on pre season games with buddies from Dallas. I've got a feeling that i'm not the only one either.
Old 07-24-2007   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Not really. The teams play their scrubs and I put no bearing on 2-3 series of starters. So why is that a bet worthy enterprise?

Two games mattered..19-10....and last year..34-6 Dallas

Okay, I'll play this thread straight.

The third game of the preseason matters because it is the game where the teams play their starters for long periods of time.

And though people say that wins in the preseason do not matter, I will say that for a team that hasn't seen enough W's next to their names, the way they play and whether they win DOES matter.

TC
Texans 2005 Survivor
No likee Jerry's team
Old 07-24-2007   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Okay, I'll play this thread straight.

The third game of the preseason matters because it is the game where the teams play their starters for long periods of time.

And though people say that wins in the preseason do not matter, I will say that for a team that hasn't seen enough W's next to their names, the way they play and whether they win DOES matter.

TC
Texans 2005 Survivor
No likee Jerry's team
Good argument and I agree in part but I also always note that most of not all of the Cowboys SB teams walked away with losing pre-seasons..some winless. I put stock in evaluating talent and seeing guys get reps but I like walking away healthy. We have started many of our losing years winning the opener after our pre-seasons so I'm hoping we just have a healthy set of games. Considering I'm a split fan here if there are some good drives and we look sharp, I'm happy.

My point really is that I don't find pre-season fascinating enough to gamble on or lose money on and they certainly aren't games, IMHO, that will matter.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 07-24-2007 at 05:23 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by techrecruit1 View Post
Don't know, but the Texans are one point dogs versus the Chiefs, says caribsports.com.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read