Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-24-2007   #1
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Frye in fold. 2 picks to go

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/head...s/4992530.html

No info given. Just that he agreed to terms.

Quote:
Monday, the Texans continued talks with their unsigned rookies, including Amobi Okoye and Jacoby Jones. They also officially signed Brandon Harrison (fifth round) to a four-year, $1,847,125 which includes a $182,125 signing bonus. Kasey Studdard (sixth round) signed a four-year, $1,765,600 deal, which includes a $100,600 signing bonus.

Progress made.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Frye in fold. 2 picks to go

I just don't get that warm tingly feeling about Frye. I really like the Studdard signing, but I'm fairly indifferent about Frye and feel he will actually prevent us from drafting a legit starting calibur LT soon.
Old 07-24-2007   #3
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Frye is pretty Raw but if he proves to be coachable he'll be interesting in the next year or so. I thought he was a good insurance policy pick over the next few years.

I also think Kubiak does want to run more of a ZBS but doesn't have the personnel to pull it off. That's where i think the zone/power mix from Sherman comes in. Looks like for the most part we're grooming linemen for the future.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #4
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

So Diles, Okoye and Jones are still yet to sign?
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I just don't get that warm tingly feeling about Frye. I really like the Studdard signing, but I'm fairly indifferent about Frye and feel he will actually prevent us from drafting a legit starting calibur LT soon.
5th rd. like Gaither

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
Diles was the 1st pick to sign.
Old 07-24-2007   #7
real

I like Frye...

I don't know if he is going to be an eventual starter for us or not, but I like him as an athlete and football player...

I think at minimum he is a solid back up for us
Sponsored links
Old 07-24-2007   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Frye is a project - time will tell - defies categorization - could play any position on the line thus provides solid depth - better run blocker than pass protector - my best guess would be Pitts back up

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I like Frye...

I don't know if he is going to be an eventual starter for us or not, but I like him as an athlete and football player...

I think at minimum he is a solid back up for us
I like Frye as well. I think he has the potential to be a starter for us down the road. He definitely has more athleticism than Studdard.
Old 07-24-2007   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
5th rd. like Gaither
This I deserve.
Old 07-24-2007   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Frye in fold. 1 pick to go

I heard that Jacoby Jones is signed too.
Old 07-24-2007   #12
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I heard that on 610 also. I am hoping for big things out of him.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I like Frye as well. I think he has the potential to be a starter for us down the road. He definitely has more athleticism than Studdard.
We see this differently. I think Studdard will be an above average guard for us soon, and will be a steadying force on our line. I think he is rock solid. Frye has so many questions that it is hard to expect much out of him. Most of the project OT's that are drafted late are more developed as pass-blockers already or have outstanding feet and long arms. Frye is athletic, but isn't quite the typical project OT...of course Spencer wasn't anything close to a typical LT. Kid should be at RG.
Old 07-25-2007   #14
real

I don't think Frye nor Studdard start for us at any point in point in the near future, and maybe in their whole careers, unless someone gets injured...
Old 07-25-2007   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I don't think Frye nor Studdard start for us at any point in point in the near future, and maybe in their whole careers, unless someone gets injured...
I think Studdard will start next year. I think he plays enough this year. I doubt Frye sees the field for this year, and sucks it up next year because he isn't ready, and falls into a Seth Wand type cycle with vicious riddiculing and delaying of development from coaching.
Old 07-25-2007   #16
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texans | J. Jones officially signs
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:46:53 -0700

The Houston Texans have announced they have officially signed third-round draft choice WR Jacoby Jones. Terms of the contract were not disclosed, but it has been reported the contract is a four-year deal.

www.kffl.com
Old 07-25-2007   #17
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I got a feeling Frye is your next Texan's center. He was never drafted as an OLT canidate. Mark White is not likly to make the club. But it seems that they're tracking in the direction of finding guys for '09 and 10. Pitts can't go on for ever. Neither can Flanagan or McKinney.
Old 07-25-2007   #18
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1347 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
Okoye hasn't singed....

Note that Miami #9 hasn’t signed Ted Ginn and the 49ers #11 havn’t signed Patrick Willis either...

Once of these guys sign, it may move things...
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #19
real

only 5 first round guys have signed to my understanding.
Old 07-25-2007   #20
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Frye is a project - time will tell - defies categorization - could play any position on the line thus provides solid depth - better run blocker than pass protector - my best guess would be Pitts back up
Yes. I agree with this assessment. Studdard and Frye share a few similar traits. Studdard might not be a prototypical ZBS lineman, but he is nasty, works hard on every play and gives his 100% on every play. Frye also has a good work ethic and looks like he is willng to learn. Remember all, these are late draft picks. This is when you look for diamonds in the rough.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read