Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2007   #1
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Young Fractures Foot!

NEW ORLEANS -- Saints defensive tackle Brian Young, a starter throughout the 2006 season, fractured his foot while doing some offseason training on his own in Florida, meaning he'll likely miss the opening practices of training camp.

General manager Mickey Loomis said Young, 30, had surgery on his foot last week but could not say when the lineman would be able to return to practice. Loomis did not specify which foot was inovlved.

The Saints' backups at Young's spot include Kendrick Clancy, Antwan Lake and Rodney Leisle. Leisle started during Hollis Thomas' suspension late last season.

Young and special teams leader Steve Gleason, who in June had an operation known as a microfracture performed on his right knee, are the only players expected to be sidelines when the Saints hold their first practice of training camp on July 27 at Millsaps College in Jackson, Miss.

Gleason, who is also a reserve safety, is expected to return in the second or third week of training camp.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.

Last edited by brakos82; 07-22-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-22-2007   #2
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Young Fractures Foot!

Hahaha..nice one.
Old 07-22-2007   #3
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

I was estatic until I read NEW ORLEANS.

Damn
Old 07-22-2007   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Appearantly someone does not have a sense of humor because the title of the thread was changed.

pfft I thought it was very funny.
Old 07-22-2007   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Appearantly someone does not have a sense of humor because the title of the thread was changed.

pfft I thought it was very funny.
I didn't really think it was too funny myself. Actually, I was annoyed. I'm here to talk football not trick Texan fans into elation which is what happened here with me.
Old 07-22-2007   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Why newspapers, magazines and a lot of other news or information sources create a headline in order to attract a readers attention. this was no different. young is a very common name in the NFL.
Old 07-22-2007   #7
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Who changed the title? The ruined everything. It isn't like the title name was false. Change it back.

My 1000 post...
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2007   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Who changed the title? The ruined everything. It isn't like the title name was false. Change it back.

My 1000 post...
Somebody needs a sense of humor, yeesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Old 07-22-2007   #9
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
NEW ORLEANS -- Saints defensive tackle Brian Young, a starter throughout the 2006 season, fractured his foot while doing some offseason training on his own in Florida, meaning he'll likely miss the opening practices of training camp.

General manager Mickey Loomis said Young, 30, had surgery on his foot last week but could not say when the lineman would be able to return to practice. Loomis did not specify which foot was inovlved.

The Saints' backups at Young's spot include Kendrick Clancy, Antwan Lake and Rodney Leisle. Leisle started during Hollis Thomas' suspension late last season.

Young and special teams leader Steve Gleason, who in June had an operation known as a microfracture performed on his right knee, are the only players expected to be sidelines when the Saints hold their first practice of training camp on July 27 at Millsaps College in Jackson, Miss.

Gleason, who is also a reserve safety, is expected to return in the second or third week of training camp.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha HA, very funny. You got me!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 07-22-2007   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Young Fractures Foot!

I did not change it, but glad someone did. Making light of someone fracturing their foot to draw laughs via implication is rather sad. If you are going to go there, at least post it in the rivalry sub forum.
Old 07-23-2007   #11
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I did not change it, but glad someone did. Making light of someone fracturing their foot to draw laughs via implication is rather sad. If you are going to go there, at least post it in the rivalry sub forum.
Yeah, the involvement of a somewhat obscure DT doesn't really bother me, but the fact that a lot of people here apparently would take joy in another player getting hurt is just kind of sad to me.
Old 07-24-2007   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlam View Post
Yeah, the involvement of a somewhat obscure DT doesn't really bother me, but the fact that a lot of people here apparently would take joy in another player getting hurt is just kind of sad to me.
It is not about the delight in a player getting hurt on my part. I just know some people would take the thread the wrong way. But to each his own I guess.
Old 07-24-2007   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlam View Post
I wouldn't be happy if Young got hurt. I'd just be happy if he weren't able to play against us. He just shut us up last year with that OT run.

Don't misunderstand my elation as to be that he got hurt. Anything that can benefit the Texans, I'll take.
Old 07-24-2007   #14
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Well, I thought it was funny. "The Madden Curse struck early this time" I thought.
Old 03-13-2008   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

I remember this...
Old 03-15-2008   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I remember this...
Why did this get brought up from the dead...?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read