Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-19-2007   #61
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default Re: San Antonio Watch Parties

it was great to see everyone again, and meet you Uvalde.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #62
UvaldeTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 UvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performer

Thanks V Man...nice meeting all you guys...Hope to do it again this season.
Old 08-19-2007   #63
treygar
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 treygar is on the Pro-Bowl ballottreygar is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Ok guys thanks for showing up.

What did you think of the venue? Smaller than the other two venues I think and more traffic getting to and from I feel. I still prefer Live Oak for the greater parking area and proximity to the freeways.

When are we up for doing another watch party?

No matter where we go I suggest the bar area instead of general seating, so the smokers don't have to go to and from and we can be louder and probably get better service. I didn't feel comfortable as some people are there just to dine and not watch sports (i'm more uncomfortable knowing there are people who don't watch sports but that is another story altogether).

any comments welcome but as decent a turnout as I expected (more actually).
Old 08-19-2007   #64
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I had fun.

I bet the next watch party will be when there is a conflict between the Texans and those who will not be named cause they are playing on cbs. or if the local networks jerk the game. so week 4 is my bet. One thing is guaranteed though we are all watching the Denver game at my house because I have the NFL network and those who dont want to go to a bar on a thursday can comr to my house I have a big screen and we can BBq. Oh and sorry if my Kid bothered yall he didnt have a nap and most of yall know i usually dont bring him but I did cause his mom needed a break.

Anyways, I enjoyed hanging out with yall again and meeting Uvalde and Trey.
As for the location it was allright more central location could split the differences. In my opinion the dezavala location is the best. its dark and always on the big screen. Live oak is way to far for me. I wish wingstop had a bigscreen they have better wings.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #65
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by treygar View Post
Ok guys thanks for showing up.

What did you think of the venue? Smaller than the other two venues I think and more traffic getting to and from I feel. I still prefer Live Oak for the greater parking area and proximity to the freeways.

When are we up for doing another watch party?

No matter where we go I suggest the bar area instead of general seating, so the smokers don't have to go to and from and we can be louder and probably get better service. I didn't feel comfortable as some people are there just to dine and not watch sports (i'm more uncomfortable knowing there are people who don't watch sports but that is another story altogether).

any comments welcome but as decent a turnout as I expected (more actually).
See other than the traffic getting there, I liked this place, but don't know how crowded it will be on Sundays. Understand what you are saying about the bar, but some of us (like this time) bring our children so the main area is better for them.

As for the Live Oak one, I wasn't impressed with it. Poor service, and no sound for the Texans game, and had to beg to get it on a big screen near wear we sat. But it may have been that time.

But I am flexible and will travel to where the group is.
Old 08-20-2007   #66
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Yeah, I had fun.

I bet the next watch party will be when there is a conflict between the Texans and those who will not be named cause they are playing on cbs. or if the local networks jerk the game. so week 4 is my bet. One thing is guaranteed though we are all watching the Denver game at my house because I have the NFL network and those who dont want to go to a bar on a thursday can comr to my house I have a big screen and we can BBq. Oh and sorry if my Kid bothered yall he didnt have a nap and most of yall know i usually dont bring him but I did cause his mom needed a break.

Anyways, I enjoyed hanging out with yall again and meeting Uvalde and Trey.
As for the location it was allright more central location could split the differences. In my opinion the dezavala location is the best. its dark and always on the big screen. Live oak is way to far for me. I wish wingstop had a bigscreen they have better wings.
Your kid was no problem, forgot he was there at times. As for the Thursday game sounds great. And I bet if we lose the first two, the Texans get pulled week 3 in SA.
Old 08-20-2007   #67
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey guys,

I too am from San Antonio and would like to say that KENS 5/TWC is the reason why I bother my wife for Dish Network (NFL League Pass). Like previously stated, it pisses me off when they cut the Texans for a Jets game in the middle of the season. The only thing worse than the Jets would be the Tacs and I'm sure that has happened in the past. So believe me, I share with yall's frustration.

Anytime you have a get together for the game I'd love to join. My work schedule has me working every other weekend but when I have the time off it'd be great to meet all of you.

Some things about me....I love beer, wings and the Texans. Seeing some of you talking about BWW is speaking my language. Hope to meet you soon.

Ricky
Old 08-20-2007   #68
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Hey guys,

I too am from San Antonio and would like to say that KENS 5/TWC is the reason why I bother my wife for Dish Network (NFL League Pass). Like previously stated, it pisses me off when they cut the Texans for a Jets game in the middle of the season. The only thing worse than the Jets would be the Tacs and I'm sure that has happened in the past. So believe me, I share with yall's frustration.

Anytime you have a get together for the game I'd love to join. My work schedule has me working every other weekend but when I have the time off it'd be great to meet all of you.

Some things about me....I love beer, wings and the Texans. Seeing some of you talking about BWW is speaking my language. Hope to meet you soon.

Ricky
more the merrier, sounds great.

V
Old 08-21-2007   #69
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl
Default Re: SA Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
I sent you a private message regarding the Carr jersies. I was wondering what size, color and price you wanted. You asked, I tried to PM you, but you didn't respond. Do you want to sell jersies or not?
Maybe His PM wasn't working...With some ppl that seems to be a problem...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #70
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

hmmm i just signed on and sent you pm i got it as soon as i signed in. battle red is on the wall blue and white have been washed into oblivion. sorry
Old 09-05-2007   #71
treygar
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 treygar is on the Pro-Bowl ballottreygar is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

OK guys anyone wanna meet up for this one. I don't think I'm gonna make this game (by that I mean going to the stadium) unless tickets fall in my lap.

Any suggestions? Anyone having a house party? I'm up for anything though if I end up in my room watching football all day and chatting on the game thread I'm fine with that as well.
Old 09-07-2007   #72
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by treygar View Post
OK guys anyone wanna meet up for this one. I don't think I'm gonna make this game (by that I mean going to the stadium) unless tickets fall in my lap.

Any suggestions? Anyone having a house party? I'm up for anything though if I end up in my room watching football all day and chatting on the game thread I'm fine with that as well.
They are giving away tickets on ticket 760, yesterday and maybe today. I called right when they came on to give them away. It was busy and they asked simple questions. One guy got the back up Qb wrong and another answerd a question about Andre and called him Landry Johnson. The sad part is they gave it to him. I was so pissed I may try again today, if they have it. Starts at 3 I think. Your welcome to hang here. My wife is gonna make wings from scratch. Its not sa party just my opening day tradition. Oh then I go with friends after the game to play bball. So if you like playing pick up ball, you can go to. I have big screen. This is not a party( I will be hosting one for the Denver game because I have directv) This is assuming i dont win tickets.
Old 09-14-2007   #73
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Friendly alert-- CBS has the colts game as TBA. I think if we win they dont jerk the game .If we loose I think they will.
Old 09-19-2007   #74
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Hey SA ppl, Manny had told me earlier that TJ Maxx has Texans Jerseys on sale for $24, all colors....I'm going to hit them up myself...
Old 09-19-2007   #75
mannyo123
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to mannyo123

And nice fitted reebok hats for $8bucks
Old 09-20-2007   #76
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Well there is no way to say this without it sounding bad .........

I have to small of a head for the one size fits all caps. But did go by TJ in South Austin and got a Red AJ jersey for $25 good deal.
Old 09-20-2007   #77
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Finally we have a place that actually sells Texans gear...Its awesome.
Old 09-20-2007   #78
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

which Tj maxx? Did yal see my post that I found alot of jerseies in Ingram park mall. Does Tj maxx have a battle red schaub?
Old 09-21-2007   #79
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
which Tj maxx? Did yal see my post that I found alot of jerseies in Ingram park mall. Does Tj maxx have a battle red schaub?
No the do not at the one on Brodie, I think most are older. Meaning from last year.

I saw Mario and AJ Blue Red and White. Will be up north tomorrow so I will check that one. Not looking for myself, but so others will no what is up. I guess this info should be put out for others as well.

Was not looking to spend the money, but I do not have a red or white one and for the price could not resist.
Old 09-21-2007   #80
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I believe its the one at the forum....U can ask manny0123, he saw the assortment of jerseys and can tell you more...I'm going Saturday for a new Jersey to wear to the Colts game....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read